PA
✟25,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here's an article suggesting an Anglican-oriented prayer sequence for a Dominican rosary:

I have an Anglican rosary that looked nice when I ordered it online, but the feel in the hand isn't nearly as nice as my simple corded Dominican rosary with olive wood beads that I custom-ordered in my RC days. I'd like another, but in the Anglican configuration. I doubt the RC nuns who made my rosary would be open to that. Now that I'm reminded of it, I'll buy some similar cord and try making some barrel knots. Once I feel comfortable with it, I'll order the parts and make my own Anglican rosary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The Rosaries became quite faddish in my circles last year. At convention close to half of the clergy were sporting one. I've never related to it in my personal spirituality. My kids picked up some RC rosaries when we visited the local big RCC a few months ago. They think of them as jewelry.

Upvote 0

VincentIII

Jul 14, 2020
PA
✟25,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Rosaries became quite faddish in my circles last year. At convention close to half of the clergy were sporting one. I've never related to it in my personal spirituality. My kids picked up some RC rosaries when we visited the local big RCC a few months ago. They think of them as jewelry.
Interesting. Did you notice whether the rosaries at the convention were Dominican or Anglican?

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Interesting. Did you notice whether the rosaries at the convention were Dominican or Anglican?
A mix of both. More Roman rosaries overall. I'm waiting for someone to suggest we substitute a Rosary or Chaplet for one of the BCP offices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums