I shall serve God.
Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, all. I just wanted to share this, for it still weighs heavily on my mind, though it happened weeks ago. I was sleeping soundly in my home on the couch (as I oftentimes do) one night, when my dream began.

~Content of 1st Dream~

I was at a celebration for something with my family in North Carolina, at my aunt and uncle's home. Times were good, and happiness permeated the atmosphere. Then, the weather outside began to darken. My uncle, Gerald, turned the television on, revealing a severe weather warning quickly approaching.

I was not worried about that, but what happened next made me shiver.

At the bottom of the screen, scrolling across a purple-pink background (like a weather ticker) were the words "Warning: Hexglesh is coming" or "Warning: Hexglesh approaches." Something along those lines. There was a red 'no' symbol (the red circle with a diagonal slash through it) was before the sentence. The word "Hexglesh" may have been spelled just a bit differently- I'm going by my memory.

My family members carried on as normal, though I stared at the screen. The warning only scrolled past once. It seemed that I couldn't move or take my eyes off of the screen.

I woke up with a start, breathing a bit heavily.

~End 1st Dream~

When I woke up, it was around two a.m. or so, and I was scared. I hadn't felt fear like that since I was a child- kind of like the "Mommy, protect me; I'm scared of the dark" kind of fear." I prayed, and soon I fell back asleep.

The next dream is much shorter.

~Content of 2nd Dream~

No sooner had I closed my eyes, a large, brown book against a light blue background appeared. It opened to the middle of the book- it looked to be an old dictionary. It showed me the mid bottom right of the right page. The only definition that I could read was:

Hexglesh: prophet; devil.

I'm not sure if the book snapped closed or I just woke up right then without it closing, but I came back to the physical world.

~End 2nd Dream~

I have analyzed these dreams, and I've prayed about them. I've formed my own hypotheses about them. I've recieved opinions from my godly friends. Now, I would like to ask, without influencing you with my own opinions, will you please give me your opinion on the dreams?

I will say that I do believe it was revealed unto me by the Lord in Heaven, and not from demonic influence, for the night before, I was very much in the Spirit, and I felt it wasn't influenced by Satan. If anything, Satan tried to make me forget what I saw, from the slight difficulty of recalling the exact spelling of Hexglesh.

Keiko

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, first of all I have to say props to you for reading stuff in dreams. It's pretty hard for even a lucid dreamer to read more than about a sentence in a dream.

So it's pretty clear that the dream is warning you about a prophet/devil, since your subconscious went so far as to define the word for you. When it does something like that, it's pretty important.

Hex also means a sort of curse, so you may also be dealing with a being with supernatural abilities (maybe that's why it said devil?).

I think that it is possible that your dream was telling you the spirit's specific name. Usually, when you have a spirit's name, it's much easier to defend yourself against them. So that could be why you felt like some outside force was trying to scramble the word.

So yeah...that would be the more literal interpretation. The other interpretation that I can think of would have to do with the evil being's tie to a storm. That is, you could be worried about an upcoming event which you are dreading and you consider to be more or less a curse, something that will catch you off guard (the storm rolling in quickly despite the nice weather) and will destroy your happiness (represented by the celebration). The fact that the storm precedes the bad event, to me, would represent your feelings that it is beyond your control. So it's possible that it's something like an illness or death that you're unconsciously afraid will destroy your happiness?

Anyway, that's all I can gather from it. Normally, though, dream interpretation needs to come from yourself above anyone else. your biggest clue to a dream is the way you felt during the dream, and if an interpretation sounds like it's right to YOU, it's probably the best interpretation. Good luck, and I sincerely hope that your dream is just based on unfounded fears and no real warning. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What a dream indeed...

As someone who has quite vivid dreams myself, I can relate; and this seems like quite a vision...

There are passage, which I'm sure you're quite aware of, which speak about the end-times; and there will be those who will be caught unaware...

In those times there will be many things which have been prophesied and numerous of signs and instances which must come to pass first; the Catholics have been awaiting such a day with a prophecy of their own, counting the current prophet as the last prophet before the end-time; the Mayan calendar is counting down the days to be met in the latter part of Decemeber, in the year of 2012; and many of the other religions have been awaiting for this day to come as well; but please don't count me as saying as this should be 'THE' day that this will all happen, but instead prepare the way for yourself and others; Christ is indeed coming, and every knee shall bow, every tongue will confess his name!

And I had been looking for a particular scripture and could not find it for a moment, however I did find it! This scripture brings me solice and comfort for all people, especially if you're someone who takes care of many others.

