✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Apologies if this has been posted before, but as a cat lover I adore it:

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to 'Where do pets come from?' Adam said, 'Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked with me every day. Now I do not see you any more. I am lonesome here and it is difficult for me to remember how much you love me.'And God said 'No problem. I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourself.' And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and it wagged its tail. And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.' And God said, 'No problem. Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him Dog.' And Dog lived with Adam and was a companion to him and loved him. And Adam was comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail. After a while, it came to pass that Adam's guardian angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam has become filled with pride. He struts and preens like a peacock and he believes he is worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught him that he is loved, but perhaps too well.' And the Lord said, 'No problem. I will create for him a companion who will be with him forever and who will see him as he is. The companion will remind him of his limitations, so he will know that he is not always worthy of adoration.' And God created Cat to be a companion to Adam. And Cat would not obey Adam. And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was reminded that he was not the Supreme Being. And Adam learned humility. And God was pleased. And Adam was greatly improved. And Dog was happy. And Cat didn't care one way or the other.

Read more at And God Created Dog and Cat

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to 'Where do pets come from?'
Alert: do not trust the source "A newly discovered chapter", as it is misleading and unreliable, even though some things might be 'comfortable' to read in it.

The Jews (and believing gentiles) always knew where pets came from. Even Adam and Eve knew. And all of their descendants, you might say, until man's knowledge was so darkened
that mankind rebelled against Yahuweh and had to be destroyed. (in the flood)

• Prayers
Reactions: A Gerbil
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to 'Where do pets come from?' Adam said, 'Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked with me every day. Now I do not see you any more. I am lonesome here and it is difficult for me to remember how much you love me.'And God said 'No problem. I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourself.' And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and it wagged its tail. And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.' And God said, 'No problem. Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him Dog.' And Dog lived with Adam and was a companion to him and loved him. And Adam was comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail. After a while, it came to pass that Adam's guardian angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam has become filled with pride. He struts and preens like a peacock and he believes he is worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught him that he is loved, but perhaps too well.' And the Lord said, 'No problem. I will create for him a companion who will be with him forever and who will see him as he is. The companion will remind him of his limitations, so he will know that he is not always worthy of adoration.' And God created Cat to be a companion to Adam. And Cat would not obey Adam. And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was reminded that he was not the Supreme Being. And Adam learned humility. And God was pleased. And Adam was greatly improved. And Dog was happy. And Cat didn't care one way or the other.

My cat says ... Cats rule and dogs drool.

My dog says ... Dogs drool and cats are crewl

I have a dog and a cat and they are both a riot and true blessings. They create a lot of laughter. They play together all the time.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

LOL ^_^ Somehow reminds me of a cat I had years ago. Thing would attack everyone.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Alert: do not trust the source "A newly discovered chapter", as it is misleading and unreliable, even though some things might be 'comfortable' to read in it.

The Jews (and believing gentiles) always knew where pets came from. Even Adam and Eve knew. And all of their descendants, you might say, until man's knowledge was so darkened
that mankind rebelled against Yahuweh and had to be destroyed. (in the flood)

I sincerely regret the loss of your sense of humour.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Alert: What is written about the curses added to anyone who adds to God's Word ?
(not humorous)

The OP was written as humour, intended as humour and was understood by most as humour. Jesus himself used humour to good effect to get his message across.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i-am-god-i-am-god-i-am-god.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Jesus himself used humour to good effect to get his message across.
And humour is one of the most wonderful, most liberating things we have. It has often been said laughter is the best medicine. It helps us cope with difficult situations and in many cases humour has helped us to build bridges with others and empathise with them.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think God created cats to keep our blood pressure down under stress. My "ginger ninja" (photo on the left) drinks directly out of the water tap, sits beside me like a vulture when I am having supper, and jumps all over me when I arrive home from work, and he bites my arm if I don't give him enough attention. My "brown bomber" Burmese cat comes first thing in the morning, meows outside my door until I let him in, and cuddles up to me in bed until I get up. He will sit beside me on my chair and rests his head on my thigh. If he needs attention he will look up at me with his big eyes until I give him a few more strokes.

I think that cats like that are ways that God shows His love and care toward us in a very special way.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And humour is one of the most wonderful, most liberating things we have. It has often been said laughter is the best medicine. It helps us cope with difficult situations and in many cases humour has helped us to build bridges with others and empathise with them.

I agree!!!! Humour ---- and Music is right up there with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
humour is one of the most wonderful, most liberating things we have.
I agree, my friend. I think the primary reason for that, aside from the immediate pure emotional release, is that it inherently gives us a better perspective on our situation. Everything is not all bleak or hopeless. There is another side to life beside the problem at hand, and with faith over time we will reach better shores.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think God created cats to keep our blood pressure down under stress. My "ginger ninja" (photo on the left) drinks directly out of the water tap, sits beside me like a vulture when I am having supper, and jumps all over me when I arrive home from work, and he bites my arm if I don't give him enough attention. My "brown bomber" Burmese cat comes first thing in the morning, meows outside my door until I let him in, and cuddles up to me in bed until I get up. He will sit beside me on my chair and rests his head on my thigh. If he needs attention he will look up at me with his big eyes until I give him a few more strokes.

I think that cats like that are ways that God shows His love and care toward us in a very special way.

I have one cat, a beautiful black moggy. He's adorable and very much a member of the family.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What a beautiful relationship. I’m a cat person myself but I’ve had one as a companion myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: A Gerbil
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The ginger ninja nearly got turned into a ginger rug tonight. He sprayed on our sofa, and we are having an open home tomorrow as part of our house sale!!!

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ginger ninja nearly got turned into a ginger rug tonight. He sprayed on our sofa, and we are having an open home tomorrow as part of our house sale!!!

I take it he's not been neutered? I always get my cats neutered, especially male ones.

Upvote 0