Animal sacrifices and Feast days and the Sabbath re-instituted in the Millennium pe

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
And this is a good example of the way in which Dispensationalism denies the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

That's a very heavy charge. I hope you have something just as heavy to back that up when you give an account for it other than "I didn't take your scriptures literally".

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And this is a good example of the way in which Dispensationalism denies the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

Will Animal Sacrificing be Reinstated during the Millennium ?

Many believe that they will be. The atonement that Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross is both acceptable in the eyes of God and eternal for forgiveness and salvation. This means that the animal sacrifices themselves will not provide salvation to those who offer them. This should come as no surprise since that's what the Old Testament and the New Testament teach.

Consider these verses:

"What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams, And the fat of fed cattle. And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs, or goats (Isaiah 1:11).

For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins (Hebrews 10:4).

The blood of Christ is the reality that the blood of animals symbolized. Consider the following passage found in Hebrews 9:13-14.

For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Hebrews 9:13-14).

What then will be the purpose of the animal sacrifices during the Millennial kingdom?

One suggestion is that the animal sacrifices may be like a memorial (similar to the bread and wine at communion time). However they are used, it will be in a God honoring way (Psalm 51:15-19 and Heb. 11:4).(1)

A Different Sacrificial System:
The millennial system of sacrifices described by Ezekiel differs profoundly from the Aaronic system. It is not simply a reinstitution of Mosaic Judaism. Dwight Pentecost points out (2) that there will be no ark of the covenant, tables of the law, cherubim, mercy seat, veil, golden lampstand, or table of showbread (pentecost, pp.520-24). Instead of a high priest, a prince who has some royal or priestly powers will be on duty, but he will actually be neither king nor high priest. The levite's will have fewer Temple privileges, except for the sons of Zadok, who will serve as priests. The feast of Pentecost is omitted, as well as the Great Day of Atonement and the daily evening sacrifice.(1)

Miscellaneous:

We won't know for sure what, if any, kind of memorial sacrificial system will be in place during the Millennial Kingdom until we get there. We do know that there will be a sacrificial system in place just before the second coming of the Messiah during the first half of the Tribulation Period. This will be approximately 3 and a half years before the Millennial Kingdom begins. We know this because the Anti-christ will put a stop to it. For more on this please read End To Sacrifice from the Daniel 9 prophecy.

The present-day re-established San Hedrin Court has purchased a herd of sheep for ritual sacrifice at the site of the Temple on the eve of Passover, when conditions on the Temple Mount permit. A member of the Sanhedrin, Professor Hillel Weiss, said in an interview that the symbolic Passover sacrifice is intended to remind Jews that the Temple rituals will resume when the Messiah comes.(3)

In Judaism, animal sacrifices are linked with the rebuilding of the temple. The rebuilt temple must be in place in order for the sacrifices to begin.

The presence and purpose of millennial sacrifices neither diminish the finished work of Christ, nor violates the literal interpretation of the prophetic passages found in Ezekiel 40-48. The millennial temple and its ritual will serve as a daily reminder of fallen man's need before a holy God and lessons about how this same God lovingly works to remove the obstacle of human sin for those who trust Him.(4)

Read more about Living In The End Times and about our Messiah

Acknowledgments:
1). John Whitcomb writing for The Popular Encyclopedia of Bible Prophecy by Tim Lahaye:
2). Things to Come by Dwight J. Pentecost:
3). Haaretz-Israel News 2-28-2007.
4). Midnight Call Magazine. (Dr. Thomas Ice) September 2007 p.29.

For the complete article go here: http://www.jewishroots.net/library/end-times/millennial-kingdom.html

Quasar92

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
That's a very heavy charge. I hope you have something just as heavy to back that up when you give an account for it other than "I didn't take your scriptures literally".

I would rather die than sacrifice any living thing in a religious rite. It is an effective denial of the one and ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Animal sacrifices are sacrileges against Christ.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I would rather die than sacrifice any living thing in a religious rite. It is an effective denial of the one and ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Animal sacrifices are sacrileges against Christ.

Well, it's actually not. That's only what you've built it up to be in your own head.

