Decatur
✟16,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our fifth anniversary is coming up this weekend and it's only been about four months since discovery day. Anyone who has experienced something similar have any advice?? It feels so wrong to be celebrating the day that centered around sacred vows that he broke. He is trying so hard and doing everything he knows to do to be better. But I still cringe at the thought of celebrating the remembrance of a day that holds little value in my mind/heart now. If anything it just brings pain. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

See my previous post for a brief history: How to rebuild trust//

• Prayers
Reactions: Kindled

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our fifth anniversary is coming up this weekend and it's only been about four months since discovery day. Anyone who has experienced something similar have any advice?? It feels so wrong to be celebrating the day that centered around sacred vows that he broke. He is trying so hard and doing everything he knows to do to be better. But I still cringe at the thought of celebrating the remembrance of a day that holds little value in my mind/heart now. If anything it just brings pain. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

See my previous post for a brief history: How to rebuild trust//
Hi; sorry to read of your real upset.

You don't need to answer this specifically; but if you guys are 'together' again it might make a great difference. Like, if the wronged spouse is showing a willingness to love and be passionate about the other, despite everything.

Philippians 2 is a moving passage about how deep the Lord Jesus stooped when He willingness went to the Cross.

Upvote 0