Angels/Apostolic Successors, Will Rule with Jesus under Messianic Reign.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 19:11 The King of kings.
The heavens were opened, and as I looked on, a white horse appeared; its rider was called "The Faithful and True." Justice is his standard in passing judgment and in waging war. His eyes blazed like fire, and on his head were many diadems. Inscribed on his person was a name known to no one but himself. He wore a cloak that had been dipped in blood, and his name was the Word of God. The armies of heaven were behind him riding white horses and dressed in fine linen, pure and white. Out of his mouth came a sharp sword for striking down the nations. He will shepherd them with an iron rod; it is he who will tread out in the winepress the blazing wrath of God the Almighty. A name was written on the part of the cloak that covered his thigh: "King of kings and Lord of lords."...

The ‘Sword of Christ’s Mouth’ is Jesus lips proclaiming sinners bound to their sins; There is no other ‘Hurl into Hell’ weapon. Jesus armed His Apostles and their Successors with the Sword of His Mouth. John 20:20 "Peace be with you," he said again. "As the Father has sent me, so I send you." Then he breathed on them and said: "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive men's sins, they are forgiven them; if you hold them bound, they are held bound." Christ’s Apostolic Successors are fully armed and capable of dishing out the Woes of Revelation, while fighting Satan, under the Command of their King of kings, Jesus Christ.

Who better to separate out, the wicked for burning in hell, using Catholic Church Anathema, from the, Elect, absolved of their sins, through the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and selected to enter Christ’s Kingdom Come, on earth, than Catholic Clergy/Combat Angels of the Apocalypse.

Matthew 13:36
The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. Just as weeds are collected and burned (up) with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all who cause others to sin and all evildoers. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears ought to hear."

Matthew 13:47
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net thrown into the sea, which collects fish of every kind. When it is full they haul it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is bad they throw away. Thus it will be at the end of the age. The angels will go out and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.
When Jesus Comes into His Power as King and Ruler of the World, He will Rule with and through His Church, the Catholic Church. Jesus will Rule on earth using 'The Sword of Christ's Mouth', which is His Power to bind and loost sins. Jesus has already armed His Apostles and their Successors with the Sword of His Mouth and the ability to absolve the sins of the repentant. Apostolic Successors are already armed to Rule the world with Jesus, using the 'Keys to the Kingdom.

Jesus is not King and Ruler of the world until His Combat Angels of the Apocalypse/Apostolic Successors put His Laws into enforcement on earth, using the 'Keys to the Kingdom'. At the precise moment the great angel of Revelation reads the small scroll of auto anathemas, putting Christ's Laws into enforcement on earth, Jesus is Crowned as King and Ruler of the world. Jesus will Rule on Earth, with and through His Church, the Catholic Church, using the 'Keys to the Kingdom', and He will smash the unrepentant wicked like an earthen dish.

Psalms 2:8
Ask of me and I will give you the nations for an inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possessions. You shall rule them with an iron rod; you shall shatter them like an earthen dish."

Luke 22:29
He said to them, I confer a kingdom on you, just as my Father has conferred one on me, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Psalms 47:6
God mounts the throne amid shouts of joy; the LORD, amid trumpet blasts. Sing praise to God, sing praise; sing praise to our king, sing praise. God is king over all the earth; sing hymns of praise. God rules over the nations; God sits upon his holy throne. The princes of the peoples assemble with the people of the God of Abraham. For the rulers of the earth belong to God, who is enthroned on high.

Revelation 1:16

A sharp, two-edged sword came out of his mouth, and his face shone like the sun at its brightest. When I caught sight of him I fell down at his feet as though dead, he touched me with his right hand and said: "There is nothing to fear. I am the First and the Last and the One who lives. Once I was dead but not I live-- forever and ever. I hold the keys of death and the nether world."

Isaiah 11:4 The Rule of Immanuel.
He shall strike the ruthless with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked.

JOB 4:9
By the breath of God they perish, and by the blast of his wrath they are consumed.
Jesus' first act as King and Ruler of the earth is to purge the earth of the unrepentant wicked. Once the small scroll is read by the Great Angel of Revelation, we go through the 'Three Days of Darkness' where the 'Wrath of the Lamb' cleanses the earth of the unrepentant wicked. You want to have your Divine Mercy garment on, washed in the blood of the Lamb through the Sacrament of Reconciliation, for this event. After the 'Three Days of Darkness', the Elect come out of their darkened homes, to the Bride's 'Wedding Day of the Lamb' to live with Him, in His Kingdom Come, under Messianic Reign. Jesus will wipe away His Bride's every tear.

Isaiah 13:1
Upon the bare mountains set up a signal; cry out to them, Beckon for them to enter the gates of the nobles. I have commanded my consecrated ones, I have summoned my warriors, eager and bold to carry out my anger. Listen! the rumble on the mountains: that of an immense throng! Listen! the noise of kingdoms, nations assembled! The LORD of hosts is mustering an army for battle. They come from a far-off country, and from the end of the heavens, The LORD and the instruments of his wrath, to destroy all the land. Howl, for the day of the LORD is near; as destruction from the Almighty it comes. Therefore all hands fall helpless, every human heart melts, and they are terrified, Pangs and sorrows take hold of them, like a woman in labor they writhe; They look aghast at each other, their faces aflame. Indeed, the day of the LORD comes, cruel, with wrath and burning anger; To lay waste the land and destroy the sinners within it! The stars of the heavens and their constellations will send forth no light; The sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not give its light. Thus I will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their guilt. I will put an end to the pride of the arrogant, the insolence of tyrants I will humble. I will make mortals more rare than pure gold, human beings, than the gold of Ophir. For this I will make the heavens tremble and the earth shall be shaken from its place, At the wrath of the LORD of hosts on the day of his burning anger.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 2:21
For the upright will dwell in the land, people of integrity will remain in it; But the wicked will be cut off from the land, the faithless will be rooted out of it.

