Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
This came to my mind when I was reading trivia on the 2004 Garfield movie and saw that a trainer pushed a real dog out of the chair and then their blue hands were digitally removed and Garfield was replaced. I don't care if it's for a freaking movie!! You don't treat a dog or any animal like that!! It should have been CGI or an anamatronic!!

Another thing is I'm not sure how many of you have seen that Netflix series Tiger King but I can't really explain about it other than the fact that it's completely horrible how these animals are treated and maybe somebody else can explain it better than I can, because you really need to see it for yourself to believe it.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This came to my mind when I was reading trivia on the 2004 Garfield movie and saw that a trainer pushed a real dog out of the chair and then their blue hands were digitally removed and Garfield was replaced. I don't care if it's for a freaking movie!! You don't treat a dog or any animal like that!! It should have been CGI or an anamatronic!!

Another thing is I'm not sure how many of you have seen that Netflix series Tiger King but I can't really explain about it other than the fact that it's completely horrible how these animals are treated and maybe somebody else can explain it better than I can, because you really need to see it for yourself to believe it.

A little bit... but Netflix was running out of ways to make money so ofc they'd make "drama" shows that they think people want to see. Most of their series's are being outdone by amazon and hulu.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5168806331_24948048a7_n.jpg

512zh0XAHSL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged

Alright John that's enough,.. of course I like eating fish so maybe goldfish wouldn't be that much different. I do like the crackers. :D (But in all seriousness you don't need to be so cruel. :( )

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Alright John that's enough,.. of course I like eating fish so maybe goldfish wouldn't be that much different. I do like the crackers. :D (But in all seriousness you don't need to be so cruel. :( )

We all love meat but we don't like thinking about how meat is made. My friend's dad had a hobby farm and I got really attached to one of his cows. He was like my best friend.

Then came the time that he and his dad had to make meat out of it because most of his cows were raised for that purpose. My friend offered me the gun to do the job and I couldn't do it so he shot the cow instead. I had to go down to the butcher shop with like 1,000 pounds of cow in the trunk. I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed the steak dinner a few days afterwards. I love meat just yeah... I don't like where it comes from.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all love meat but we don't like thinking about how meat is made. My friend's dad had a hobby farm and I got really attached to one of his cows. He was like my best friend.

Then came the time that he and his dad had to make meat out of it because most of his cows were raised for that purpose. My friend offered me the gun to do the job and I couldn't do it so he shot the cow instead. I had to go down to the butcher shop with like 1,000 pounds of cow in the trunk. I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed the steak dinner a few days afterwards. I love meat just yeah... I don't like where it comes from.

I've been playing with the notion of a hobby farm as well. Having a pair of pigs to help reduce the amount of composting and fire pits that can grow up to become bacon, sausage, hams, chops, and barbeque wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Names would have to be "Porkchop" and "Bacon" or something like that. Usually you buy pigs in pairs because they don't do as well when alone.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've been playing with the notion of a hobby farm as well. Having a pair of pigs to help reduce the amount of composting and fire pits that can grow up to become bacon, sausage, hams, chops, and barbeque wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Names would have to be "Porkchop" and "Bacon" or something like that. Usually you buy pigs in pairs because they don't do as well when alone.

It's actually not a bad idea if you can afford the animals. His dad afaik never sold the meat or profited from the animals he bought them a

Thag being said his dad never mistreated them. He bought his animals high quality feed and they were out to pasture most of the time. I dont recall what he fed his cows but it was this expensive feed apparently because once my friend allowed me to feed the cows without his dads permission and he warned me about how expensive the feed was. To quote him he said "the cows will love you but my dad wont it's very expensive stuff. So yeah their cows were treated better than probably most cows in the world. He had pigs too and I think that's mostly what he raised pigs and cows. When my friend and I were in our early 20s or so his dad had to sell the farm because it was getting to be too expensive with all the Hay and cows he had (he had probably 15 cows at a time and maybe 5 pigs but they're expensive per cow) and yeah that premium feed I'm sure it wasnt cheap for his dad to run the farm. Especially when he just used the meat and milk himself and didnt sell anything. One thing to consider. Otherwise it's probably worth it if you take good care of the animals. His meat and milk were fantastic.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's actually not a bad idea if you can afford the animals. His dad afaik never sold the meat or profited from the animals he bought them a

Thag being said his dad never mistreated them. He bought his animals high quality feed and they were out to pasture most of the time. I dont recall what he fed his cows but it was this expensive feed apparently because once my friend allowed me to feed the cows without his dads permission and he warned me about how expensive the feed was. To quote him he said "the cows will love you but my dad wont it's very expensive stuff. So yeah their cows were treated better than probably most cows in the world. He had pigs too and I think that's mostly what he raised pigs and cows. When my friend and I were in our early 20s or so his dad had to sell the farm because it was getting to be too expensive with all the Hay and cows he had (he had probably 15 cows at a time and maybe 5 pigs but they're expensive per cow) and yeah that premium feed I'm sure it wasnt cheap for his dad to run the farm. Especially when he just used the meat and milk himself and didnt sell anything. One thing to consider. Otherwise it's probably worth it if you take good care of the animals. His meat and milk were fantastic.

Oh most definitely.
If you are going to eat these animals or use a farm animal for some product they produce (milk, wool, and etc) you have to take good care of them.
Dairy products are outside of my wheelhouse. Pork and pork products are not. Even at $0.65/lb lean hogs dress out to around $1.80/lb for the meat...not including the other Jax products they produce. (Hide and etc)
And home made sausage, sausages, hams, and bacon can be done easily if you have some Prague powder, spices and a smoker...and they taste incredible. Can't buy that kind of quality. Hogs usually raise up to @260-300 lbs each on the hoof...but not always. Some breeds don't become so large as yearlings (when they are usually the best for butchering)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I wasn't sure if this was going to be on topic at first but I decided that it was since there's a scene where the dog chases a rat (they say it's a mouse but I think it's way too big to be one) and Jeff Daniel's character grabs it by the tail and even though I don't like rats I still think it's rather cruel. :( Anyways that was only a tiny detail in it because this is one of my favorite films that I was wondering if anybody on here ever saw. :D

Love the different versions of this song as well. :D

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is this the scene in question?

Upvote 0