Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love all animals that are not bound to kill me, for they are made by God and He enjoys all of His creation (thankfully all mankind). It is interesting to me that some animals make a contribution to man (probably most of them in some manner), and some actually serve man such as horses, oxen, dogs, etc. who like man. Others are predators or otherwise afraid of man. I don't like people to abuse animals of any kind, for they are just being natural and not bad, as people are at times ---often their mean spirit is because they are afraid.

My wife and I have had cats and dogs over the years, and my favorite was German Shepherds, and we had four of them over the years. Well, I don't know how much I can contribute here, but I would like to hear from ones who have some interesting interaction with animals.
- 1watchman

Last edited:

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As to my thought above, I forgot elephants (and probably others) who can be trained --the Indian elephants, if gotten while young, and they serve faithfully if cared for and not abused (never abuse an elephant or else...), for they say they never forget an abuser.

I have never appreciated such dangerous things as rattle snakes and cobras, etc. for though they kill mice and other things, they also kill people. There are snakes that kill small rodents who otherwise would overrun the earth, but do they have to be poisonous to do that? I believe the poisonous snakes and other like (bad) reptiles are the result of the malady of sin that befell mankind, so that is the scourge we have?? Have you thought about this?

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have hermit crabs, fish, two cats, and three dogs currently. I've had birds, horses, a ton of other cats, some insect pets as well. I love all animals even though I'm sad humans have to eat them. It's a strange thing going to a seafood restaurant then coming home to your fish and hermit crabs. God said we could, but it's still sad. When I was vegan I was happiest, but where I live vegan culture is considered crazy. But if you look at Daniel he was vegan and that seemed really interesting to me. It was kind of like, what I imagined, living in the Garden where the fruits and such were what they ate.

Upvote 0

Xeena

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
North America
✟30,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
5 cats here. 2 are the extra large bred Maine Coon. Our yard is too small for dogs. I used to have big dogs. Chows, Shepherds, or Pits. I was raised with cows, chickens, and pigs. (a mini farm) Oh, and at various times tarantulas, an alligator, a skunk, flying squirrel, an amazon parrot, pygmy goat, sheep, guineas, peacocks, rabbits... always something. :D

*I keep editing when I remember another lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually Daniel would not eat meat sacrificed to idols, where he was at that time.

We have, 1 German Shepherd (in avatar), 1 Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix (rescue), 1 turtle, 1 Rock Pigeon(rescue), 6 Guineas, 14 chickens for eggs, 3 Nigerian dwarf goats for milk (not bred yet), 2 cats, and in a month 100 broiler chicks to raise for the freezer.

Upvote 0

Xeena

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
North America
✟30,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As to my thought above, I forgot elephants (and probably others) who can be trained --the Indian elephants, if gotten while young, and they serve faithfully if cared for and not abused (never abuse an elephant or else...), for they say they never forget an abuser.

I have never appreciated such dangerous things as rattle snakes and cobras, etc. for though they kill mice and other things, they also kill people. There are snakes that kill small rodents who otherwise would overrun the earth, but do they have to be poisonous to do that? I believe the poisonous snakes and other like (bad) reptiles are the result of the malady of sin that befell mankind, so that is the scourge we have?? Have you thought about this?

Sorry, I skipped right past this and started naming my pets.
I had a snake friend that I never saw. He was in the grass along a sidewalk that lead to a bridge in my huge back yard. He would slither along as I walked the sidewalk. One day my brother caught him in a jar. I was kind of sad, I don't know what happened after that. My brother is 11 yrs older than I.

My alligator was a Caiman. He was not easy to interact with, but I had hopes for him. Unfortunately we had an unusually bad winter.

Geese are mean. Just mean. As a kid they were mean, then at work where they kept a flock on a cooling pond they would run at you in the parking lot. Idk what is up with those guys.

Roosters are mean. I was 4 or so and would get the eggs from the chickens
randomly. Someone came along behind me to get the rest. But one day the rooster decided he hated me and attacked. He was dispatched.

Pigs can get really mean too if you don't stay super friendly with them. Mine was fine, but my grandmother just fed hers and they were terrifying.

I've only known one person (I have a huge family) to be bitten by a snake. It was a copperhead and he was holding it at the time. He fancied himself an outdoorsman. lol He is :D He runs a rather large state park now.

Oh and rabbits, I've had several rabbits. But we rescued a rabbit that was supposed to be house trained. Apparently he hated children. He did nothing by hiss at my kids. Scarier than any cat I've ever seen. Their teeth are worse too. Have you seen what they do to carrots? ;)

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My cat is a little predator, and likes to bring her kills into the house as a present for us ---NO, NO! She prefers outdoors, but loves to be in at night during Fall to Spring. Some cats are so human oriented they don't really enjoy being outdoors. I guess animals are somewhat like the human species???

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am kind of jealous of makeajoyfulnoise, because he has pet crabs and I have always wanted a Purple Shore Crab as pet.

I know, I know, envy is a sin, I will try to work on that...

We currently have a cat and a dog. My cat can be unpredictable, sometimes he catches us by surprise, but we still love him anyway. This is kind of gross, but after he poops in the litter box he always has an energy spurt so he runs everywhere all over the house. I don't know why he lies around and sleeps all day like he has no energy and then when he poops he suddenly acts like he is on fire and he needs to run everywhere. Is he constipated? Its a mystery to me.

Yes, I love animals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cats sleep more than they are awake, like the jungle big cats of their species --the leopards, panthers, tigers (not as lions). Domestic cats seem to sleep about 16 hours and awake about 8 hours, I am told, and not in succession. They like to catch prey about dawn and in late evening when prey come to watering holes ---our cats have similar patterns. Yes, our cats are little predators, and they enjoy our company, providing we care for them and don't try to boss them. They usually do the opposite of what we want, it seems, or then do it later when we are not looking ---very independent little creatures, I find. Cats love to be comfortable in our laps at times, yet sometimes not??? Go figure!

God has made many different creatures to please Himself in His creation, we are told; and some in the very deep and dark ocean where there are creatures only recently discovered, but God has been enjoying them a long time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll definitely join this club - love animals. Currently have a mean but sweet house cat named Malz and two outdoor cats I inherited, Corn and Kibbles. My mini lop house bunny Kirby sadly died at the end of last year at 7 years of age - still sad about that. My hermit crab passed away this year, Cleveland. I'm not looking to getting more pets because of room or time, but I truly love animals and wish I could have more of them.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i have a cat (seen when she was a kitten in my avatar) and a turtle.

I've had all kinds of pets.

i have an affinity for lizards too...

soooo cute!

lizard.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: Susan May
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, lizards are surprisingly adorable. Frogs too. Living in Florida, I get to see a lot of them scurrying around all year. I especially like Geckos because of their squishy feet and how they waddle - I rarely see them though :(

Gecko.jpg

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the pics on lizards ---interesting animals (even the big ones like Komodian dragons, but don't want to go anywhere near them). In Hawaii there are a lot of the geckos in houses which don't bother anyone, and eat other bugs. God makes all creatures for a purpose, beside His own pleasure.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I live where the forest is on one side of the garden and the garden in the middle and fields on some sides. We have a huge garden as well and the forest is big and we have a lot of wild animals around us, some are rare, flying squirrel for instance, Eagle, hawk, owls, rawen, lynx, 2 wolves, deer, elk, squirrel, small bats, the bear was shot sadly, sometimes we have seen some of them in the garden or outside or traces. But we have two cats and perhaps getting a third.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0