A heads up to my rapture Protestant Brothers and Sisters. Both scripture, and apparitions and locutions from Jesus and the Blessed Mother, of the past few centuries, indicate that it is the wicked who are removed from earth and cast into hell, while the faithful, meek, humble and pure of heart, remain to inherit the earth.

The Blessed Mother has told us through St. Faustina, that Jesus’ Second Coming’ is imminent and soon. Both Jesus and the Blessed Mother have told us that Jesus is not coming as Merciful Savior, but as Just Judge. Jesus has given us His Divine Mercy feast Day, and Divine Mercy Chaplet, along with advising us to go to confession frequently, in order to shield ourselves for His arrival.

JESUS, THE DIVINE MERCY,
by St.Faustina

The devotion to Jesus as the Divine Mercy is based on the writings of Saint Faustina, a Polish nun who wrote a diary of about 600 pages recording the revelations she received about God's mercy.

Jesus looked at me and said, Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy. If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary - Divine Mercy in My Soul, 965)

Write down these words, My daughter. Speak to the world about My mercy; let all mankind recognize My unfathomable mercy. It is a sign for the end times; after it will come the day of justice. (848)

He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice... (1146) Today I heard a voice in my soul: Oh, if sinners knew My mercy, they would not perish in such great numbers. Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy.

... Oh, how miserable are those who do not take advantage of the miracle of God's mercy! You will call out in vain, but it will be too late. (1448)

Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just Hands. (1728)

The Blessed Virgin Mary :

... you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. ... (635)
Through St. Padre Pio, in locution from Jesus, we Catholics are instructed to go into our homes, cover the windows, have Holy Water to spray at any demons who try to enter, and pray throughout the Three Days of Darkness, upon Jesus arrival. On the third day we will come out from our homes and into Messianic Reign.

Only Catholic Priests have the ordained power from Jesus to absolve sins. With Apostolic Successors binding the unrepentant to their sins, at the Battle of Armageddon, the only thing shielding you will be Jesus lips having absolved you of your sins in the Catholic confessional. I invite you to visit a Catholic Church confessional to prepare for the Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 26:20 DAY OF THE Lord: REWARD AND PUNISHMENT
Go, my people, enter your chambers, and close the doors behind you; Hide yourselves for a brief moment, until the wrath is past. See, the LORD goes forth from his place, to punish the wickedness of the earth's inhabitants; The earth will reveal the blood shed upon it, and no longer conceal the slain.

St. Padre Pio FEBRUARY 7, 1950
Take care of the animals during these days. I am the Creator and Preserver of all animals as well as man. I shall give you a Few signs beforehand, at which time you should place more food before them. I will preserve the property of the elect, including the animals, for they shall be in need of sustenance afterwards as well. Let no one go across the yard, even to feed the animals--he who steps outside will perish! Cover your windows carefully. My elect shall not see My wrath. Have confidence in Me, and I will be your protection. Your confidence obliges Me to come to your aid.

The hour of My coming is near! But I will show mercy. A most dreadful punishment will bear witness to the times. My angels, who are to be the executioners of this work, are ready with their pointed swords! They will take special care to annihilate all those who mocked Me and would not believe in My revelations.

Hurricanes of fire will pour forth from the clouds and spread over the entire earth! Storms, bad weather, thunderbolts and earthquakes will cover the earth for two days. An uninterrupted rain of fire will take place! It will begin during a very cold night. All this is to prove that God is the Master of Creation. Those who hope in Me, and believe in my words, have nothing to fear because I will not forsake them, nor those who spread My message. No harm will come to those who are in the state of grace and who seek My mother's protection.

That you may be prepared for these visitations, I will give you the following signs and instructions: The night will be very cold. The wind will roar. After a time, thunderbolts will be heard. Lock all the doors and windows. Talk to no one outside the house. Kneel down before a crucifix, be sorry for your sins, and beg My Mother's protection. Do not look during the earthquake, because the anger of God is holy! Jesus does not want us to behold the anger of God, because God's anger must be contemplated with fear and trembling.

Those who disregard this advice will be killed instantly. The wind will carry with it poisonous gases which will be diffused over the entire earth. Those who suffer and die innocently will be martyrs and they will be with Me in My Kingdom.

Satan will triumph! But after three nights, the earthquake and fire will cease. On the following day the sun will shine again. angels will descend from Heaven and will spread the spirit of peace over the earth. A feeling of immeasurable gratitude will take possession of those who survive this terrible ordeal-the impending punishment-with which God has visited the earth since creation....

...Those who shall fight for My cause shall receive grace from My Divine Heart; and the cry: "WHO IS LIKE UNTO GOD!" shall serve as a means of protection to many. However, many shall burn in the open fields like withered grass! The godless shall be annihilated, so that afterwards the just shall be able to stand afresh.

On the day, as soon as complete darkness has set in, no one shall leave the house or look from out of the window. The darkness shall last a day and a night, followed by another day and a night, and another day--but on the night following, the stars will shine again, and on the next morning the sun shall rise again, and it will be SPRINGTIME!!

In the days of darkness, My elect shall not sleep, as did the disciples in the garden of olives. They, shall pray incessantly, and they shall not be disappointed in Me. I shall gather My elect. Hell will believe itself to be in possession of the entire earth, but I shall reclaim it!

