• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anger Towards God

stavros388

Oct 25, 2013
BC
✟14,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could use a little encouragement here. I have had a bunch of health problems for almost 20 years including Type 1 diabetes for the last 8.5. When my levels go high, especially for long periods, I find myself hurling curse words in God's direction. I often feel out of control and angry when my sugar levels go high and when they go low, like I am not myself. I am on meds for depression and anxiety already, but sometimes I feel downright hopeless when things are out of control.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do when I am filled with bitterness and anger towards God because of my mental and physical struggles? I repent. Then I lose control and do it again. I know it's kind of silly, but it's hard not to aim my blame at my Creator. And yet I know it not a good thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello! I understand where you're coming from, as I too suffer from mental anguish and hurl curse words at God. He can take it, and He understands that you don't mean it at all. *hug*

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hello! I understand where you're coming from, as I too suffer from mental anguish and hurl curse words at God. He can take it, and He understands that you don't mean it at all. *hug*
That's good news. I might start aiming my anger at Him too then. :)

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's good news. I might start aiming my anger at Him too then. :)

Thank you for finding my advice useful!

Disclaimer: I don't recommend doing this regularly, but as long as you repent afterwards, it's all good.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for finding my advice useful!

Disclaimer: I don't recommend doing this regularly, but as long as you repent afterwards, it's all good.
I think the better thing to do, is lay your anger in Gods hands. Instead of being mad at him, the blame doesn't rest on him, and the anger is unneeded anyway.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sorry don't wish to hijack, but God then, likes our attention whether it is negative or positive?
I'm saying there's never a time where you're justified in yelling at God.

I'm not God, and neither are you, so it's impossible to say whether he likes it or not.
But I can certainly say I don't think it's a healthy thing to encourage unfounded anger towards God.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying there's never a time where you're justified in yelling at God.

I'm not God, and neither are you, so it's impossible to say whether he likes it or not.
But I can certainly say I don't think it's a healthy thing to encourage unfounded anger towards God.

That is true, but honesty with your feelings is also encouraged too

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I think you're right. We can be real with God. In that way, its a real relationship and not just a master/slave "yes sir, no sir" obedience thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yea, but what I am saying is, is there is no good reason to ever be mad at him.

It's easy to be mad at him, and blame him for things that go bad, but the blame doesn't rest on him.

It's better to help people understand this, rather than encourage their anger, because anger can lead to hate, very easily, and very unwillingly.

It's better to pray to God, and ask him to take your anger away, put your anger in his hands, rather than in his face.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yea, but what I am saying is, is there is no good reason to ever be mad at him.
when you've run out of people to blame including yourself :)

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
when you've run out of people to blame including yourself :)
Yea, that's what I'm sayin, it's easy to blame him, easy to get mad at him, instead of actually trying to remedy your anger.

Anger, in any case, should not be encouraged.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I think anyone who becomes permanently disabled after an accident, is entitled to feel angry at circumstances, which is indirectly God, to my way of thinking.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,088.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I could use a little encouragement here. I have had a bunch of health problems for almost 20 years including Type 1 diabetes for the last 8.5. When my levels go high, especially for long periods, I find myself hurling curse words in God's direction. I often feel out of control and angry when my sugar levels go high and when they go low, like I am not myself. I am on meds for depression and anxiety already, but sometimes I feel downright hopeless when things are out of control.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do when I am filled with bitterness and anger towards God because of my mental and physical struggles? I repent. Then I lose control and do it again. I know it's kind of silly, but it's hard not to aim my blame at my Creator. And yet I know it not a good thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

C.S. Lewis said something like God whispers in our consceince and shouts in our pain. Pain is God megaphone to rouse a deaf world.

But we might say what of those who believe and still go through such struggles and pains? All things works together for good to those that love God. Even if in our pan we see our weakness and cry unto him more, it would have worked a good then in drawing us to God

The whole creation grown are travails until the manifestation of the Sons of God. This corruptible body shall put on incorruption. The sufferings of this life are nothing to be compared to the glory that shall come.

God is good in all he does but our state here sin a fallen word and our flesh has no good thing.

Some might ask why does a woman who is a believer suffer pain in childbirth? if she is a believer why? God had said she would from the beginning.

Pain has hard lessons and teachings that we could never learn if we did not have pain and suffering. Paul said when he is weak then he is strong and that Gods grace was sufficient for him

I know its easy to share scripture and truth this way and hard to be in the midst of pain, I have also felt such pains. But God comforts us in all our trials.

And yes Job teaches us of other things we are not always aware of as well.

In everything give thanks, and praise God no matter what trials come or what sufferings. God is there and he cares deeply.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,088.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think anyone who becomes permanently disabled after an accident, is entitled to feel angry at circumstances, which is indirectly God, to my way of thinking.
Do men every blame the flesh, sin Stan, the fallen world we live in? God made all things good, man sinned. God made a way and that way is only through His Son Jesus Christ. No works of the fallen flesh can save us, no religious forms or rituals, no putting God in our debt. Simply a broken spirit and a humble and contrite heart and crying uno him in humility and weakness. God will not despise such a heart.

It is of the Lords mercies that we are not consumed. His compassions fail not. His love reach out to us even though we deserve nothing.

God whispers in our conscience and shout in out pain, pain is God's Megaphone to rouse a deaf world. I believe C. S Lewis said that.

Some will never fully surrender to God as long as all seems well with them. Their pride and flesh will rage n and not be humbled until calamity and distress and until they are in pain and feel the pain and guilt of conscience over sin towards God. But even then the flesh can rise up and it is a daily struggle.

We must blame ourselves for sin and suffering not God. Death entered the world through one man Adam. But grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Let us never blame God for any evil or sin or corruption in the world, but rather blame ourselves the devil,the flesh and the world.

God did not make us robots and he does not force any to come to hum. But he will break men in mercy and expose their sin and put their face in the dust that there might be hope.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks in advance.

Look at it this way: if you were in perfect health, you may well have no relationship at all with God. You wouldn't be directing any words at Him whatsoever; you could well "grow fat" and forget Him altogether; never even offering so much as a blessing, or, thanks. You may be surprised at how this happens. In the OT the nation of Israel did this all of the time. God would bless them with nothing but good, and they would eventually forget Him all together. Then He would put them into some hardship and then they would remember Him and "cry out"

So, the bright side is that, in your pain, you have a relationship with God, even if it is "crying out" and "offering complaint": but I don't think God minds, He understands, and hurts right along with you in this ride of life. But if I might advise: perhaps He is wanting you to understand the secret "good" hidden inside of the "bad": it's by hardship that we come to rely on Him, and get this relationship emotionally charged. Try to understand the purpose of hardship in strengthening faith, and hope; and that even though it may not be noticed or understood in the immediate present, that God is giving things to you, in the long run, that most people don't have. That the hard times make you stronger, just like the hardship of physical exercise. The more faith you have in hard times, the more strong and real that faith becomes, and, is. Hebrews 12:11. The more difficult your life, the more glorified God becomes in your enduring faith.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
But if I might advise: perhaps He is wanting you to understand the secret "good" hidden inside of the "bad":
Johnny H. in his own modest way, is doing the Lords work here on CF. Thank you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0