• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Angies List, Pain Management article, good info!

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Got this in my email this morning. Good info. The most encouraging thing was in the comments section. A Dr. Christo posted about his radio show, called "Aches and Gains". I will give some links and make some comments below:

The Angies List article "Few gains on chronic pain treatment"
Few gains on chronic pain treatment

Kinda depressing, but at least it tells the truth of things, and maybe it will result in doctors improving the way they treat us. Some of the stats were an eye-opener to me.

Link to Dr. Christo's radio show:
Aches and Gains with Paul J. Christo, MD, MBA - WBAL Radio - Maryland's News, Talk, Sports Station AM1090

It airs on Saturdays, 8:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern Time I think. I am looking forward to listening to the show. Dr. Christo says it is the only radio talk show on chronic pain. The radio station is in Baltimore, and there is a link at the top of their page where you can listen online.

I will post some more comments in another post.

BTW, HI EVERYONE!!! :wave: :hug:

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read at the link I gave for Dr. Christo, it sounds like this doc is a good one. I had given up on PM docs, but this guy is giving me some hope. I wonder if they archive any of his shows? Sat. seems like a long time to wait to listen to him. Here is an excerpt from the radio link about Dr. Christo:

U.S. News & World Report lists him as a Top Doctor and among the top 1% in the nation for pain management, Becker's ASC Review selected him as one of the 70 Best Pain Management Physicians in America, he is listed as a Super Doctor for the Washington, DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia area , he was one of eight national pain experts to be selected as an American Academy of Pain Medicine/Pfizer Visiting Professor, and he was one of six experts from the U.S. and Canada to participate in the Mayday Pain and Society Fellowship Program, focusing on media and policymaking.

Upvote 0