Psalms 37:9

Those who do evil will be cut off, but those who wait for the LORD will inherit the earth. Wait a little, and the wicked will be no more; look for them and they will not be there. But the poor will inherit the earth, will delight in great prosperity. The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; But my Lord laughs at them, because he sees that their day is coming. The wicked unsheath their swords; they string their bows To fell the poor and oppressed, to slaughter those whose way is upright. Their swords will pierce their own hearts; their bows will be broken. Better the meagerness of the righteous one than the plenty of the wicked. The arms of the wicked will be broken, while the LORD will sustain the righteous. The LORD knows the days of the blameless; their heritage lasts forever. They will not be ashamed when times are bad; in days of famine they will be satisfied. The wicked perish, enemies of the LORD; They shall be consumed like fattened lambs; like smoke they disappear. The wicked one borrows but does not repay; the righteous one is generous and gives. For those blessed by the Lord will inherit the earth, but those accursed will be cut off. The valiant one whose steps are guided by the LORD, who will delight in his way, May stumble, but he will never fall, for the LORD holds his hand. Neither in my youth, nor now in old age have I seen the righteous one abandoned and his offspring begging for bread. All day long he is gracious and lends, and his offspring become a blessing. Turn from evil and do good, that you may be settled forever. For the LORD loves justice and does not abandon the faithful. When the unjust are destroyed, and the offspring of the wicked cut off, The righteous will inherit the earth and dwell in it forever.

Matthew 5
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Three Days of Darkness
Once the Angels/Apostles of the Apocalypse read the 'small scroll' Anathemas, Jesus is Crowned as King and Ruler of the world. Jesus is not King until His subjects, Catholic Clergy, put His Laws into enforcement on earth, through reading a small scroll of Catholic Church, worldwide, auto-anathemas. An anathema is Jesus lips binding sinners to their sins, as Jesus swore to His Apostles He would do, when they call upon Him to do so.

Jesus' first act as King, is to purge the world of the unrepentant wicked. This period will be the 'Three Days of Darkness'. On the third day, the sun will return, and this will be the Wedding Day of the Lamb. It is the 'Bride of the Lamb', who is the Catholic Church, who will become, the 'New Jerusalem' aka 'Zion', under Messianic Reign.

Again, I cannot emphasis how important it is to have your sins absolved in the Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation, in preparation for the Coming of Our Lord. Jesus swears to His Apostles that anyone whom they call upon Him to loost of sins, He will do so. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is literally Jesus' lips loosting sinners of their sins. Before the 'small scroll' of auto-anathemas, which is Jesus lips binding sinners to their sins, is read, you want to have all your sins loost, through the Sacrament of Reconciliation, in preparation for this event. The Sacrament of Reconciliation, the loosting of sins by Jesus, through His priests, is the 'Wedding Garment' of the Bride of the Lamb.

Matthew 24:29 The Coming of the Son of Man.
Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Revelation 9:1
Then the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. It was given the key for the passage to the abyss. It opened the passage to the abyss, and smoke came up out of the passage like smoke from a huge furnace. The sun and the air were darkened by the smoke from the passage.

Amos 5:18
Woe to those who yearn for the day of the LORD! What will the day of the LORD mean for you? It will be darkness, not light! As if someone fled from a lion and a bear met him; Or as if on entering the house he rested his hand against the wall, and a snake bit it. Truly, the day of the LORD will be darkness, not light, gloom without any brightness!

Isaiah 13:9
Lo, the day of the LORD comes, cruel, with wrath and burning anger; To lay waste the land and destroy the sinners within it! The stars and constellations of the heavens end forth no light; The sun is dark when it rises, and the light of the moon does not shine. Thus I will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their guilt. I will put an end to the pride of the arrogant, the insolence of tyrants I will humble. I will make mortals more rare than pure gold, men, than gold of Ophir. For this I will make the heavens tremble and the earth shall be shaken from its place, At the wrath of the LORD of hosts on the day of his burning anger.

Blessed Gaspar del Bufalos
"The death of the impenitent persecutors of the Church will take place during the three days of darkness. He who outlives the darkness and the fear of these three days will think that he is alone on earth because the whole world will be covered with carcasses."
Quoted from: Blessed Gaspar del Bufalo - Catholic Prophecy

Joel 3:1
Then afterward I will pour out my spirit upon all mankind. Your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions; Even upon the servants and the handmaids, in those days, I will pour out my spirit. And I will work wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood, fire, and columns of smoke; The sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, At the coming of the Day of the LORD, the great and terrible day. Then everyone shall be rescued who calls on the name of the LORD; For on Mount Zion there shall be a remnant, as the LORD has said, And in Jerusalem survivors whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 4:9
Announce this to the nations: Proclaim a holy war! Alert the warriors! Let all the soldiers report and march! Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning knives into spears; let the weakling boast, 'I am a warrior!' Hurry and come, all you neighboring peoples, assemble there! Bring down, LORD, your warriors! Let the nations rouse themselves and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; For there I will sit in judgment upon all the neighboring nations. Wield the sickle, for the harvest is ripe; Come and tread, for the wine press is full; The vats overflow, for their crimes are numerous. Crowds upon crowds in the Valley of Decision; For near is the day of the LORD in the Valley of Decision. Sun and moon are darkened, and the stars withhold their brightness, The LORD roars from Zion, and from Jerusalem raises his voice, The heavens and the earth quake, but the LORD will be a shelter for his people, a fortress for the people of Israel

A Secure Future for Judah

Then you will know that I the LORD am your God, dwelling on Zion, my holy mountain; Jerusalem will be holy,...
... The LORD dwells in Zion.