I do understand how one can be opposed to what is written in the scriptures concerning sacrifices in the millennial temple when such an imagination has been constructed forbidding it. However, there comes a point where one has to decide if they agree with the revelation of God as defined in scriptures, or the revelation of god as defined by imagination.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, it's actually not.

An assertion without evidence to back it up, aside from a spurious interpretation of the Bible. God is not the author of confusion, why would he be pleased by animal sacrifices? We already have a memorial of the weight of human sin, it's called the Liturgy.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
An assertion without evidence to back it up, aside from a spurious interpretation of the Bible. God is not the author of confusion, why would he be pleased by animal sacrifices? We already have a memorial of the weight of human sin, it's called the Liturgy.

The problem is that people come at this subject with the assumption that the sacrifices are somehow in place of what Jesus did, which is nowhere in the text. It is assumed, so don't talk to me about an assertion without evidence. I'm not the one making that mistake.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The problem is that people come at this subject with the assumption that the sacrifices are somehow in place of what Jesus did, which is nowhere in the text. It is assumed, so don't talk to me about an assertion without evidence. I'm not the one making that mistake.

The entire system of sacrifice served to point to Christ. Christians celebrate the substance, not the shadow.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The entire system of sacrifice served to point to Christ. Christians celebrate the substance, not the shadow.

-CryptoLutheran

Yup, we do. And yet a form of sacrifice will be reinstituted in the millennial temple. So, if Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for us, and it was, then these sacrifices have a different purpose. If God wants to reintroduce the "shadow", doesn't He have that right?

It's extremely irresponsible for anyone to write it off as figurative, or just to proclaim the scriptures as being inaccurate, just because what it says doesn't fit into their mental molding. They then become the judge over the validity of scripture itself.

In your case, you used your faulty reasoning on the subject to declare a whole group of God's people as deniers of the Gospel. I hope you are ready to defend that accusation before God, because the idea that we think the upcoming temple sacrifices (as described in scriptures) in some way supplement or replace what Christ has done is false.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well, living things are killed every day for more mundane purposes, like grilling steaks.

As for the denial of Christ's sacrifice: this is only true if the sacrifice of animals actually got your sins blotted out in the heavenly ledger. They did not do that. It was not their purpose. Animal sacrifices were ordained by God to make it possible to enter the PHYSICAL presence of God on earth in the Temple/Tabernacle. In fact the Hebrew word for sacrifice offerings comes from the root that means to 'draw near.'

Numbers 8:19 From among all the Israelites, I have given the Levites as gifts to Aaron and his sons to do the work at the tent of meeting on behalf of the Israelites and to make atonement for them so that no plague will strike the Israelites when they go near the sanctuary."
We think of atonement as something that covers or takes away sin. How then is it that a structure like the Tabernacle can be atoned for?

Leviticus 16:33 He shall make atonement for the sanctuary, and he shall make atonement for the tent of meeting and for the altar, and he shall make atonement for the priests and for all the people of the assembly.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it's actually not. That's only what you've built it up to be in your own head.

I do understand how one can be opposed to what is written in the scriptures concerning sacrifices in the millennial temple when such an imagination has been constructed forbidding it. However, there comes a point where one has to decide if they agree with the revelation of God as defined in scriptures, or the revelation of god as defined by imagination.

Here is the reason for animal sacrifice in ezekiels temple
Ezekiel 43:27 And when they have completed these days, then from the eighth day onward the priests shall offer on the altar your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, and I will accept you, declares the Lord God.”

However, we know that:
Hebrews 9:26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And

Hebrews 10:1, 4 Hebrews 9:26 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 10:17-18 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

The purpose of the animal sacrifice in Ezekiel is for God to accept man under the context of the old covenant. But now, under Christ, the guarantor of the better covenant, animal sacrifices are not required, nor will the ever be, for Christ is the eternal king and high priest after the order of melchizidek

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
The purpose of the animal sacrifice in Ezekiel is for God to accept man under the context of the old covenant. But now, under Christ, the guarantor of the better covenant, animal sacrifices are not required, nor will the ever be, for Christ is the eternal king and high priest after the order of melchizidek

IMO, animal sacrifices only pertained to coming into the presence of God in his earthly temple in Jerusalem. In virtually all ancient civilizations, one did not come into the temple of the gods without some form of gift or sacrifice. It was taboo.

