Visit site
✟172,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think many Christians, even those who have seriously studied the Bible for years, don't have a clear understanding of the meaning of "Hallowed be Your Name". The meaning is powerful and beautiful once you get it. It may be the most important prayer request in the universe (in a way).

I explain the meaning of "hallowed be Your Name" using a short animated video. It's my first attempt at a animation. The animation is very simple and not great, but the meaning is really great because it is based on God's Word. Also, I was using a free version of animation software which only allowed a 5 minute video, so it is broken into two parts. Here it is. After watching it, please let me know what you think.

Part 1 (5 minutes):

Part 2 (2 minutes):

God Bless You!

Last edited:

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think many Christians, even those who have seriously studied the Bible for years, don't have a clear understanding of the meaning of "Hallowed by Your Name". The meaning is powerful and beautiful once you get it. It may be the most important prayer request in the universe (in a way).

I explain the meaning of "hallowed be Your Name" using a short animated video. It's my first attempt at a animation. The animation is very simple and not great, but the meaning is really great because it is based on God's Word. Also, I was using a free version of animation software which only allowed a 5 minute video, so it is broken into two parts. Here it is. After watching it, please let me know what you think.

Part 1 (5 minutes):

Part 2 (2 minutes):

God Bless You!
A blessed presentation! Spiritually sound!

(I noted that you have "by" in a couple of places where you meant "be.")

Thank you for this blessing! I'll have to look into the program you used. Perhaps I can use it for my grandchildren!

Reactions: Mark Corbett
Upvote 0

Mark Corbett

Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2017
Severn, NC
Visit site
✟172,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A blessed presentation! Spiritually sound!

(I noted that you have "by" in a couple of places where you meant "be.")

Thank you for this blessing! I'll have to look into the program you used. Perhaps I can use it for my grandchildren!

Thanks! There's no easy way to fix a type in the video, but I fixed it in the post. May God bless your grandchildren!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'd be interested in hearing how some of you use the Lord's Prayer in your private and/or corporate prayer life. God Bless You!

We pray the Lord's Prayer corporately as the Eucharist is being prepared. In our parish it is prayed in all the languages represented, which always includes Greek and English, and frequently Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Portuguese, and sometimes a few others. Because we corporately address OUR Father, it is another way to acknowledge the community aspect of all of us being gathered together.

It is also generally prayed in morning and evening prayers privately, as part of the Trisagion (thrice-holy) part of our prayers, along with other prayers.

When I was a catechumen, my priest gave me a prayer rule to pray the Our Father a number of times through the day, as a way to get me used to praying frequently and to help keep God in awareness.

It can (and generally should be) accompanied by personal prayers when prayed privately as part of formal prayers, though meditation on formal prayers can serve as well.

That is some of the ways the prayer is used in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Mark Corbett

Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2017
Severn, NC
Visit site
✟172,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We pray the Lord's Prayer corporately as the Eucharist is being prepared. In our parish it is prayed in all the languages represented, which always includes Greek and English, and frequently Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Portuguese, and sometimes a few others. Because we corporately address OUR Father, it is another way to acknowledge the community aspect of all of us being gathered together.

Thanks for sharing that! Praying with people in multiple languages is like a tiny preview of what's waiting for God's people:

ESV Revelation 7:9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'd be interested in hearing how some of you use the Lord's Prayer in your private and/or corporate prayer life. God Bless You!
I use it each night when retiring to make sure that there is absolutely no misunderstanding where I stand in the issue between Satan and God. That despite my imperfections which cause me to fall short and need forgiveness, I am not lending any support to the rebellion which took place in Eden. That my hope is not in mankind and its technology. That I believe God will establish his kingdom on Earth and fulfill his prophecies. In short, it's like my daily pledge of allegiance.

Upvote 0

the old scribe

old scribe
Site Supporter
May 13, 2017
Arlington, TX
✟89,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Lord's Prayer is an excellent outline to use for constructing prayers for the situation. Every prayer ought to establish the particular nature of the LORD which is appropriate for the prayer.

