And another one bites the dust! Only the best people...

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is only political drama in Washington. Things are going really well now, except for the liberal hostility, which is only due to the trouncing Trump gave Hillary and the Obama legacy. Other than that, most liberals know things are much better now.
What Trump supporters don’t get is that he leaves many key positions filled with “acting” directors (whom he can more easily fire or undermine) to avoid Congressional oversight and disrupt any continuity in the particular agency. The idea is to have employees increase infighting and decrease morale.

Again, look at how organized crime operates and how Trump operates. Not much difference.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
or it could be due the the fact that Trump is a immature ,malignant narcissist and a racist, sexist, sadist who we’d better keep away from ruining the USA.
Or, it could be we live in a crazy world, and at the very basics, dealing with many school-yard mentalities. As such, if your best friend is the big, burly, vociferous, unpredictable person who runs around with a baseball bat... bullies of all sort keep their distance. But, if you hang out with a philosophical buddy, maybe even president of the math and science club... oh well, you should get the picture. The former scenario is not only working for U.S. citizens right now, but you’d think most of the countries that look to us for protection would also realize that it is. I think they do, but not so with the media and die-hard liberals. They’ll just cry when one of the world’s bullies gives them a bloody nose. So, enjoy the time we have until the latter is back in office, and our embassies are attacked with no response, our aircraft carriers are once again being taunted and buzzed by foreign fighters with no response, and our naval vessels are being seized with no response, no attention is paid to our borders and immigration policy, and trade with us is abused to no end.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or, it could be we live in a crazy world, and at the very basics, dealing with many school-yard mentalities. As such, if your best friend is the big, burly, vociferous, unpredictable person who runs around with a baseball bat... bullies of all sort keep their distance. But, if you hang out with a philosophical buddy, maybe even president of the math and science club... oh well, you should get the picture. The former scenario is not only working for U.S. citizens right now, but you’d think most of the countries that look to us for protection would also realize that it is. I think they do, but not so with the media and die-hard liberals. They’ll just cry when one of the world’s bullies gives them a bloody nose. So, enjoy the time we have until the latter is back in office, and our embassies are attacked with no response, our aircraft carriers are once again being taunted and buzzed by foreign fighters with no response, and our naval vessels are being seized with no response, no attention is paid to our borders and immigration policy, and trade with us is abused to no end.
Yes, Trump has the Navy operating like a finely tuned property appraiser......
The Inside Story of an American Warship Doomed by Its Own Navy

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What Trump supporters don’t get is that he leaves many key positions filled with “acting” directors (whom he can more easily fire or undermine) to avoid Congressional oversight and disrupt any continuity in the particular agency. The idea is to have employees increase infighting and decrease morale.

Again, look at how organized crime operates and how Trump operates. Not much difference.
I have to admit, that's an interesting take on it... organized crime and Washington.

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
?!?!?! But ,but ,but he put these incompetents there in the first place

Do you think that fact matters to his undying supporters? They'll still act like he's a great competent leader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty long story, but barely six months into Trumps term... surely conditions at that time couldn't be blamed on him. I've noticed that with any successes, some want to attribute first year stuff to Obama.
But Trump said he’d part the waters right off the bat.:sunglasses:

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Do you think that fact matters to his undying supporters. They'll still act like he's a great competent leader.

I suppose anything could look great when one's head is covered with sand.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What now?
National Security Advisor (United States) - Wikipedia

The National Security Adviser requires no congressional (or senate, for that matter) approval, so cannot be "touched" by them, acting or otherwise, not to mention such approvals when they do apply come from the senate, not congress.

That's realy not the point now is it? Do you think it is stupid for the setting president to create a friendly cabinet that will support his own goals? Mind you, I did not ask whether or not you find it ethical. Is it stupid to do so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's realy not the point now is it? Do you think it is stupid for the setting president to create a friendly cabinet that will support his own goals? Mind you, I did not ask whether or not you find it ethical. Is it stupid to do so?
Could be ! you might be old enough to remember the bay of pigs invasion during Kennedy’s term . It was ill advised by yes-men around the president and almost got this country in a serious problem

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's realy not the point now is it?

Seriously? Your entire post was about how it would be an acting position untouchable by congress and not needing approval.

How is pointing out that the position isn't touchable by congress and doesn't need approval not the point?

Do you think it is stupid for the setting president to create a friendly cabinet that will support his own goals? Mind you, I did not ask whether or not you find it ethical. Is it stupid to do so?

Entirely irrelevant to the post you made, although since you seem to want to move the goalposts rather than just admit you were wrong I'll say I don't even see how it is unethical. Why would a president do anything else?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Seriously? Your entire post was about how it would be an acting position untouchable by congress and not needing approval.

How is pointing out that the position isn't touchable by congress and doesn't need approval not the point?

Entirely irrelevant to the post you made, although since you seem to want to move the goalposts rather than just admit you were wrong I'll say I don't even see how it is unethical. Why would a president do anything else?

This is not the first time I have brought this up. This is not the first time you have responded to me for bringing this up. It might be time to focus on Trump going around congress to fill his cabinet rather than trying to prove me wrong.

I made the errant comment on purpose, because an opportunity for contention seems to be the only way to grab anyone's attention these days. Now people are reading this post to see how badly I am pwned. Maybe I can get them from chasing that red dot and look at how almost his entire cabinet are 'acting' officials without congressional oversight.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is not the first time I have brought this up. This is not the first time you have responded to me for bringing this up.

Bringing what up?

It might be time to focus on Trump going around congress to fill his cabinet rather than trying to prove me wrong.

They are not mutually exclusive options, I can do both at the same time, and for the 3rd time Trump doesn't need to "go around congress" to fill this position because congress has no say in the matter not even a little bit. You might as well say he's going around the unicorns.

I made the errant comment on purpose, because an opportunity for contention seems to be the only way to grab anyone's attention these days. Now people are reading this post to see how badly I am pwned. Maybe I can get them from chasing that red dot and look at how almost his entire cabinet are 'acting' officials without congressional oversight.

Thanks for the help.

What are you talking about. Seriously. There isn't a person on this board that thinks Trump, or any president, should pick people that will not support his agenda. Everyone agrees this is both ethical and sensible.

There are people that think Bolton was a poor choice because, amongst other things, he clearly did not support Trump's agenda, and there's another overlapping group that think having 3 people in this position in 2 years is a sign of dysfunction.

The only person tilting at the windmill you built is you.

And while I'm over here at your new set of goalposts:
look at how almost his entire cabinet are 'acting' officials without congressional oversight.

Alrighty, let's take a look...
Cabinet of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

Of the 16 positions, only 2 are acting (and if you include cabinet level officials it goes to 23 and 4). Was this another thing you were intentionally wrong about to guide us to the next rabbit hole?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Having 3 people in this position in 2 years keeps anyone from being able to get embedded or compromised also. Kind of hard to plant a mole or a compromised insider on someone else's payroll when people keep getting booted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,640.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This is only political drama in Washington. Things are going really well now, except for the liberal hostility, which is only due to the trouncing Trump gave Hillary and the Obama legacy. Other than that, most liberals know things are much better now.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0