Mark 13:24 The Coming of the Son of Man.
But in those days after that tribulation the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see 'the Son of Man coming in the clouds' with great power and glory, and then he will send out the angels and gather [his] elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of the sky.

Isaiah 24:21
On that day the LORD will punish the host of the heavens in the heavens, and the kings of the earth on the earth. They will be gathered together like prisoners into a pit; They will be shut up in a dungeon, and after many days they will be punished. Then the moon will blush and the sun grow pale, For the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, glorious in the sight of his elders.

Sr. Mary of Jesus Crucified
"All states will be shaken by war and civil conflict. During a darkness lasting three days the people given to evil ways will perish so that only one-fourth of mankind will survive."
Quoted from: Sr. Mary of Jesus Crucified - Catholic Prophecy

Isaiah 4:2 JERUSALEM PURIFIED
On that day, The branch of the LORD will be beauty and glory, and the fruit of the land will be honor and splendor for the survivors of Israel. Everyone who remains in Zion, everyone left in Jerusalem Will be called holy: everyone inscribed for life in Jerusalem. When the Lord washes away the filth of the daughters of Zion, And purges Jerusalem's blood from her midst with a blast of judgment, a searing blast,

NAB2 REV 19:6
The Lord has established his reign, (our) God, the almighty. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory. For the wedding day of the Lamb has come, his bride has made herself ready. She was allowed to wear a bright, clean linen garment. (The linen represents the righteous deeds of the holy ones.) Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These words are true; they come from God."

NAB3 REV 21:9 The New Jerusalem
'Come here. I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb. He took me in spirit to a great, high mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. It gleamed with the splendor of God. Its radiance was like that of a precious stone, like jasper, clear as crystal. It had a massive, high wall, with twelve gates where twelve angels were stationed and on which names were inscribed, [the names] of the twelve tribes of the Israelites. There were three gates facing east, three north, three south, and three west. The wall of the city had twelve courses of stones as its foundation, on which were inscribed the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Act 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Those who follow Christ do not allow others to bow down before them.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello BaBarean,
So what are you saying? Are you saying that you believe it was wrong for Jesus to give St. Peter unequaled authority over all His followers? Maybe you think it was unwise for Jesus to hand over to St. Peter and the other eleven Apostles, His Power to bind and loost sins? Maybe you think it is wrong for Jesus to entrust His Kingdom Come to be ruled by today's Apostolic Successors who sit in St. Peter's chair?

You know, actually the President of the United States has unequaled power over all the rest of us US citizens. A leader, with unequaled authority over a country, business, club or group, is not a bad thing. It is actually unequaled authority in one leader which keeps a group united. A group with twelve, or twenty, or ten thousand leaders, all with equal authority cannot stand. Abraham Lincoln quoted Jesus on this, 'A House Divided Cannot stand'. Jesus cannot have His Kingdom Come divided into all kinds of small religious factions.

Really putting one person, in unequaled authority, over all His followers, is wise for Jesus to do. This will unite His Kingdom Come, on earth.

Mattew 16:13 Peter the Rock.

When Jesus came to the neighborhood of Ceasarea Philippi, he asked his disciples this question: "Who do people say that the Son of Man is? They replied, "Some say John the Baptizer, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "And you," he said to them, "who do you say that I am?" "You are the Messiah," Simon Peter answered, "the Son of the living God!" Jesus replied, "Blest are you, Simon son of John! No mere man has revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. I for my part declare to you, you are 'Rock', and on this rock I will build my church, and the jaws of death shall not prevail against it. I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then He strictly ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

He said to them, I confer a kingdom on you, just as my Father has conferred one on me, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Acts 1:6
When they had gathered together they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" He answered them, "It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has established by his own authority. But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." When he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christ’s Apostolic Successors are fully armed and capable of dishing out the Woes of Revelation, while fighting Satan, under the Command of their King of kings, Jesus Christ.
The inquisition part II, Steve?

dishing out the woes of Revelation? Are you aware....

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

When Jesus came to the neighborhood of Ceasarea Philippi, he asked his disciples this question: "Who do people say that the Son of Man is? They replied, "Some say John the Baptizer, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "And you," he said to them, "who do you say that I am?" "You are the Messiah," Simon Peter answered, "the Son of the living God!" Jesus replied, "Blest are you, Simon son of John! No mere man has revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. I for my part declare to you, you are 'Rock', and on this rock I will build my church, and the jaws of death shall not prevail against it. I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then He strictly ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.​

Hello Douggg,
So you have decided that Jesus, putting St. Peter, in unequalled authority over all His followers, and then giving St. Peter, and the other eleven Apostles, His Power to bind and loost sins, was a bad plan on Jesus' part?

What do you think of Jesus' Combat Angels of the Apocalypse, who go out and separate the unrepentant wicked from the Just, being Apostolic Successors, using their Christ's given power to bind and loost sins?

Just recently, past seventy years, the Catholic Church received from Jesus', His Divine Mercy Sunday. Initiated in the year 2000, Divine Mercy Sunday, is the second Sunday of Easter. Jesus Promises that anyone whom receives the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist, on that day, will be perfectly robbed in the Blood of the Lamb. I see this as the angels putting God's seal on the Elect, in the Book of Revelation. Of course the Sacrament of Reconciliation is Angels/Apostles, putting God's seal on His Elect at any day of the year.

Reading a 'small scroll' of auto-anathemas, which is Jesus binding sinners to their sins, will separate out the wicked for burning in hell. Do you say that it is ok for angels to do this but not Apostolic Successors? Or are you saying that not even angels should use Christ's Power to bind sins, that Jesus gave to His Apostles and their Successors?

