Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I love all animal, huge animal lover. I feed the stray cats outside my building almost every night. We can't have pets other than our fishes because our apartment is too small but my mom has a German Sheppard which I love dearly

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's the alternative of course of going fishing for instance, and killing fish to eat them.

That's what Jesus did.

Was He unjust and/or did He sin by doing either?

Certainly the Lord Jesus did not, nor was capable of sin ---being GOD manifest in the flesh as "Son of man" and "Son of God" at the same time. We need to reject any such rationale as Jesus maybe sinned ---right?
We all know that God provides certain animals and things for our sustenance ---they don't have a soul and spirit as man, the Word shows; and we also see in Scripture that we are to care for all creation (as told to Adam). I think the world looks at things much differently than the "born again" believers.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently went on a trip to the Balkans and I got so sad seeing so many stray dogs in the towns there. People leave them and the countries are poor so they don't have animal shelters to take care of them. Some people feed them and even take them in during the winter but it's still very sad seeing so many of them on the steets.

Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord has blessed me with the resources to have 18 pets. The Lord has done a mighty work in me through them.

1 cat
2 miniature dachshunds
11 Chickens
3 Horses - The one in my picture is named Doodlebug
and a Jerusalem donkey named Joe Biden

Oh the stories I could tell. The Lord used horses to heal my PTSD and my seared conscience.

Attachments

• 20170729_193758.jpg
    20170729_193758.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love all animals that are not bound to kill me, for they are made by God and He enjoys all of His creation (thankfully all mankind). It is interesting to me that some animals make a contribution to man (probably most of them in some manner), and some actually serve man such as horses, oxen, dogs, etc. who like man. Others are predators or otherwise afraid of man. I don't like people to abuse animals of any kind, for they are just being natural and not bad, as people are at times ---often their mean spirit is because they are afraid.

My wife and I have had cats and dogs over the years, and my favorite was German Shepherds, and we had four of them over the years. Well, I don't know how much I can contribute here, but I would like to hear from ones who have some interesting interaction with animals.
- 1watchman

I dislike when some thing is on the news about an animal attacking a human, because in a good number of those cases the human was at fault.
Why? Because, nobody can fault anything in this world for trying to protect themselves if they get scared. If most things including animals or humans get cornered in this World, they are going to fill threatened, and if they feel that they will lash out.

I use to volunteer part-time, at a no-kill animal shelter for a little over ten months. I'd visit with the kitties, and pet them, and take the dogs on walk and feed them, and do some dishes. It was very rewarding I found!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is nice to hear that you volunteered at a animal shelter. It is a needed service, and it can also give one some experience in working with animals; and to also show a prospective employer that they are a caring person and can work with animals. Maybe it would open a job for one on a farm and other kind of care facilities????

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
Such a nice group, I’m signing up
I’ve had 4 dogs 3 cats a hedgehog
We also have an African grey parrot!
Our dog Spiro who’s 10 was diagnosed last week with cancer!
So right now life is a one day at a time with him!
All our dogs have been rescues! adopt don’t shop! And don’t forget to have your pet spayed or neutered it will help save the lives of many dogs waiting to be euthanized everyday!
be a part of the solution ❤️

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Through the years I've had a Great Dane, a St. Bernard, a Norwegian Elkhound, and several of the Heinze 57 variety. Also about 5 cats. I raised 4 newborn kittens whose mom had died. I'd gladly do it again. I tried a couple of Love birds---ended real quick, they made so much noise they drove me nuts, and it wasn't a pleasant noise! I had one cockatiel, I decided me and birds were not made for each other. I just plain love fur. I always tell my friends how to find me in heaven---look for the biggest Bear, Lion, Tiger and Wolf, I'll be right in the middle of them, rolling around in the grass with them.
I've had to face the fact that I will never have another animal. I'm in a wheel chair, in Hospice with very little money. Even a hamster would need a vet once in a while and I have no way to get to one. And I do not want to have a pet outlive me and be homeless. I had to turn in my much loved Bear---he was Malamute/Siberian Husky---beautiful, and gentle as a lamb. I simply could not afford to keep him groomed, in good health, couldn't exercise him and I was alone after my husband died and had no one else to help me with him. Couldn't even take him to the vet, have no car. Broke my heart to giver him up, but had to for his sake. He was taken in by a wonderful woman who dotes on him, and spoils him worse than I did and he has everything he wants, including another dog to play with. He has never looked more beautiful, she keeps him very well groomed---and is kind enough to send me updates with pictures of him. He got everything I prayed for, and then some---God even takes care of our pets. I miss the fur---so a friend brings her black Lab around every once in a while so I get my hands on some fur for my fur fix!

