• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anger -shall we talk?

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟360,422.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I get angry sometimes. I guess everyone has...Issues. (Darn it that issues song just popped in my heado_O)

Going for a jog. Hot shower. Reading a book. Out for a coffee? Why not make conversation with a stranger.
Those might help.

Yeah. I get those days sometimes.

Reactions: kittypl
Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Latest new learning about myself is that I take the literal punches or the figurative punches of life, and then blame myself and get sad when I feel that I've not tried hard enough to overcome the fallout.

I wasn't tough enough or tried hard enough to overcome

My new therapist noticed that someone can just brutalize me and I don't get mad at them or I don't really express the outrage that needs to be expressed.

I get sad instead and despair

and frustrated AT myself

I'm expecting myself to pick up myself like rocky balboa and keep getting up over and over, bc I never think to blame anyone else except myself

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The biggest issue for me is avoidance

so a goal is to report someone who is a sexual predator

instead of stuffing the horror and the terror, instead of ignoring it

hold the monster accountable

that's a better focus than holding it all inside and killing myself

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟360,422.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You don't need to forget. Feel the anger, disappointment, and the hurt. It's what makes us human. However, you would need to forgive in order to obtain strength. Forgive... those who have hurt you, and yourself.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who here has ever dealt with anger issues?

Still struggling with them?

Finding insights and solutions too?

Good days/bad days?

How are you dealing with your anger?

You know what i found to be the very best way to relief myself of my anger? CURSE SATAN with it! Just pile all your hurts, grievance, sins done or crimes committed against you, all lies down here everything bad life around making you angry on that bloody creep he deserves it for he brought it into being - so the word say pay him back double - that releases energy let me assure you.

For The Truth says that's right give the works of darkness back to the one who brought it to us through lies with hell fire I like doing the same and you will certainly find good life back in Jesus Christ and His cleansing at the end of it.

I got rid of so much stuff doing that unbelievable and i never have to feel raging anger at someone so now only when triggered does it stuff up. But been working on that as well and doing heaps better. So happy about that.

Peace

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't need to forget. Feel the anger, disappointment, and the hurt. It's what makes us human. However, you would need to forgive in order to obtain strength. Forgive... those who have hurt you, and yourself.

I'm working on those very things, girlfriend, and those take time and effort working with my therapist.

She wanted to put me in the hospital this week to save my own life that's how bad my depression is.

Things take time, and I'm working hard on my issues, sweetie.

Its a daily struggle.

(((HUGS)))

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its so easy to forgive everyone and just be numb

Thats my problem, I just let them get away with attempted homicide and rape, including child sexual assault

I've sat on these issues for too long now, and blessedly, am finally finding the correct therapist to deal with these issues.

But you have a great point.

I cannot forgive myself for not being stronger and enough of a fighter

I've spent most of my life helping everyone else as that's my way of trying to be "good" enough, by serving others to my absolute detriment, taking all of the dirty pain onto myself and trying to make restitution to the world.

I have always put myself last and have been a doormat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟304,048.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its so easy to forgive everyone and just be numb

Thats my problem, I just let them get away with attempted homicide and rape, including child sexual assault

I've sat on these issues for too long now, and blessedly, am finally finding the correct therapist to deal with these issues.

But you have a great point.

I cannot forgive myself for not being stronger and enough of a fighter

I've spent most of my life helping everyone else as that's my way of trying to be "good" enough, by serving others to my absolute detriment, taking all of the dirty pain onto myself and trying to make restitution to the world.

I have always put myself last and have been a doormat.
Going numb is the bodies reaction to trauma where stress accumulates all over the body. The more you direct it to different areas of the body the more those areas will suffer. Emotional stress is more draining so sleep relieves much, removing self from the stress as much as possible or just bite off as much as you can chew as it gets dealt with so the body doesn't have more than it can deal with. It would seem the numbness is clearly showing that you have too much. Burn'out never occurs unless you are on fire so be careful with clay bodies.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Coming at this as one who is sometimes on the recieving end of anger issues.
My daughter has learning difficulties and frustration at not understanding or being missunderstood would build up and on returning home this would be triggered by anything.

What helped us was a traffic light code.
Green = normal temper all OK.
Amber, cross and building, need to thing about distancing oneself from situation or people.

Red, too late practically go and chill out, get away.

Learning to recognise the signs that she was going to or was 'Amber' helps avoid anger issuesbuilding as does her ability to recognise the signs herself.

We are not perfect, we all lose it for different reasons and to greater or lessor extents.
The ability to tecognise the signs and to respond positively are what makes our family life far more comfortable.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Who here has ever dealt with anger issues? Still struggling with them? Finding insights and solutions too?
Good days/bad days?

I have dealt with anger issues for the past 24 years (I'm only 37).

I still struggle with anger issues. When I am feeling angry, I now know that I must avoid from social media sites.

I am finding that it is okay to be angry, but I should forgive others and forgive myself before the sun goes down.

I am dealing with my anger by seeing a licensed therapist who was trained as a Christian pastor.

I am also dealing with my anger by taking prescription anti-anxiety medication.

Most importantly, I am dealing with my anger by talking to God.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who here has ever dealt with anger issues?

Still struggling with them?

Finding insights and solutions too?

Good days/bad days?

Yeah i struggle with them sometimes.. Usually old memories that come to the surface.. I try not to dwell on them.. I try to think of God if i remember too that is.. That stops it pretty quickly..

I don't really have bad days as such.. Just intense bursts that last for short periods when all the old memories come back to haunt me.. I really wish God would take them away from me..

• Prayers
Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have dealt with anger issues for the past 24 years (I'm only 37).

I still struggle with anger issues. When I am feeling angry, I now know that I must avoid from social media sites.

I am finding that it is okay to be angry, but I should forgive others and forgive myself before the sun goes down.

I am dealing with my anger by seeing a licensed therapist who was trained as a Christian pastor.

I am also dealing with my anger by taking prescription anti-anxiety medication.

Most importantly, I am dealing with my anger by talking to God.

You have a great deal of insight on your issue here and are very wise to utilize the tools you are using.

Awesome job!

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
You have a great deal of insight on your issue here and are very wise to utilize the tools you are using.
Awesome job!

Thank you for the compliment, my dear sister

• Friendly
Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the compliment, my dear sister

Your insights give me insights about how to get better and so you help others by sharing what works for you!

What you are engaged in doing by meeting with your pastor seems to be so healing for you. I praise G_d for your pastor and for your overcoming your anger and other concerns.

I've been watching you grow and its so awesome to know about!

Upvote 0