Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something doesn't necessarily be Christian to have elements characteristic of the faith. An example would be Digimon Adventure, it's not ideally a Christian show; but it has a group of characters brought together journeying another world and have been partnered each with one from it, they develop bonds of friendship which strengthens their connections to each other.

Nothing is perfect in life and we can't expect it to always be so, but what's relevant is the core of it; what's at the center and does it have any meaningfulness. This isn't any less true when it comes to being a Christian, it's about our imperfect selves living accordingly to certain principles and values; even when it's not ideal. So all the anime that's available to us, let's try to find what has recognizable characteristics important to us; even if it's not what we imagine.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Something doesn't necessarily be Christian to have elements characteristic of the faith. An example would be Digimon Adventure, it's not ideally a Christian show; but it has a group of characters brought together journeying another world and have been partnered each with one from it, they develop bonds of friendship which strengthens their connections to each other.

Nothing is perfect in life and we can't expect it to always be so, but what's relevant is the core of it; what's at the center and does it have any meaningfulness. This isn't any less true when it comes to being a Christian, it's about our imperfect selves living accordingly to certain principles and values; even when it's not ideal. So all the anime that's available to us, let's try to find what has recognizable characteristics important to us; even if it's not what we imagine.
You are right. A anime does not have to be Christian to have healing elements to it. I hope anime continues to develop in its art and help many people.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are right. A anime does not have to be Christian to have healing elements to it. I hope anime continues to develop in its art and help many people.

I agree for animation generally; it's a great platform for creativity, artistic expressions from writing and drawing to directing and animating etc. Even now there's a variety of shows and movies for us; appealing to a broad audience. Hopefully the industry continues well into the future and for the better too.

Are there any anime you think is Christian friendly, having a positive message that speaks to you?

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree for animation generally; it's a great platform for creativity, artistic expressions from writing and drawing to directing and animating etc. Even now there's a variety of shows and movies for us; appealing to a broad audience. Hopefully the industry continues well into the future and for the better too.

Are there any anime you think is Christian friendly, having a positive message that speaks to you?
Sailor Moon is a wonder anime that speaks of friendship and true love and defeating evil.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember watching some episodes of it when I was younger. But not much memory of the show other than they somehow transformed from ordinary girls to being suited for fighting evil.

Sailor Moon | Anime-Planet

Considering what you said, think I'll watch Sailor Moon eventually. It's very similar to why I started to watch Digimon Adventure recently, as before nostalgia got me watching Digimon Adventure Tri.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I remember watching some episodes of it when I was younger. But not much memory of the show other than they somehow transformed from ordinary girls to being suited for fighting evil.

Sailor Moon | Anime-Planet

Considering what you said, think I'll watch Sailor Moon eventually. It's very similar to why I started to watch Digimon Adventure recently, as before nostalgia got me watching Digimon Adventure Tri.
Yes, you should try Sailor Moon. I feel you will like it :)

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2018
Camden
✟15,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love anime so much. I wanted to pray that the Lord makes it so more anime is Christian and that it helps heal the world with how healing anime can be.

Did you know Superbook started out as a Japanese Anime series? It was really good, I was fortunate to get a chance to watch it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you know Superbook started out as a Japanese Anime series? It was really good, I was fortunate to get a chance to watch it.
I like Superbook :) Thank you for telling me this.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Superbook - Series - Vision

Wow I missed out on what seems to be a great children's show. It has time-traveling and a robot that goes with the children through history learning AND experiencing God up close. Even as an adult I'm thinking this is the coolest and most awesome idea for a show ever. :astonished:

Also the history of the show is interesting too, I'm surprised it was allowed to air in the Soviet Union. I thought they were an atheist nation opposed to religion, and wanted to limit competing influences against their authority/power.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
jnp85anho1901.jpg

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christianity and Anime.. Hmm. I know Japanese have a lot of familiarity (and good and bad history) with Catholicism, and love using it's motifs.. but I rarely see it presented in any understandable way. Exhibit A: Evangelion. A bunch of nonsense really, but with Judeo-Christian symbols and names (Lilith, Evangel, the cross explosions in the sky).

I do like some anime though. I just don't know anything that respectfully fits this mold. The genre I probably like the most is just simple Slice of Life stuff.. which should be relatable to anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christianity and Anime.. Hmm. I know Japanese have a lot of familiarity (and good and bad history) with Catholicism, and love using it's motifs.. but I rarely see it presented in any understandable way. Exhibit A: Evangelion. A bunch of nonsense really, but with Judeo-Christian symbols and names (Lilith, Evangel, the cross explosions in the sky).

I do like some anime though. I just don't know anything that respectfully fits this mold. The genre I probably like the most is just simple Slice of Life stuff.. which should be relatable to anyone.
I love slice of life anime.

Reactions: straykat
Upvote 0

HopefulHepatica

Beauty from Ashes
Apr 24, 2018
West Coast
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, I did know a couple who were pastors at my church as a teenager. They ended up leaving our church to start one in Japan. Since then it's grown so much, they've expanded into 3 churches at this point. I think it's amazing the work that God is doing in their ministry, and there are people who are receiving it. There's always hope ;)

Speaking of Sailor Moon, I adore that show growing up, it remains this sweet nostalgia for me. If I ever have children I feel like I'd let them watch that.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I did know a couple who were pastors at my church as a teenager. They ended up leaving our church to start one in Japan. Since then it's grown so much, they've expanded into 3 churches at this point. I think it's amazing the work that God is doing in their ministry, and there are people who are receiving it. There's always hope ;)

Speaking of Sailor Moon, I adore that show growing up, it remains this sweet nostalgia for me. If I ever have children I feel like I'd let them watch that.
Sailor Moon is a beautiful anime. I love it very much. Yes I feel if you have children it would be lovely for them to watch it.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad actually introduced me to that anime when it aired in Canada. My dad thought it would be a good show for me to watch, he was right. I loved it so much that I began to draw at age 11 - when I first saw the show.

There were some controversy over the show with a Christian friend I had, her mom didn't want her to watch the show because it had "possession" in it. Though I was allowed to watch that and the Simpsons. There were other shows I wasn't allowed to watch, of course. But I thought (and still think) that not being allowed to watch something that has "possession" in it was strange considering being Christian. Might as well have banned the Bible in that case since it talks about it! o_O

Upvote 0