Angels and demons fighting over our heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin-GOD-Till-I-Die

Mr Cheese MY BIG BROTHERE
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
✟250.00
I dotn know i was juss goin through the forums n i member when i was a kid i herd somethin about angels and demons fight over our heads all the time, i also herd that they do it to see if you make right or wrong decisions is that true? i was also a kid when i herd this i dotn remeber everything they said

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone's been watching too much TV... lol

What you're probably thinking of is Ephesians 6:12, but it never says anything about angels and demons fighting over our heads, or standing on your shoulders and telling you what to do (like they do on TV). If you know of a verse somewhere in the Bible that backs it up let me know... but as far as I know... one doesn't exist. Have a great day!

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Speaking of movies, remember "Oh God" and "Oh God, you devil".

Who played the part of God? George Burns
Who played the part of the devil? George Burns

The bible says the the devil is constantly transfroming himself into an image of the light.(or something like that) In other words he trys to trick you into thinking he is God, because he wants to be above God, making him god.

I gave a sermon on this and God really showed me alot of areas where the devil works and what he says. Look at Jesus and see how the devil tryed to trick him with what? The bible and verses in the bible. And that is the root of probably most arguements about the bible. The devil will take a verse and pull it out of context, but if you know the word and you know God who teaches you the word you can say what Jesus said when he was questioned by the devil, which is "but it also says....." and gave the balance to the verse. People say you can't fit God into a box, because life isn't black and white, and neither is God's word.

Upvote 0
<DIR>These verses in 2Kings are excellent illustration of the spiritual world&nbsp;(angels) all around us.&nbsp; We don't see them (unless God chooses to open our eyes) but they are there!

2Ki 6:15 And the servant of the man of God arose early and went out. And, behold, an army surrounded the city, and horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, Alas, my master! What shall we do?&nbsp;(16) And he answered, Do not fear, for those with us are more than those with them.&nbsp;(17) And Elisha prayed and said, I pray You, Jehovah, open his eyes so that he may see. And Jehovah opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

If you'd like to read books about the spiritual realm, I've read two that I really liked.&nbsp; They are "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness" both by Frank Peretti.</DIR>

Upvote 0

bigat

Jan 10, 2003
Chicago - area
Visit site
✟616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This sounds like the Frank Peretti books, "This Present Darkness". If you guys haven' read it...go get it! Awesome books. Start out kinda slow but pick up. HIs books go into this type of stuff. I love them.

I love the thought that an angel is by my side swinging his sword at demons as they come by. Kinda cool.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by sbbqb7n16
Someone's been watching too much TV... lol

What you're probably thinking of is Ephesians 6:12, but it never says anything about angels and demons fighting over our heads, or standing on your shoulders and telling you what to do (like they do on TV). If you know of a verse somewhere in the Bible that backs it up let me know... but as far as I know... one doesn't exist. Have a great day!

Try Daniel 10:4-14 for one. You see Daniel prayed but it took 20 days to get the answer. And he tells Daniel&nbsp;why it took him so look to get the answer to him. Now it may not be right above your head but they are&nbsp;fighting.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Blade
Try Daniel 10:4-14 for one. You see Daniel prayed but it took 20 days to get the answer. And he tells Daniel&nbsp;why it took him so look to get the answer to him. Now it may not be right above your head but they are&nbsp;fighting.

True but I thought he meant like "right" above our heads... kinda like a floating wrestling match above everyone's head that we can't see... I think my imagination is running wild again :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True but I thought he meant like "right" above our heads... kinda like a floating wrestling match above everyone's head that we can't see... I think my imagination is running wild again :)

LOL...At first I did to.

Upvote 0

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00

I think so too... generally it's my impression that when you incessantly sin God turns His back on you for a while, pretty much just leaves you with your wolves so to speak... because He doesn't want to look upon your sin.... not much of a battle when you aren't fighting it (sin) is there?

On the other hand if you do decide to fight is He may step in to help He did for me He'll do it for you... still again, not much of a babttle He always wins, demons are no match for God or His angels... it's your heart God may fight for, giving you all the arguments.. but still you have to choose either to eat or spit it out.... it's your heart that matters not the air above your head...

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Peretti's books are pretty good, but they're fiction. Even Peretti has said that he wrote them as a work of fiction and not for people to get their doctrine from.

I don't see any evidence of angels and demons fighting over us in scripture. As entertaining as Peretti's books and other things like this are, the big question is, "is it taught in the Bible". In this case, no.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MikeMcK said:
Peretti's books are pretty good, but they're fiction. Even Peretti has said that he wrote them as a work of fiction and not for people to get their doctrine from.

I don't see any evidence of angels and demons fighting over us in scripture. As entertaining as Peretti's books and other things like this are, the big question is, "is it taught in the Bible". In this case, no.
Well they might not be RIGHT above us but they do fight just read Daniel 10:9-14. Now where they were fighting it does not say. :D and I don't think they were holding hands saying "red rover red rover send Michael right over" and he broke through. Or do you think the angels were fighting just man in 2 Kings 6:17. Most don't have a clue what is going on in the spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Screamin-GOD-Till-I-Die said:
you gusy i said i was a kid i was like little and they told me about this i was like 6 or 5 of course i dont bealive it now but i guess i wanted to know if it relly had somethin in the bible bout it
Hi there!

:wave:

Anyone who doesn't believe that there is a continual "spiritual warfare" over the believer has been misled.

Mercy, some people act like the battle is over... satan never gives up until the believer is secure in eternity.

Read in Daniel 10 about the battle between Gabriel and the "prince of the king of Persia" which took three weeks for the message to be delivered to Daniel as an answer to his prayer.

~serapha~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.