Matthew 13:36
The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. Just as weeds are collected and burned (up) with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all who cause others to sin and all evildoers. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears ought to hear."

Matthew 13:47
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net thrown into the sea, which collects fish of every kind. When it is full they haul it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is bad they throw away. Thus it will be at the end of the age. The angels will go out and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.

• Informative
Reactions: Douggg
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello BaBarean,
So what are you saying? Are you saying that you believe it was wrong for Jesus to give St. Peter unequaled authority over all His followers? Maybe you think it was unwise for Jesus to hand over to St. Peter and the other eleven Apostles, His Power to bind and loost sins? Maybe you think it is wrong for Jesus to entrust His Kingdom Come to be ruled by today's Apostolic Successors who sit in St. Peter's chair?

You know, actually the President of the United States has unequaled power over all the rest of us US citizens. A leader, with unequaled authority over a country, business, club or group, is not a bad thing. It is actually unequaled authority in one leader which keeps a group united. A group with twelve, or twenty, or ten thousand leaders, all with equal authority cannot stand. Abraham Lincoln quoted Jesus on this, 'A House Divided Cannot stand'. Jesus cannot have His Kingdom Come divided into all kinds of small religious factions.

Really putting one person, in unequaled authority, over all His followers, is wise for Jesus to do. This will unite His Kingdom Come, on earth.

When Jesus came to the neighborhood of Ceasarea Philippi, he asked his disciples this question: "Who do people say that the Son of Man is? They replied, "Some say John the Baptizer, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "And you," he said to them, "who do you say that I am?" "You are the Messiah," Simon Peter answered, "the Son of the living God!" Jesus replied, "Blest are you, Simon son of John! No mere man has revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. I for my part declare to you, you are 'Rock', and on this rock I will build my church, and the jaws of death shall not prevail against it. I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then He strictly ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

When they had gathered together they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" He answered them, "It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has established by his own authority. But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." When he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:18

(ESV) And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(Geneva) And I say also vnto thee, that thou art Peter, and vpon this rocke I will builde my Church: and ye gates of hel shal not ouercome it.

(Greek NT TR) καγω δε σοι λεγω οτι συ ει πετρος και επι ταυτη τη πετρα οικοδομησω μου την εκκλησιαν και πυλαι αδου ου κατισχυσουσιν αυτης

(GW) You are Peter, and I can guarantee that on this rock I will build my church. And the gates of hell will not overpower it.

(LITV-TSP) And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against her.

(KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(KJV+) AndG1161 I say alsoG2504 G3004 unto thee,G4671 ThatG3754 thouG4771 artG1488 Peter,G4074 andG2532 uponG1909 thisG5026 rockG4073 I will buildG3618 myG3450 church;G1577 andG2532 the gatesG4439 of hellG86 shall notG3756 prevail againstG2729 it.G846

(NKJV) And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

(YLT) 'And I also say to thee, that thou art a rock, and upon this rock I will build my assembly, and gates of Hades shall not prevail against it;

Who did Christ say is the "stone"(rock) in the passage below?

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Who did Paul say the rock is in the verse below?

1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Who did Peter say the stone (rock) is in the passage below?

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Do the passages above confirm Christ, or Peter, as the rock on which the Church is built?

All false doctrines are exposed not by the scripture quoted by its proponents, but rather by the scripture they must ignore to make it work...

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello BaBarean,

That power that Peter and the apostles were given to bind and loose sins has been given to every Christian - in the spreading of the gospel.

It is referring to the preaching of the gospel of Salvation - which if a person receives it, they are free from their sins. If a person rejects it, they are bound to their sins.

Hello Douggg,
So you have decided that Jesus, putting St. Peter, in unequalled authority over all His followers, and then giving St. Peter, and the other eleven Apostles, His Power to bind and loost sins, was a bad plan on Jesus' part?

You are misunderstanding what the concept was when Jesus said those things to Peter and the disciples. The binding and loosening of sins by Peter - and every Christian - is that we have that power by the spreading of the gospel - which it either loosens sins or binds them, depending upon whether it is received or rejected.

Just recently, past seventy years, the Catholic Church received from Jesus', His Divine Mercy Sunday. Initiated in the year 2000, Divine Mercy Sunday, is the second Sunday of Easter. Jesus Promises that anyone whom receives the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist, on that day, will be perfectly robbed in the Blood of the Lamb.
Informative of what is going on in the Roman Catholic Church. Thanks for letting us know.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Deuteronomy 33:3
While at his right hand a fire blazed forth and his wrath devastated the nations. But all his holy ones were in his hand; they followed at his feet and he bore them up on his pinions. A law he gave to us; he made the community of Jacob his domain, and he became king of his darling.

Hello BABrean,

God was King over Israel from the Exodus, till the fall of The House of Judah, in 587 B.C. God Ruled over Israel, through the kings of the House of Judah, and, the kings of the House of Israel.

After the fall of Judah and Israel, God put, man’s evil human pride in secular power, aka Satan, as king and ruler over Israel.

When Jesus takes over as King and Ruler over Israel and the world, upon victory at our near future Battle of Armageddon, we will again have God Ruling over us. Jesus will Rule, on earth, with and through His Church, the Catholic Church.

Do you think their will be one, second in command, a Pope, under Jesus Kingship, from heaven, or will we have tens of thousands of Protestant religions scattering the earth, under Messianic Reign? The Catholic Church holding the ‘Keys to the Kingdom’, which is Christ’s Power to bind and loost sins, makes them the authority over all others.