Another site that is doing animated presentations is "The Bible Project." Most of their presentations are available on "youtube." Here is the URL for their God’s Holiness Bible Project

Each presentation is from 4 to 12 minutes.

The format uses line drawings and box style outlines to represent sections or ideas and the relationship between these as the narrator explains each overview of either a book of the Bible or a biblical subject.

The presentations are not introductions since the aim is not to provide only the details usually provided in an introduction.

The aim of the project is to provide an understanding of each book or subject so that the entire Bible is demonstrated a a consistent and unified revelation.

As an overview the presentations are more than an outline but less than a commentary.
The presentations are aimed at the "big picture" rather than specific details.

Your presentation on hallowed was informative and interesting. Animation aids in focusing the listeners attention.

Reactions: Mark Corbett
Upvote 0

Mark Corbett

Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2017
Severn, NC
Visit site
✟172,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another site that is doing animated presentations is "The Bible Project." Most of their presentations are available on "youtube." Here is the URL for their God’s Holiness Bible Project

Yes, I've also looked at some of The Bible Project material. I think some of it is excellent. I even used one of their videos when teaching a Bible class, and likely will use some of their material in the future as well.

Like any discussion, summary, or explanation of the Bible (including my own posts, teachings, sermons, and videos!) it is important to remember that while the Bible is perfect, explanations and summaries of it are not. When a book of the Bible is summarized in a a few minutes, it necessarily requires a lot of interpretation. Of course this applies not only the animated videos, but to things like book introductions in study Bibles. These can all be great tools (including "The Bible Project") when used with discernment.

Upvote 0

the old scribe

old scribe
Site Supporter
May 13, 2017
Arlington, TX
✟89,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I've also looked at some of The Bible Project material. I think some of it is excellent. I even used one of their videos when teaching a Bible class, and likely will use some of their material in the future as well.

Like any discussion, summary, or explanation of the Bible (including my own posts, teachings, sermons, and videos!) it is important to remember that while the Bible is perfect, explanations and summaries of it are not. When a book of the Bible is summarized in a a few minutes, it necessarily requires a lot of interpretation. Of course this applies not only the animated videos, but to things like book introductions in study Bibles. These can all be great tools (including "The Bible Project") when used with discernment.

Discernment is the aptitude most often missing in all endeavors. Discernment must begin with a tremendous effort toward objectivity. Most think discernment means doing a critical analysis to see if the opinion agrees with their own view. Even in the examination to determine if something is biblical, it is most likely a discernment to evaluate the degree to which there is agreement with ones own interpretation of the Bible. The same limitations are documented in everything from "pure" science, social "sciences," medicine, history, political opinions, and religions.

All our differences are about presuppositions and how it is that what one assumes controls what one can comprehend or accept. In this forum there are post after post where the person criticizes a post because of not understanding the sentences as they were written. Among views held by Christians it is not often to find a Catholic who understands the criticism of Protestants and vice versa - Sunday worshipers verses Sabbath keepers, Calvinist verses Armenians, dispensationalist verses all the amillennialist, and the list goes on and on.

A recent article by Uri Harris reveals the liberal bias of those in the social "sciences."
Are the Social Sciences Undergoing a Purity Spiral? - Quillette
There are similar articles covering the published research in the scientific journals and the actual scientific process use of statistics.

It is not just that mankind lacks actual discernment but that the human nature is untrustworthy and deceitful even when doing Bible study. Therefore, an effort is made avoiding any concrete disagreement with the content of posts. However, some suggestion for study might be made or extending the position of an obvious flaw to show the weakness of its meaning. My one endeavor for which I have been censored is when the obviously well biblically well educated scholar abuses their knowledge in undermining the beliefs of the laity on this forum without making any effort to inform. Otherwise, direct criticism is avoided as you seem to do.

Conclusion: It is not enough just to encourage discernment because mankind is incapable. Biblical discernment is a gift of the Holy Ghost which is obviously rarely demonstrated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums