An Open Letter to Erwin: Ya done GOOD, Bro!

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am posting this in all denominational areas, as the controversy over the changes has affected all of us, no matter the manner of our doctrine and worship. If you believe I have violated your denominational space with this post, please forgive me, but this side of the discussion needs to be heard.

Dear Erwin,

I don't care what the most of the membership thinks, Erwin, you have done us an honor and a favor by placing us in a position where we have to live our faith, or slink away with our tail between our legs.

The forum had become permeated with an elitist attitude, an attitude by some that they are "special" or "better than" others because they had Jesus. There has been no effort on their part to evangelize the world, even though you provided them the perfect opportunity through the old forum format. On the contrary, the common reaction to the unbeliever was to insult their unbelief, ridicule them for not having the good sense to know Jesus, and reject them as beneath our attention or contempt.

You and I know that is not what Jesus would have us do. This new, open format forces us to decide what we are going to do, and I believe that is a good thing.

Most of us (myself included) were too immature in Christ to have a thick skin when amongst unbelievers, much less amongst ourselves. The unbelievers certainly are emboldened by the anonymity of the Internet, but it took many of us years to realize that the only thing they could use against us (for now) is words. Some of us haven't realized that yet. There is coming a day -- in the US, Australia, Europe, where it is already starting to some degree -- when we won't be free to be so bold about our faith. It it already is happening in the Far East and in the Mideast. It is only a matter of time before it will be physically and mortally dangerous for us to glorify God and preach Jesus, and Him crucified and resurrected. Those who protest to you, Erwin, do not realize how good they have it, even with the changes you have brought.

This move represents what is coming -- the end of "childhood" when we speak as children, think as children, reason as children. It is now time to put away childish things. Thank you, Erwin. I believe the site will do more good for the Kingdom than it has done in the past. You will lose a lot of good, caring, loving people -- but they are people who are not really ready to do the hard work of faith in Christ.

God bless and keep you, Erwin, and hang in there. You are in my prayers.

In His grace,
Mike
Colorado Springs CO, USA
Christian Psychologist