Visit site
✟15,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know this has probably been asked before, but I was curious if there was anywhere in the Bible where it may have said somethig about animals in heaven... I'm not talking necessarily about the birds and the bee's but animals that have become personal friends to humans.

Maybe the Lord spares them because they were important to us and we loved them as children (some of us). If you know anything please let me know.

Thanks! :)

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I know this has probably been asked before, but I was curious if there was anywhere in the Bible where it may have said somethig about animals in heaven... I'm not talking necessarily about the birds and the bee's but animals that have become personal friends to humans.

Maybe the Lord spares them because they were important to us and we loved them as children (some of us). If you know anything please let me know.

It depends on the idea you have of heaven.

God created the man (and not the animals) in His image and likeness.

Because of this image of God in us, in the Heaven we will be in Christ and Christ in us (John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.)

But that is only because our likeness with God.
Animals dont.

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
Running Springs (2 hours from LA)
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
John says that anyone who is a loving person knows God, and that includes pets. Only someone going to Heaven can know God. Feral animals do not know love, so they do not know God because they don't really have souls. Only the soul knows love. Soulless entities are incapable of understanding love or God.

Upvote 0

ROGER459

Aug 30, 2006
✟798.00
Faith
Christian
(Revelation 22:15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

(John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Animals are not and cannot be "Born Again" or Believe [John 7:28-39]

BESIDES, I like "Mash Potatoes and Gravy with my Manattee!" -and- "I would trade Flipper for a Good Tuna Sandwhich!"

Thanks, Roger459

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a canine trainer and love them soooo much.
My dogs need training more. :o I know that I do not spend enough time working with them, but with 3 children around it is just easier to put them outside or in the crate. Actually, it is just the puppy who is now one year old who is the problem because she jumps on all of the furniture and people.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(Revelation 22:15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

(John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Animals are not and cannot be "Born Again" or Believe [John 7:28-39]

BESIDES, I like "Mash Potatoes and Gravy with my Manattee!" -and- "I would trade Flipper for a Good Tuna Sandwhich!"

Thanks, Roger459

Wait one second here....He was not referring to the animal dogs, but to men who are dogs.

Besides...I recently found a site who gave some biblical proof that animals can go to Heaven.

I am not expert on this subject... but what the Lord says to men, and what the Lord says about His Spirit of life in all creatures are different things.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/w/w_lasalle/

"The Bible teaches that "all flesh shall see the salvation of God" (Lk.3:6) and that "all the living things in creation - everything that lives in the air, and on the ground, and under the ground, and in the sea" will praise Yahweh and the Lamb" (Rev.5:13). God's care and love extends to even the humble sparrow (Lk.12:6) and He has promised that He will restore all living things (Ac.3:21; Eph.1:10). Death as a whole will be annulled or abolished (1 Cor.15:25-26; 2 Tim.1:10) and the whole creation will be renewed (Rev.21:4-5). The resurrection will affect all celestial (heavenly) creatures and all terrestrial (earthly) ones (1 Cor.15:35-42). There will be a world-wide restoration of all life in its perfect frame - the curse pronounced by God after the Fall will be reversed - parasites will no longer live a parasitical lifestyle, carnivorous animals will become vegetarians, and all will be at peace.

ROMANS 8:19-21 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
(KJV).

LUKE 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'" (NKJ)

ACTS 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (KJV)

REV. 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (KJV)

REV. 21:5 And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (KJV

ECCLESIASTES 3:18 I said in my heart, "Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals”. (NKJ)

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-20 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return. (NIV)

ROMANS 8:19-21 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
(KJV).

LUKE 3:6 teaches that and all flesh shall see the salvation of God. (KJV)

PSALM 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike, O LORD. (NRS)

PSALM 104:29 Thou hidest Thy face -- they are troubled, Thou gatherest their spirit -- they expire, and unto their dust they turn back. (YLT)

GENESIS 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so. (DBY)

"The Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered"

Your Holy Spirit
Fragment 9 Column 2 Fragment 10 Column 1 (1) He (God) opened His Mercies...all the needs of His storehouse, and gave sustenance (2) to every living thing. There is none...{If he} closes his hand, and the Spi{rit of all} (3) flesh is withdrawn,
God gives life to every living thing/spirit but when He chooses, He takes their spirit back, withdraws it.

Fragment 9 Column 2 Fragment 10 referring to the spirit of all flesh reads much like Psalms 104 25-32 There before me lies the might ocean, teeming with life of every kind, both great and small. And look! See the ships! And over there, the whale you made to play in the sea. Every one of these depends on you to give them daily food. You supply it, and they gather it. You open wide your hand to feed them and they are satisfied with all your bountiful provision. But if you turn away from them, then all is lost. And when you gather up their breath, (spirit) they die and turn again to dust. Then you send your Spirit, and new life is born to replenish all the living of the earth. Praise God forever! How he must rejoice in all his work! The earth trembles at his glance; the mountains burst into flame at his touch. (Psalms 104:25-32 TLB) When God gathers up or takes back their spirits their flesh returns to dust.

And all flesh perished that moved upon the earth, both fowl, and cattle, and beast, and every swarming thing that swarmeth upon the earth, and every man; all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, whatsoever was in the dry land, died. (Genesis 7:21-22 Holy Scriptures)

And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation (Numbers 16:22 KJV) These are three of the scriptures mentioned in various books of the Bible referring to the spirit of the animals.

Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath (spirit) of all mankind. (Job 12:9-10 KJV)

Again, I am no expert, but I cannot say He will NOT take them back to Him either....ONLY thing is....animals are sinless. Whereas man has the sin.

Upvote 0

ThreeAM

Dec 21, 2005
✟9,667.00
Faith
SDA

God wants us to be happy. The Bible says ask and ye shall recieve.. I think having an beloved pet with you is a reasonable request don't you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mikecpking

Aug 29, 2005
Telford,Shropshire,England
Visit site
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
John says that anyone who is a loving person knows God, and that includes pets. Only someone going to Heaven can know God. Feral animals do not know love, so they do not know God because they don't really have souls. Only the soul knows love. Soulless entities are incapable of understanding love or God.

Hi Mike,
The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" and in Genesis 2:19, animals are called 'souls'. Souls are not what we or animals have, but what we are (Gen 2:7). What makes us distinct from the animal kingdom is 'ruah' or spirit which is our personhood which is influenced by God. In this, man has a 'special relationship' under God's influence.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
God wants us to be happy. The Bible says ask and ye shall recieve.. I think having an beloved pet with you is a reasonable request don't you?

Ouch....

When you are in heaven ,you will have Christ with you, face to face, you in Him and He in you (John 14:20)

Which other 'request' do you have?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.