• Winner
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,
Such a nice group, I’m signing up
I’ve had 4 dogs 3 cats a hedgehog
We also have an African grey parrot!
Our dog Spiro who’s 10 was diagnosed last week with cancer!
So right now life is a one day at a time with him!
All our dogs have been rescues! adopt don’t shop! And don’t forget to have your pet spayed or neutered it will help save the lives of many dogs waiting to be euthanized everyday!
be a part of the solution ❤️

sorry for Spiro. I hope things work out for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Through the years I've had a Great Dane, a St. Bernard, a Norwegian Elkhound, and several of the Heinze 57 variety. Also about 5 cats. I raised 4 newborn kittens whose mom had died. I'd gladly do it again. I tried a couple of Love birds---ended real quick, they made so much noise they drove me nuts, and it wasn't a pleasant noise! I had one cockatiel, I decided me and birds were not made for each other. I just plain love fur. I always tell my friends how to find me in heaven---look for the biggest Bear, Lion, Tiger and Wolf, I'll be right in the middle of them, rolling around in the grass with them.
I've had to face the fact that I will never have another animal. I'm in a wheel chair, in Hospice with very little money. Even a hamster would need a vet once in a while and I have no way to get to one. And I do not want to have a pet outlive me and be homeless. I had to turn in my much loved Bear---he was Malamute/Siberian Husky---beautiful, and gentle as a lamb. I simply could not afford to keep him groomed, in good health, couldn't exercise him and I was alone after my husband died and had no one else to help me with him. Couldn't even take him to the vet, have no car. Broke my heart to giver him up, but had to for his sake. He was taken in by a wonderful woman who dotes on him, and spoils him worse than I did and he has everything he wants, including another dog to play with. He has never looked more beautiful, she keeps him very well groomed---and is kind enough to send me updates with pictures of him. He got everything I prayed for, and then some---God even takes care of our pets. I miss the fur---so a friend brings her black Lab around every once in a while so I get my hands on some fur for my fur fix!

I'll pray for you. Here's an idea maybe?

A short haired cat, that is older in years, that you could adopt?
It would obviously already would need to be fixed, have all of its shots up to date, and be an indoor kitty. Short haired so it wouldn't need constant grooming, or hardly any at all. You could buy some easy toys and things for it like a scratch pad, a ball with a bell in it, and a long plastic stick with something fluffy on the end of it, so you could play with him or her. There are several toys that are pretty cheap, that people can buy for cats.

The sad part is that most middle aged and or older cats most people don't want to adopt, and they prefer the younger ones. The great thing is, if you get an older cat, say 12-15 years old, it would only have a couple of years possibly left. For a lot of those older cats, it's really hard for them to be sold, and unless it's at a no-kill animal shelter, they get put down. So, yes, they'd be much better with you, as a loving caring owner, even if it was only for 6 months to a couple of years, or whatever your situation maybe.

I'm just trying to help. You sound sweet, and there are plenty of older animals out there that need help, and an owner. I was very lonely, before My Mr. Boots came along(he's a mane coon kitty cat). I know how it can be, at least from a lonely aspect, of wanting companion ship, and love, and feeling needed.
I get Mr. Boots Purina Cat Chow Indoor. It comes in a green bag. That's the only thing he likes to eat, which is funny to me(because most cats will eat canned food, and other food, but not him). But I think it helps keep him healthy. The most expensive stuff, I think is the non grain food, but that's a lot more. What I buy I think is not to cheap, but not overly expensive, because you can buy a medium, and big bag for a decent price.

