Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A good case study on this is evolution. It is a lie, but so many believe it to be true.

Nice projection, but all you did by writing that gibberish is let people know about your educational level.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Much lower than it needs to be to be taken seriously, judging by your replies on this topic..

I see. So, is everyone who you disagree with automatically stupid in your mind, or am I just a special case?

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's another video.

Same question. Where are the other 6 continents on the Earth's surface seen in this video?
That is an awesome video. How will the flat earthers explain this one?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
How do you explain a flat earth from that video?

Well, at the 15 second mark, the camera is already curving the shape of the launch pad, and at the 2:23 mark it inverts the edge of the earth from convex to concave. So, what it can prove is that the lens is curving the objects in view.

Edit: There's also a concave earth around the 1:56 mark, in case you missed the other curve manipulations.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, at the 15 second mark, the camera is already curving the shape of the launch pad, and at the 2:23 mark it inverts the edge of the earth from convex to concave. So, what it can prove is that the lens is curving the objects in view.

Edit: There's also a concave earth around the 1:56 mark, in case you missed the other curve manipulations.
If the lens is curving the objects in view why is the rocket perfectly straight at 1:43? If there are curve manipulations with the lends then we should be seeing curvature of the rocket.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If the lens is curving the objects in view why is the rocket perfectly straight at 1:43? If there are curve manipulations with the lends then we should be seeing curvature of the rocket.

Did you even watch the video? You can actually sit there and watch the earth curve invert from 1:47 to 1:57.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

The lens does curve the image, it's a wide angle lens so naturally it's going to distort objects a bit.

But my question is, where are all the continents? Why do we only see a very small section of the earth?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The lens does curve the image, it's a wide angle lens so naturally it's going to distort objects a bit.

But my question is, where are all the continents? Why do we only see a very small section of the earth?

Because that's the small area of land the rocket was over at the time. It's similar to the Baumgartner/Red Bull high altitude jump footage. The camera they used allowed a large field of view in the center of the camera at the cost of causing the look curvature at the edges, but if you look at what is beneath him, it's just planet New Mexico.

Think about looking through a magnifying glass. The center of focus is enlarged while the images around the edges are distorted, and they also distort slat edges that are not in the center view. that's basically what you are looking at. Besides, these people seem to favor these types of lenses. Take a look around second 6, even the camera they are using on the ground is causing horizon curvature.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you even watch the video? You can actually sit there and watch the earth curve invert from 1:47 to 1:57.
SMDH. What happens in the attached video is that the horizon is under the horizontal plane of the lens: in that case, as in every video distorted by fish-eye lenses, the curvature may be inverted.

If the lens distorted the images in the video like you claim then the rocket would have been distorted. Again I ask the question you FAIL to answer. Why is the rocket not distorted in the video?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
SMDH. What happens in the attached video is that the horizon is under the horizontal plane of the lens: in that case, as in every video distorted by fish-eye lenses, the curvature may be inverted.

If the lens distorted the images in the video like you claim then the rocket would have been distorted. Again I ask the question you FAIL to answer. Why is the rocket not distorted in the video?

What does it matter? The question was how does one explain flat earth from the video. Therefore the focus is on the earth itself in the video in order to address the question, not the rocket. And as the earth is the focus of the question, one can see the lens itself causes the visible edge to constantly distort, implying zero evidence of the shape of the earth, curved or flat.

I've answered your question a couple times now. Quit changing the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does it matter? The question was how does one explain flat earth from the video. Therefore the focus is on the earth itself in the video in order to address the question, not the rocket. And as the earth is the focus of the question, one can see the lens itself causes the visible edge to constantly distort, implying zero evidence of the shape of the earth, curved or flat.

I've answered your question a couple times now. Quit changing the subject.
LOL, it does MATTER because you are claiming that the lens used is distorting the images in the video true shape. If that were the case the rocket would be distorted. How do you not comprehend your own argument?

I'll repeat once again: The Earth shows flat in the video because the horizon is UNDER the horizontal plane of the lens. Very simple explanation which you fail to comprehend.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
LOL, it does MATTER because you are claiming that the lens used is distorting the images in the video true shape. If that were the case the rocket would be distorted. How do you not comprehend your own argument?

I'll repeat once again: The Earth shows flat in the video because the horizon is UNDER the horizontal plane of the lens. Very simple explanation which you fail to comprehend.

I honestly don't know if you even watched the video or read my replies. Who said the earth is flat in the video? I didn't.

Also, if you are implying that the lens is distorting some objects and not others, then you seem to be implying fakery by imposing some sort of CGI effect.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly don't know if you even watched the video or read my replies. Who said the earth is flat in the video? I didn't.

Also, if you are implying that the lens is distorting some objects and not others, then you seem to be implying fakery by imposing some sort of CGI effect.
Of course I watched the video. I asked you to explain why the video showed a flat Earth and you responded with an answer to why you thought it was flat, but now you are saying you didn't say the Earth was flat in the video? Hmm changing your stance already because you couldn't come up with an explanation? If the Earth isn't flat in the video then what shape is it?

BTW, it was YOU who said the lens is distorting the objects in view. Here is what you said in bold letters "So, what it can prove is that the lens is curving the objects in view."

Do you even know what you are arguing? LOL

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Of course I watched the video. I asked you to explain why the video showed a flat Earth and you responded with an answer to why you thought it was flat, but now you are saying you didn't say the Earth was flat in the video? Hmm changing your stance already because you couldn't come up with an explanation? If the Earth isn't flat in the video then what shape is it?

BTW, it was YOU who said the lens is distorting the objects in view. Here is what you said in bold letters "So, what it can prove is that the lens is curving the objects in view."

Do you even know what you are arguing? LOL

It is distorting objects and I pointed out several instances.

You're going to have to show where I said the video showed a flat earth? I clearly stated the lens distortions supported neither a curved or flat surface (post 615). This is why I'm asking if you ever watched the videos or read my responses, because your responses seem so disconnected from the subject.

Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is distorting objects and I pointed out several instances.

You're going to have to show where I said the video showed a flat earth? I clearly stated the lens distortions supported neither a curved or flat surface (post 615). This is why I'm asking if you ever watched the videos or read my responses, because your responses seem so disconnected from the subject.
Yet again you fail to answer the questions. If the lens is distorting objects in the video why is the rocket not distorted? Can you answer that?

I asked the question: How do you explain a flat earth from that video? and you answered with an explanation as to why you thought the video showed a flat earth. Why would you give an explanation if you didn't think the Earth was flat?

I think you like to argue for the sake of arguing with no logical explanations.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.