The reason we have one person, with unequaled authority over all other citizens, in America, is to unite America. An America built from tens of thousands of little factions, everyone having equal power, would be no nation at all. Jesus will unite His Kingdom Come, on earth, the same way America Unites her people; through unequaled power in one person, over all other members. Scripture tells us there will be no House of Israel and House of Judah, division in Christ’s Kingdom Come.

Jesus has Promised that it will be His Apostles, through their Successors, whom He will put on thrones to rule over Israel and the world.

Ezekiel 37:21
Tell them: Thus speaks the Lord GOD:) I will take the Israelites from among the nations to which they have come, and gather them from all sides to bring them back to their land. I will make them one nation upon the land, in the mountains of Israel, and there shall be one prince for them all. Never again shall they be two nations, and never again shall they be divided into two kingdoms.

No longer shall they defile themselves with their idols, their abominations, and all their transgressions. I will deliver them from all their sins of apostasy, and cleanse them so that they may be my people and I may be their God. My servant David shall be prince over them, and there shall be one shepherd for them all; they shall live by my statutes and carefully observe my decrees. They shall live on the land which I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where their fathers lived; they shall live on it forever, they, and their children, and their children's children, with my servant David their prince forever. I will make with them a covenant of peace; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, and I will multiply them, and put my sanctuary among them forever. My dwelling shall be with them; I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Thus the nations shall know that it is I, the LORD, who make Israel holy, when my sanctuary shall be set up among them forever.

Psalms 47:6
God mounts the throne amid shouts of joy; the LORD, amid trumpet blasts. Sing praise to God, sing praise; sing praise to our king, sing praise. God is king over all the earth; sing hymns of praise. God rules over the nations; God sits upon his holy throne. The princes of the peoples assemble with the people of the God of Abraham. For the rulers of the earth belong to God, who is enthroned on high.

Venerable Elizabeth Canori-Mora’s vision of a great restoration which would follow after the earth’s debacle is detailed as follows:

“Then a beautiful splendor came over the earth, to announce the reconciliation of God with mankind.”

“The small flock of faithful Catholics who had taken refuge under the trees will be brought before Saint Peter, who will choose a new pope. All the Church will be reordered according to the true dictates of the holy Gospel. The religious orders will be reestablished and the homes of Christians will become homes imbued with religion.

“So great will be the fervor and zeal for the glory of God that everything will promote love of God and neighbor. The triumph, glory and honor of the Catholic Church will be established in an instant. She will be acclaimed, venerated and esteemed by all. All will resolve to follow Her, recognizing the Vicar of Christ as the Supreme Pontiff.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God was King over Israel from the Exodus, till the fall of The House of Judah, in 587 B.C. God Ruled over Israel, through the kings of the House of Judah, and, the kings of the House of Israel.
God was the accepted King of Israel who reigned through the prophets - until Israel demanded a human king like the nations.

1Sameul 12:12 And when ye saw that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon came against you, ye said unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: when the LORD your God was your king.

Do you think their will be one, second in command, a Pope, under Jesus Kingship, from heaven, or will we have tens of thousands of Protestant religions scattering the earth, under Messianic Reign?

Neither.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think their will be one, second in command, a Pope, under Jesus Kingship, from heaven, or will we have tens of thousands of Protestant religions scattering the earth, under Messianic Reign? The Catholic Church holding the ‘Keys to the Kingdom’, which is Christ’s Power to bind and loost sins, makes them the authority over all others.

What does Peter think in the passage below?

1Pe 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
1Pe 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHIEF CORNERSTONE, ELECT, PRECIOUS, AND HE WHO BELIEVES ON HIM WILL BY NO MEANS BE PUT TO SHAME."
1Pe 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED HAS BECOME THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE,"
1Pe 2:8 and "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
1Pe 2:10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God Works, With and Through
His Church Leaders on Earth
Hello BABrean,

God was King and Ruler over Israel from the Exodus till the fall of the House of Judah in 587 B.C.. Do we agree?

God, from heaven, led His people on earth, with and through, His servant Moses. Do we agree?

Korah, Dathan and Abiram, decided to lead the Israelites back to Egypt. Korah, Dathan and Abiram were also Israelite Church leaders, but lower in rank than Moses.

Our King God the Father, working with and through His leader Moses on earth, Anathematized Protestors Korah, Dathan and Abiram, to hell.

In the same way, Our King, Jesus has armed His Church leaders on earth, the Apostles and their Successors, with His Power to bind and loost sins. If an Apostolic Successor calls upon Jesus to bind and sinner, or group of sinners to their sins, they go to hell just as Korah and his band went to hell, in the desert. Our King, Jesus Christ, works with and through His Church, just as God the Father worked with and through Moses in the desert.

Numbers 16
Korah, son of Izhar, son of Kohath, son of Levi [and Dathan and Abiram, sons of Eliab, son of Pallu, son of Reuben] took two hundred and fifty Israelites who were leaders in the community, members of the council and men of note. They stood before Moses and Aaron, to whom they said, "Enough from you! The whole community, all of them, are holy; the LORD is in their midst. Why then should you set yourselves over the LORD's congregation?"

When Moses heard this, he fell prostrate. Then he said to Korah and to all his band, "May the LORD make known tomorrow morning who belongs to him and who is the holy one and whom he will have draw near to him! Whom he chooses, he will have draw near him. Do this: take your censers [Korah and all his band] and put fire in them and place incense in them before the LORD tomorrow. He whom the LORD then chooses is the holy one. Enough from you Levites!"