Attachments

• WIN_20180609_15_09_36_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180609_15_09_36_Pro.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 37
  • WIN_20181026_18_50_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181026_18_50_12_Pro.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 35
  • WIN_20180609_15_08_08_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20180609_15_08_08_Pro (2).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'll pray for you. Here's an idea maybe?

A short haired cat, that is older in years, that you could adopt?
It would obviously already would need to be fixed, have all of its shots up to date, and be an indoor kitty. Short haired so it wouldn't need constant grooming, or hardly any at all. You could buy some easy toys and things for it like a scratch pad, a ball with a bell in it, and a long plastic stick with something fluffy on the end of it, so you could play with him or her. There are several toys that are pretty cheap, that people can buy for cats.

The sad part is that most middle aged and or older cats most people don't want to adopt, and they prefer the younger ones. The great thing is, if you get an older cat, say 12-15 years old, it would only have a couple of years possibly left. For a lot of those older cats, it's really hard for them to be sold, and unless it's at a no-kill animal shelter, they get put down. So, yes, they'd be much better with you, as a loving caring owner, even if it was only for 6 months to a couple of years, or whatever your situation maybe.

I'm just trying to help. You sound sweet, and there are plenty of older animals out there that need help, and an owner. I was very lonely, before My Mr. Boots came along(he's a mane coon kitty cat). I know how it can be, at least from a lonely aspect, of wanting companion ship, and love, and feeling needed.
I get Mr. Boots Purina Cat Chow Indoor. It comes in a green bag. That's the only thing he likes to eat, which is funny to me(because most cats will eat canned food, and other food, but not him). But I think it helps keep him healthy. The most expensive stuff, I think is the non grain food, but that's a lot more. What I buy I think is not to cheap, but not overly expensive, because you can buy a medium, and big bag for a decent price.

Oh, I've thought of it. Even of fostering---it's just that no matter what, at some point they must get to the vet. Even the old ones need to get their shots, or medicines---I have no way to get there. Can't expect anyone to just drop everything and come running for me. Things like that never happen at a convenient time. Even fostering requires a vet, even more often if they are sick. I thought of calling the shelter and seeing if they offer anything and if there is any way that someone there could come to get the pet to the vet. But then, as I said---I am in hospice with several medical problems and could go at any time. I hate the thought of leaving an already traumatized pet alone to have to get yet another home. It's best for them to not bring one into my home. All I can offer is love--but maybe only for a short time. Right now, about the only thing I can do is try and find an old, cheap fur coat on line to take care of my fur fix!!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I've thought of it. Even of fostering---it's just that no matter what, at some point they must get to the vet. Even the old ones need to get their shots, or medicines---I have no way to get there. Can't expect anyone to just drop everything and come running for me. Things like that never happen at a convenient time. Even fostering requires a vet, even more often if they are sick. I thought of calling the shelter and seeing if they offer anything and if there is any way that someone there could come to get the pet to the vet. But then, as I said---I am in hospice with several medical problems and could go at any time. I hate the thought of leaving an already traumatized pet alone to have to get yet another home. It's best for them to not bring one into my home. All I can offer is love--but maybe only for a short time. Right now, about the only thing I can do is try and find an old, cheap fur coat on line to take care of my fur fix!!

Temp things would be fine then. There are dogs at least, that go to hospitals. Are you in a hospital or at home? I would still believe, or may think, that there are people with healing pets, or I can't think of them right now, but they go to hospitals, and things like that to comfort dying people. Maybe, Therapy animals? they visit, with their owners, but you wouldn't have to take care of them. and u wouldn't own them.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Temp things would be fine then. There are dogs at least, that go to hospitals. Are you in a hospital or at home? I would still believe, or may think, that there are people with healing pets, or I can't think of them right now, but they go to hospitals, and things like that to comfort dying people. Maybe, Therapy animals? they visit, with their owners, but you wouldn't have to take care of them. and u wouldn't own them.

