And These arethe People We are to Trust Win the War...

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Report: White House Ruins Terrorist Intel

White House Denies It Prematurely Released Al Qaeda Video, Hurting Intelligence-Gathering

A small, privately run intelligence analysis company says that a Bush administration leak has ruined years of clandestine work to find and exploit al Qaeda secrets on the Internet, the Washington Post reports.

SITE Institute, one of many private companies that troll extremist Web content and use secret methods to find unreleased material and release it early, against the wishes of the militants creating it, was the first to obtain an Osama bin Laden video last month.

According to the report, Rita Katz, who runs SITE, told The Post she turned the video over to the White House on the condition that it not be made public until the material was released on line by al Qaeda's own media wing.

Katz told The Post that by the afternoon of Sept. 7, the day she turned the video over to White House officials, it had been leaked and was appearing on myriad news Web sites and television networks around the world.
Rest of story

So an intelligence gathering method gets burned so that BushCo. can continue its fear mongering. How many times do they get to sacrifice National Security in favor of political gain?

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Isnt pointing out a misspelled word critical of the bush admin in contrast to the op like buying a fish a bicycle? Maybe we should follow bush's example on our ecelectic reading materials? :)
Dee-doo-doo-doo-dee-dah-dah-dah is all I want to say to you.

I just think when you accuse someone of incompetence, you should have the decency to spell the word right and not look incompetent yourself. Now, if your not going to accuse people of incompetence, feel free to missppell all thw werds you want.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My point was there was no response to the op at all yet a post was made to criticize a silly spelling error-as if that were more important than the bush admin burning an intel bridge that could very well cost people their lives.

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
My point was there was no response to the op at all yet a post was made to criticize a silly spelling error-as if that were more important than the bush admin burning an intel bridge that could very well cost people their lives.

LOL

you care

just send care packages to the troops like a REAL CONSERVATIVE would and pack a note to tell them to kill real good and leave the politicaling to Bush

LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

at least they didn't do it on purpose this time like they did when they outed Plame and destroyed her network of contacts

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
at least they didn't do it on purpose this time like they did when they outed Plame and destroyed her network of contacts
It was entirely on purpose. It was leaked to the media prior to Al-Queda releasing it to scare us and make BushCo look good. Just like the Al-Queda mole that BushCo outed and just like Plame. National security takes a back seat to politics for these guys and that is frightening.

Upvote 0

KomissarSteve

Basileus
Feb 1, 2007
✟25,945.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It was entirely on purpose. It was leaked to the media prior to Al-Queda releasing it to scare us and make BushCo look good. Just like the Al-Queda mole that BushCo outed and just like Plame. National security takes a back seat to politics for these guys and that is frightening.
I wouldn't be surprised, actually; I know Dubya and Cheney have been at war with the CIA and the rest of the non-DoD intel community ever since they dragged their feet on helping make the case for invading Iraq.

Upvote 0