The word for 'sacrifices' in the Hebrew is 'korbanot.' The singular means 'to draw near.'

Our standing in the heavenly temple is based on the righteousness of Christ and in his sacrifice on our behalf.

These two systems are not mutually exclusive because they each has a different venue. Both could be in effect as the same time, and in fact they were from Jesus death until the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, living things are killed every day for more mundane purposes, like grilling steaks.

As for the denial of Christ's sacrifice: this is only true if the sacrifice of animals actually got your sins blotted out in the heavenly ledger. They did not do that. It was not their purpose. Animal sacrifices were ordained by God to make it possible to enter the PHYSICAL presence of God on earth in the Temple/Tabernacle. In fact the Hebrew word for sacrifice offerings comes from the root that means to 'draw near.'

Numbers 8:19 From among all the Israelites, I have given the Levites as gifts to Aaron and his sons to do the work at the tent of meeting on behalf of the Israelites and to make atonement for them so that no plague will strike the Israelites when they go near the sanctuary."
We think of atonement as something that covers or takes away sin. How then is it that a structure like the Tabernacle can be atoned for?

Leviticus 16:33 He shall make atonement for the sanctuary, and he shall make atonement for the tent of meeting and for the altar, and he shall make atonement for the priests and for all the people of the assembly.​

May I suggest you review post #23.

Quasar92

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO, animal sacrifices only pertained to coming into the presence of God in his earthly temple in Jerusalem. In virtually all ancient civilizations, one did not come into the temple of the gods without some form of gift or sacrifice. It was taboo.

I agree . But again, animal sacrifices were part of the law in the context of the old covenant. The old covenant gifts, sacrifices, religious festivals, Sabbaths, etc... were just a shadow of the heavenly things to come (Colossians 2:16-17, Hebrews 8:5). These sacrifices and gifts were just illustrations and foreshadows of what was to come, for blood of bulls and goats does not actually take away sin. If they did, there would be no need for a new covenant. They were only required until the time of the new covenant (Hebrews 9:10)

Our standing in the heavenly temple is based on the righteousness of Christ and in his sacrifice on our behalf.

I absolutely agree, but it is not just heaven. God dwells in the holy temple, that was built by Christ, on earth now (Ephesians 2:21-22). The cross opened the curtain that separated us from the most holy place and now we are able to draw near to our God (Hebrews 10:14-18).

According to Ephesians 3:6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. Why would their need to be animal sacrifices in the future, if "it is finished".

These two systems are not mutually exclusive because they each has a different venue. Both could be in effect as the same time, and in fact they were from Jesus death until the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD.

You are correct, both the old and new covenant existed together for a period of 40 years. The author of Hebrews even admits that they are side by side for little while: By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear. And it did disappear, and there is no need for it ever again because of Christ. The new covenant is far superior to old, so why would God reinstate another covenant like the old?

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 66:23 "And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the LORD. Isa. 66:23 teaches that we will keep the Sabbath, it also teaches we will keep the New Moon festival! This is on earth in the Millennium period- not in heaven."

Hi Dr ice, how do you reconcile this what what Paul says in
Colossians 2:16-17, 20 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Dr ice, how do you reconcile this what what Paul says in
Colossians 2:16-17, 20 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—

The restored sacrificial system is not for the purpose Christ died for at all, but to teach those who do not know or understand what the seven feasts and festivals were for, fulfilled by Jesus in them all.

Qusar02

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The restored sacrificial system is not for the purpose Christ died for at all, but to teach those who do not know or understand what the seven feasts and festivals were for, fulfilled by Jesus in them all.

Qusar02
Thank you for the response. So you are saying that jesus fulfilled the sacrifices, feasts, and festicals, but they will be reinstated in the future to teach people about Jesus?

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the response. So you are saying that jesus fulfilled the sacrifices, feasts, and festicals, but they will be reinstated in the future to teach people about Jesus?

It will be for the purpose of revealing that they all stood for something Jesus fulfilled.

Quasar92

Upvote 0