I'm at home. And do have my friend who brings her black Lab with her once in a while to visit me. He and my Bear were best buddies and she'd bring him over so they could play together. He still runs around first thing trying to look for him. They never forget a friend. I must content myself with what I can get. I know the day will come when I will be with the most wonderful boatload of the tamest animals ever! Of course, being with Jesus is the most important thing, but 2nd on the list is to jump into a pride of lions! I will be elbow deep in fur one day soon!

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm at home. And do have my friend who brings her black Lab with her once in a while to visit me. He and my Bear were best buddies and she'd bring him over so they could play together. He still runs around first thing trying to look for him. They never forget a friend. I must content myself with what I can get. I know the day will come when I will be with the most wonderful boatload of the tamest animals ever! Of course, being with Jesus is the most important thing, but 2nd on the list is to jump into a pride of lions! I will be elbow deep in fur one day soon!

"He and my Bear were best buddies and she'd bring him over so they could play together. He still runs around first thing trying to look for him. They never forget a friend."
That is soooooooooooooooooooo cute!

"I must content myself with what I can get."
Something is better than nothing.

"I know the day will come when I will be with the most wonderful boatload of the tamest animals ever! Of course, being with Jesus is the most important thing, but 2nd on the list is to jump into a pride of lions! I will be elbow deep in fur one day soon!"
Thank you for making me laugh, in a good way. I feel thee exact same way, in a very close aspect of what you're saying. Jumping into a pride of lions, or a pack of wolves, and them being tame, so they can wrestle with me like a papa some day!!!!

As much as we both love animals, being with Jesus, is far better than anything in general!

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sorry for Spiro. I hope things work out for him.
Thank you for your kind thoughts for Spiro, it’s nothing that can work out, We are making him as comfortable until we know for certain he can no longer carry on, but then those times are so hard to determine

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have read your other posts about Bear and I'm so happy you found him not only a lovely home but that you get updates as I know he was so precious to you.
I really think it would be worth checking with a shelter as to what they could help you with. I know here where I live (Australia) we have a nearby animal shelter that has many different programs including one that pairs dogs and cats with people who are in your position and take them for any medical attention and will always take the pet back if you are too I'll or they outlive you.
There must be something like that available too, could a friend enquire for you?
I have health problems and are alone so I know just how much it does for me with my dogs and cat.
I take my two dogs Amy and Tansy ( Shetland Sheepdogs sisters) into a nursing home weekly (we just got back !) we were going in visiting a neighbour who since passed, but now we visit everyone in there.

Just the touch of that fur is so comforting and I started doing this because I thought if I was in that position, what would I like? It helps us all, me included.
At the moment they are exhausted and sound asleep, you would think they had spent the day rounding up sheep!

I really hope you will be able to find a way to have the companionship of a pet, a cat would probably be ideal. I will pray for you dear one.
God bless you always.:heart:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have read your other posts about Bear and I'm so happy you found him not only a lovely home but that you get updates as I know he was so precious to you.
I really think it would be worth checking with a shelter as to what they could help you with. I know here where I live (Australia) we have a nearby animal shelter that has many different programs including one that pairs dogs and cats with people who are in your position and take them for any medical attention and will always take the pet back if you are too I'll or they outlive you.
There must be something like that available too, could a friend enquire for you?
I have health problems and are alone so I know just how much it does for me with my dogs and cat.
I take my two dogs Amy and Tansy ( Shetland Sheepdogs sisters) into a nursing home weekly (we just got back !) we were going in visiting a neighbour who since passed, but now we visit everyone in there.

Just the touch of that fur is so comforting and I started doing this because I thought if I was in that position, what would I like? It helps us all, me included.
At the moment they are exhausted and sound asleep, you would think they had spent the day rounding up sheep!

I really hope you will be able to find a way to have the companionship of a pet, a cat would probably be ideal. I will pray for you dear one.
God bless you always.:heart:

Thank You! I've been thinking of calling the shelter to see if they have something for me, I was th8ink9ng a cat also. Older. But then I remembered my friend who comes by with her black Lab---we've been friends for 30 years---and she is deathly allergic to cats! So now I've been wondering about a rabbit. I love those big French lop eared ones, but beggars can't be choosey!

Upvote 0