• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anger -shall we talk?

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Your insights give me insights about how to get better and so you help others by sharing what works for you!
What you are engaged in doing by meeting with your pastor seems to be so healing for you. I praise G_d for your pastor and for your overcoming your anger and other concerns.
I've been watching you grow and its so awesome to know about!

Completely through the grace of God, I find that I have grown spiritually since February of this year when I became a CF member.

Back in February and March of this year....when I posted on CF, I would rant and complain about my dad.

Now, slowly but surely, the nature of my posts and replies is changing....

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Completely through the grace of God, I find that I have grown spiritually since February of this year when I became a CF member.

Back in February and March of this year....when I posted on CF, I would rant and complain about my dad.

Now, slowly but surely, the nature of my posts and replies is changing....

Yes, it shows! You have been transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,461.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Who here has ever dealt with anger issues?

Still struggling with them?

Finding insights and solutions too?

Good days/bad days?

How are you dealing with your anger?

I'm not one to give advice. I can hold a grudge forever.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not one to give advice. I can hold a grudge forever.

In a good way? An example would be to hold a grudge against an abusive person, so that you keep your boundaries and don't get too close to them. So, its not hate or non-forgiveness, its just putting up an invisible force field of grudge so that you don't get too close to them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: simplySummer
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I used to have. I let in consume me. Became bitter. Became the judge of mankind. In a sense, I wanted to be God.

I still have that annoying "spark", the tendency for it. But I guess I won't let it eat me anymore. At least not the way it was before. If something tragic comes along, it'll surface again. But it won't eat me alive anymore.

• Winner
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to have. I let in consume me. Became bitter. Became the judge of mankind. In a sense, I wanted to be God.

I still have that annoying "spark", the tendency for it. But I guess I won't let it eat me anymore. At least not the way it was before. If something tragic comes along, it'll surface again. But it won't eat me alive anymore.

That is so wonderful Tempura! Its so good to hear about how you've overcome being bitter and angry. It sure is exhausting letting it eat you up inside.

Got any tips on how to do this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That is so wonderful Tempura! Its so good to hear about how you've overcome being bitter and angry. I sure is exhausting letting it eat you up inside.

Got any tips on how to do this?

Not sure. Once I was consumed by my anger enough, I just started to realize that I don't want it. Perhaps I got older too.

Denying it with my reason, not wanting anything to do with it. It only hurt me, never those who I wanted to get hurt instead. And it always wants more, it demands something. It wants us to do something [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ty, to focus on something bad. To want pain for others. It demands vengeance. Vengeance has never given anyone peace. It demands violence and sacrifice but it never gives anything good back. It's a circle of lies and blindness.

I might still feel strong anger, but I won't let it control me. If I feel like it controls me, then I pray and think of Christ and what He wanted us to to instead. To pray for those we hate, even if we don't feel like it. It's a good way to practice. To give that burden to God, and focus on something good in the midst of everything bad. I don't want to carry the burden of constant hate, because it only gets heavier the more I hold on to it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have Major Depressive Disorder, and my therapist told me my severe anger is directed at myself, or in other words, my major depression is anger turned inwards.

She told me that instead of being angry at my abusers, I'm angry at myself and turn that anger on myself in various ways.

Wow, I had not heard of depression being all about anger turned inwards before.

:doh1:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums