Another French New Year's Celebration Enriched By Diversity - 1,000+ Cars Set Ablaze, 500+ Arrests

777Sloan

It's Okay To Be White
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
United States
✟49,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
【New Year’s Eve celebrations in France have turned out to be not only a time of joy, but also a frantic spell for police and emergency service personnel who faced mass disorder across the country.

The number of vehicles torched during the festivities that spiralled out of control in Paris and other French cities have surpassed 1,000, the French Interior Ministry said in a statement reviewing the New Year’s Eve celebrations. The number of vehicle arson attacks “slightly exceeded” last year's figures, when 935 cars were set alight, the ministry added.】
zx860y484_2678503.jpg

Hundreds of cars burnt in France, over 500 arrested during ‘traditional’ New Year unrest

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,314.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That's a thing the french do every year since the nineties. It's stupid, but it has nothing to do with immigrants. But I guess an easy scapegoat is too good to not trot out every chance you get, eh?

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That's a thing the french do every year since the nineties. It's stupid, but it has nothing to do with immigrants. But I guess an easy scapegoat is too good to not trot out every chance you get, eh?

My my. What an out of control crowd, destroying property and rioting for no reason. I thought Europeans were much too advanced for any such nonsense. Why, I thought these things only happened in uncivilized and backward hick America. ///////

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,314.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
My my. What an out of control crowd, destroying property and rioting for no reason. I thought Europeans were much too advanced for any such nonsense. Why, I thought these things only happened in uncivilized and backward hick America. ///////
Nah, that's the french. They do this all the time.

Every society has its anarchists and vandals, and they find ways to sate their base appetites. Be it that they commit arson on a personal level, spray-paint some walls, destroy cars or shoot people. In some societies, some acts of vandalism are, if not exactly sanctioned, then at least normalised.

In germany, such things happen as well, from time to time. The last one was in Hamburg, last year. And in some cities, there are often riots on the first of may.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why would you think that?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

...Not sure if serious.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
【New Year’s Eve celebrations in France have turned out to be not only a time of joy, but also a frantic spell for police and emergency service personnel who faced mass disorder across the country.

The number of vehicles torched during the festivities that spiralled out of control in Paris and other French cities have surpassed 1,000, the French Interior Ministry said in a statement reviewing the New Year’s Eve celebrations. The number of vehicle arson attacks “slightly exceeded” last year's figures, when 935 cars were set alight, the ministry added.】
zx860y484_2678503.jpg

Hundreds of cars burnt in France, over 500 arrested during ‘traditional’ New Year unrest

God have mercy!

Talk about a wish for one's own demise.

Tragic that this is tolerated.

Shameful.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean the OP was implying it's nice to see immigrants assimilating into French society?

I have no idea, but then, the nationalities or ethnic groups of those arrested have not been released. I also do not normally get my news from Russia.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm aware of it happening. However, I was taking to task the whole "It isn't an immigrant thing." It is an immigrant thing, although not really a "Muslim thing." It's been going on since the late 80's, but picked up steam in the 90s.

From what I have read it is a “poor” thing. They may very well be immigrants doing all this but until the nationalities of those arrested are released, there is no way to prove it is solely an immigrant issue.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
From what I have read it is a “poor” thing. They may very well be immigrants doing all this but until the nationalities of those arrested are released, there is no way to prove it is solely an immigrant issue.

It isn't simply "poor" it's absolute poverty of poor, immigrant heavy neighborhoods.

Almost 1,000 cars torched around France on New Year's Eve but government insists it 'went particularly well'
France left shocked by 'savage' New Year attacks on police

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If France's government doesn't mind people torching Peugeots on NYE then I won't worry about it either.

Well, France's government does own 14% of Peugeot (and 89.95% of Citroen and 19.73% of Renault).

Upvote 0