Moses also said to Korah, "Listen to me, you Levites! Is it too little for you that God of Israel has singled you out from the community of Israel, to have you draw near him for the service of the LORD's Dwelling and to stand before the community to minister for them? He has allowed you and your kinsmen, the descendants of Levi, to approach him, and yet you now seek the priesthood too. It is therefore against the LORD that you and all your band are conspiring. For what has Aaron done that you should grumble against him?"

Rebellion of Dathan and Abiram.

Moses summoned Dathan and Abiram, sons of Eliab, but they answered, "We will not go. Are you not satisfied with having led us here away from a land flowing with milk and honey, to make us perish in the desert, that you must now lord it over us? Far from bringing us to a land flowing with milk and honey, or giving us fields and vineyards for our inheritance, will you also gouge out our eyes? No, we will not go."

As the eyes lead the body so would Ministers consider themselves the eyes of the body-of-people. Dathan and Abiram, Ministers of the Israelite Church, are referring to the body-of-people when they say us and our. When Jesus commands His Church to gouge out Her eyes if they cause scandal, He is referencing Moses gouging out the eyes of the Israelite Church and hurling them into hell.

Matthew 18:5 Avoiding Scandal.
"Whoever welcomes one such child for my sake welcomes me. On the other hand, it would be better for anyone who leads astray one of these little ones who believe in me, to be drowned by a millstone around his neck, in the depths of the sea. What terrible things will come on the world through scandal! It is inevitable that scandal should occur. Nonetheless, woe to that man through whom scandal comes! If your hand of foot is your undoing, cut it off and throw it from you! Better to enter life maimed or crippled than to be thrown with two hands or feet into endless fire. If your eye is your downfall, gouge it out and cast it from you! Better to enter life with one eye than be thrown with both into fiery Gehenna.

Numbers 16 continued:

Then Moses became very angry and said to the LORD, "Pay no heed to their offering. I have never taken a single ass from them, nor have I wronged any one of them."

Korah. Moses said to Korah, "You and all your band shall appear before the LORD tomorrow--you and they and Aaron too. Then each of your two hundred and fifty followers shall take his own censer, put incense in it, and offer it to the LORD; and you and Aaron, each with his own censer, shall do the same." So then all took their censers, and laying incense on the fire they had put in them, they took their stand by the entrance of the meeting tent, the glory of the LORD appeared to the entire community, and the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Stand apart from this band, that I may consume them at once." But they fell prostrate and cried out, "O God, God of the spirits of all mankind, will one man's sin make you angry with the whole community?" The LORD answered Moses, "Speak to the community and tell them: Withdraw from the space around the Dwelling" [of Korah, Dathan and Abiram].

Punishment of Dathan and Abiram.

Moses, followed by the elders of Israel, arose and went to Dathan and Abrim. Then he warned the community, "Keep away from the tents of these wicked men and do not touch anything that is theirs: otherwise you too will be swept away because of all their sins." When Dathan and Abiram had come out and were standing at the entrance of their tents with their wives and sons and little ones, Moses said, "This is how you shall know that it was the LORD who sent me to do all that I have done, and that it was not I who planned it: if these men die an ordinary death, merely suffering the fate common to all mankind, then it was not the LORD who sent me. But if the LORD does something entirely new, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them alive down into the nether world, with all belonging to them, then you will know that these men have defied the LORD." No sooner had he finished saying all this than the ground beneath them split open, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their families [and all of Korah's men] and all their possessions. They went down alive to the nether world with all belonging to them; the earth closed over them, and they perished from the community. But all the Israelites near them fled at their shrieks, saying, "The earth might swallow us too!"

Jude 1:10
These people, however, not only revile what they have no knowledge of but are corrupted through the very things they know by instinct, like brute animals. So much the worse for them! They have taken the road Cain took. They have abandoned themselves to Balaam's error for pay, and like Korah they perish in rebellion. These men are blotches on your Christian banquets. They are wild ocean waves, splashing their shameless deeds abroad like foam, or shooting stars for whom the thick gloom of darkness has been reserved forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God, from heaven, led His people on earth, with and through, His servant Moses. Do we agree?

Hopefully, you understand that Moses was a type of Christ.

Christ is now the head of God's people on earth, instead of a man who allows others to bow down to him.

Act 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

1Co_12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hopefully, you understand that Moses was a type of Christ.

We Catholics worship our Lord Jesus Christ as God, not Moses, not any Church leader, not any human being.

So how Does Jesus keep His Church united today when some Protestor, like Korah, Dathan and Abiram, comes to divide Jesus' Church?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We Catholics worship our Lord Jesus Christ as God, not Moses, not any Church leader, not any human being.

So how Does Jesus keep His Church united today when some Protestor, like Korah, Dathan and Abiram, comes to divide Jesus' Church?
The RCC teaches the Trinity and that Jesus is God. That's the good. But also over elevates Mary and some other doctrine regarding the hierarchy of the RCC, and some misguided theological doctrine. That's the bad. The RCC is a mixed bag. It's here to stay for a while, not going away - but that will not last.

Looking forward into the near future, into the 7 years, when the person in Revelation becomes the beast. It's not the Pope, Papacy, as the beast, Antichrist, false prophet, btw. When the person becomes the beast, the ten kings that align themselves with him - and they burn the woman in Rome - the Vatican - to the ground, Revelation 17:16. Why so? Because the RCC says that Jesus is God - and that will be in opposition to the beast saying he is God.

End of the RCC. Not to continue into the millennium rule when Jesus returns. End of the protestant churches as well, and denominations. The church gets translated, in the resurrection/rapture, into the Kingdom of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first three chapters of Revelation are Jesus's instructions of how Christians are to behave until He comes.

