Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As I understand it - it was mentioned here a while back and I got Davidnic to check for me Annunciation cannot be celebrated during Holy Week in the Latin Church and so will instead be Celebrated on the first possible day afterwards

This is what I was told <<Its one of the main feasts so they must have it. And it can only be superseded by Palm Sunday, Holy Week or the Octave of Easter. So it would get moved to the next day, Monday the 9th. The Monday after the Octave.>>

We will be , like Mary, will be celebrating Annunciation on Sunday and then Palm Sunday [ The Entry into Jerusalem ] a week later. Those on the Julian Calendar will be celebrating Annunciation on 7th April - a Liturgist's nightmare !!

• Informative
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As I understand it - it was mentioned here a while back and I got Davidnic to check for me Annunciation cannot be celebrated during Holy Week in the Latin Church and so will instead be Celebrated on the first possible day afterwards

This is what I was told <<Its one of the main feasts so they must have it. And it can only be superseded by Palm Sunday, Holy Week or the Octave of Easter. So it would get moved to the next day, Monday the 9th. The Monday after the Octave.>>

We will be , like Mary, will be celebrating Annunciation on Sunday and then Palm Sunday [ The Entry into Jerusalem ] a week later. Those on the Julian Calendar will be celebrating Annunciation on 7th April - a Liturgist's nightmare !!

Oh, my! I hadn't thought about that! And thanks for the info on the Catholic observance.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Oh, my! I hadn't thought about that! And thanks for the info on the Catholic observance.

Do you have a catholic spouse or something since you wondered about this? :)

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Do you have a catholic spouse or something since you wondered about this? :)

He's Anglican Catholic, so similar :), and the topic came up with him and it made me curious.

Upvote 0