• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Animated Holograms are Physically Real!

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by SelfSim, May 8, 2021.

1. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+1,088
    Humanist
    Private
    No CGI involved!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,510
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    This kinda goes along with my belief that the Star of Bethlehem was a [mental] hologram.

3. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+1,208
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    This kinda goes against your literal reading of the Bible, namely in Genesis. Its says "star".

4. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,684
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

This came up in my science updates feed today. I actually read the article and watched the video. I was hugely impressed with the potential but I have no idea how it works apart from something to do with lasers.

OB

5. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I came up with a similar idea about 44 years ago. I couldn't figure out how to make it work though; as it used multiple particles. I just figured out how to make my idea work with a single particle.

Take a magnetic particle. Place it in a home position. Point a laser at the reflective particle in the home position. By using multiple photodetectors and comparators, multiple voltages on the outputs of the comparators would be produced, based on the intensity of the light being reflected back to each optic, at any given point in time. These voltages could be converted to binary code through A-D converters. We now have base values for the particle in the home position. It is within a box that has electromagnets in each of the eight vertices of the box. Each magnet is pulsed at varying duty cycles, just until the particle stops moving toward each vertex. The limits of the box are now defined and the unit is calibrated.

Now the electromagnets can be individually pulsed, at a high rate, to place the particle anywhere within the box; as the optics track the particles location.

Let the games begin!

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  6. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Disciple Supporter

+4,442
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Is it an actual physical particle using only lasers or light...?

If so, can you imagine this on a much, much more larger, and much much more advanced scale maybe, etc...?

Like on the quantum level maybe with maybe what happens and/or (supposedly) exists on our level maybe, etc...?

Moving so very, very fast that maybe it appears to be in all places at once, (on the quantum level, etc), or appears to be at one place at one time, and maybe in a completely different (supposedly random) other place at another time, etc...?

And doing this also very, very rapidly, etc...?

Anyway...?

God Bless!

7. Neogaia777

+4,442
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Are we in "the box"...?

8. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    That would be very unhealthy with a fast moving particle and intense lasers. With filters on the optics; I'm thinking that RGB (full color) would be an easy accomplishment.

Edit:

What am I thinking? I'm thinking antiquated CRTs. Let's step it up to the 21st century. Let's try Red Yellow Blue.

9. Neogaia777

+4,442
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I'm more thinking that our reality/universe could be made up of light/heat/energy manipulating particles, etc...?

Just in a much, much more advanced and general sense maybe, etc...?

And maybe that we maybe see some of that, on the quantum level maybe, etc...?

God Bless!

10. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    If you look at the Universe through the quantum lens; there are no particles; and there is no energy.

Matter and energy don't exist in reality. They are theoretical ideals. All is plasma, with varying degrees of the qualities of both matter and energy; but let's not digress.

11. Neogaia777

+4,442
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    What is plasma...?

Does it have substance in reality...?

12. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,029
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    If it’s a mental hologram you’re basically saying it was a hallucination.

13. Larnievc

+4,029
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    What do you mean reflective? If you’re hammering a partial with photons what else would happen.

14. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    I'm thinking a chrome plated precision sphere. The more reflective the surface, the less one would need to "hammer" it with photons.

15. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    How would this line of questioning be relevant to the OP? I believe that Newtonian Physics is sufficient for an explanation here.

16. Neogaia777

+4,442
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    And yet there still seems to be a lot of debate on just exactly what and how much of this is, or can be actually considered really "real" here, etc...?

He is talking about holograms and holographic projections, but projecting them with quote/unquote actual "real" particles or substance, but with using light, etc, which I think it very relevant to the types of questions I am asking here, etc...?

It kind of ties into the nature of our reality in my opinion, etc...?

If we can do that, etc, then why could, or can't it, or couldn't it, etc, have already been done, but only with a great, great deal much more "complexity" and on a very, very much more "larger scale", etc...?

God Bless!

17. Neogaia777

+4,442
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Maybe we, and this entire reality, are only "animated holograms that are physically real", etc...?

"Quote/Unquote", etc...

God Bless!

18. AV1611VET

+41,510
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's because it was a star.

But as I said, not one in space.

It was a mental hologram of a star.

Not a mental hologram of a moon, planet, asteroid, comet, or otherwise.

19. AV1611VET

+41,510
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Vision.

20. Larnievc

+4,029
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    I was confused when you said particle. Did you mean object?