Revelation 1:16
A sharp, two-edged sword came out of his mouth, and his face shone like the sun at its brightest. When I caught sight of him I fell down at his feet as though dead, he touched me with his right hand and said: "There is nothing to fear. I am the First and the Last and the One who lives. Once I was dead but now I live-- forever and ever. I hold the keys of death and the nether world."

Revelation 2:12 To Pergamum.
“To the angel of the church in Pergamum, write this:
“‘The one with the sharp two-edged sword says this: “I know that you live where Satan’s throne is, and yet you hold fast to my name and have not denied your faith in me, not even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was martyred among you, where Satan lives. Yet I have a few things against you. You have some people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who instructed Balak to put a stumbling block before the Israelites: to eat food sacrificed to idols and to play the harlot. Likewise, you also have some people who hold to the teaching of [the] Nicolaitans. Therefore, repent. Otherwise, I will come to you quickly and wage war against them with the sword of my mouth.

Hello Douggg,
Great! You agree that the 'Sword of Christ's Mouth' is His lips binding sinners to their sins, correct? Jesus 'waging war' on the unrepentant wicked of Pergamum, with the 'Sword' of His 'Mouth', would be Jesus anathematizing the unrepentant wicked by His lips binding the wicked to their sins.

The 'angel' of Pergamum, is the Bishop of Pergamum. All the Angel/Apostolic Successor of Pergamum, has to do, to fight the unrepentant wicked in Pergamum, with Jesus, is to call upon Jesus to bind them to their sins. This would be Angels/Apostolic Successors fighting Satan, because Jesus infers that Satan lives in Pergamum.

Do we agree?

John 20:20
At the sight of the Lord the disciples rejoiced. "Peace be with you," he said again. "As the Father has sent me, so I send you." Then he breathed on them and said: "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive men's sins, they are forgiven them; if you hold them bound, they are held bound."

Isaiah 11:4 The Rule of Emmanuel

He shall strike the ruthless with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked.
Jesus tells us that even the Jewish Church has the Power to hurl the unrepentant wicked into hell.

Matthew 5:22
What I say to you is: everyone who grows angry with his brother shall be liable to judgement; any man who uses abusive language toward his brother shall be answerable to the Sanhedrin, and if he holds him in contempt he risks the fires of Gehenna.

Matthew 16:13
Jesus replied, "Blest are you, Simon son of John! No mere man has revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. I for my part declare to you, you are 'Rock,' and on this rock I will build my church, and the jaws of death shall not prevail against it. I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdomof heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then he strictly ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Anathema

..."To understand the word anathema", says Vigouroux, "we should first go back to the real meaning of herem of which it is the equivalent. Herem comes from the word haram, to cut off, to separate, to curse, and indicates that which is cursed and condemned to be cut off or exterminated, whether a person or a thing, and in consequence, that which man is forbidden to make use of."...
...but anathematized, and that he may be stricken by the sword of Heaven"....

..."Know that Engeltrude is not only under the ban of excommunication, which separates her from the society of the brethren, but under the anathema, which separates from the body of Christ, which is the Church."...

..."If, after having been deposed from office, he is incorrigible, he should first be excommunicated; but if he perseveres in his contumacy he should be stricken with the sword of anathema; but if plunging to the depths of the abyss, he reaches the point where he despises these penalties, he should be given over to the secular arm."...

...In passing this sentence, the pontiff is vested in amice, stole, and a violet cope, wearing his miter, and assisted by twelve priests clad in their surplices and holding lighted candles. He takes his seat in front of the altar or in some other suitable place, amid pronounces the formula of anathemawhich ends with these words: Wherefore in the name of God the All-powerful, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, of the Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and of all the saints, in virtue of the power which has been given us of binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth, we deprive N-- himself and all his accomplices and all his abettors of the Communion of the Body and Blood of our Lord, we separate him from the society of all Christians, we exclude him from the bosom of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth, we declare him excommunicated and anathematized and we judge him condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the reprobate , so long as he will not burst the fetters of the demon, do penance and satisfy the Church; we deliver him to Satan to mortify his body, that his soul may be saved on the day of judgment."

He who dares to despise our decision, let him be stricken with anathema maranatha, i.e. may he be damned at the coming of the Lord, may he have his place with Judas Iscariot, he and his companions.

Quoted from: New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia - Anathema

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Great! You agree that the 'Sword of Christ's Mouth' is His lips binding sinners to their sins, correct?
I think what binds people to their sins is their rejection of Jesus's death and resurrection to save them from their sins.

The 'angel' of Pergamum, is the Bishop of Pergamum. All the Angel/Apostolic Successor of Pergamum, has to do, to fight the unrepentant wicked in Pergamum, with Jesus, is to call upon Jesus to bind them to their sins. This would be Angels/Apostolic Successors fighting Satan, because Jesus infers that Satan lives in Pergamum.

Do we agree?
No, you kinda misunderstood who the angel is.

Jesus saying - And to angel of the church in ________, the seven church's. The angel is the entire body of believers at that location - as they are the messenger of the gospel. The preaching of the gospel is what has the effect of loosening or binding of sins.

In Pergamos, there was apparently a lot of occult activity, in that city. It was not part of the church, but was opposed to the church.

Steve, you are missing the point of those verses you are using to justify RCC doctrine of power in the Pope and clergy. It is by the preaching of the gospel that, not just Peter, but all Christians have - to effectively impart forgiveness or not of sins. Yet, it is not our power at all but that of the Holy Spirit.

"What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus." .... the Pope can't do it.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0