Jeremiah 3:12-17
12Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

13Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.
14Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
15And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. 17At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Grace and peace be upon you!

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Take this with a grain of salt, but when I read "hexglesh", I thought about the mark of the beast spoken of in Revelations. I'm not quite sure why, but I did. As you know, "hex" stands for "6". I googled "glesh", but didn't find anything. I then typed "glish", knowing that you weren't really sure on the spelling. This is what it said-

Glish is a scripting language and accompanying C++ library. Using these two elements it is very easy to develop distributed, loosely coupled, applications. The C++ library implements a "software bus" which allows applications to easily be distributed across a heterogeneous network. The scripting language itself is a vector oriented calculator with language constructs designed for control of asynchronous events. It allows the user to control and connect processes attached to the "software bus".
Glish is currently used primarily for data analysis and telescope control. It is a cornerstone of the data analysis system called AIPS++. This system uses Glish for control and communication. The compute tasks are written in C++ and connected to the interpreter via the "software bus". Glish is also the command line interface for AIPS++, and from it, users can combine computing elements to fit their needs. In addition, most simple graphical user interface (GUI) elements are implemented using a Tk addition to Glish. This addition allows users to control the GUI and the application within the same event-oriented scripting language.
Glish was originally developed for the Superconducting Super Collider (SSC) by Vern Paxson and Chris Saltmarsh at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory. Since 1995, Glish has been maintained and developed by Darrell Schiebel at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) as part of the AIPS++ project.

I don't know what this all means, but if you're interested, here's a link for the Superconducting Super Collider. It may have something to do with a move towards one world government:

http://www.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/ssc-and-future.html

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it was very thoughtful of God to include the definition!

Glish -- great reference, it goes well with the hex term. (Hexadecimal etc.) It reminds me of terabyte.

My search resulted in 897 Gleshes, one with an ancient prophecy, lol... gotta see it.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=38115&week=173

...There was an article on Sanskrit and the pronunciation of English/Englesh/ (Heck'sglesh for the conjoined Americas?) and "GLESH"="investigate" i.e., "not observe, not see".

...Part of the Lakota word for eagle...

... an olde Christmas song:
5. He took our glesh, to man akin,
Alle Alleluya.

I had a striking vision (and continued matter) late last year that might tie in with what you saw, but pm me if you're curious... I don't want to derail your thread.

Upvote 0

Keiko

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh-ohs, not the supercollider...

It just boggles the mind how any scientist would think making "a tiny little black hole that's probably going to disappear anyway" is a GOOD idea and there's nothing to worry about because there's only a teeny chance that it'll completely destroy the world.

Anyway, I'll take off my tinfoil hat now.

Upvote 0

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry this has nothing to do with the interpretation, but do you have any fam or friends who think you are operating in a demonic realm, and not a heavenly realm?

Did you know what that word meant before God showed you, or did you have to research it?

In the first dream, you were not too concerned or moved with the impending bad weather(physical) but were more concerned with the 'spiritual' bad weather, much the way you are in real life, correct?

brown represents sheep, blue can represent sky or the heavenlies, or a wound.

God will give you the complete interpretation if you ask.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
a large, brown book against a light blue background appeared. It opened to the middle of the book- it looked to be an old dictionary. It showed me the mid bottom right of the right page. The only definition that I could read was:

Hexglesh: prophet; devil.
This reminded me of verses where objects and events were named in an anthropomorphic way -- showing what goes on in the spirit world when tangible things happen.

Revelation 9:1-12 Greek

Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him.
Re 6:4 And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

Re 8:10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters.

The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite the dream. I am getting chills reading about your dream for some reason. I just get the sense that this is an ominous Spirit warning about the antichrist.
I'd love to hear what you have gotten from this dream. It is rather unusual to get a word & have it defined as far as I know. It's never happened to me & I can't recall reading about many other dreams where this occured.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is rather unusual to get a word & have it defined
(Hi, G-chick!)

There are some similarites between the definition dream, and when Jesus spelled out a parable. He made the analogies, then explained them afterward.

In the dreams interpreted by Jacob and Daniel, non-believers saw symbolisms and believers were given an interpretation.

I had a dream once where I felt an angel beside me said, "what color are you looking at?" -- pointing out that I needed to pay attention to symbolisms in the dream. The definitions weren't spelled out, but clarified without words.

It would seem easier to just get the whole message in a straightforward way, but I think analogies and symbolisms can breathe in more implications and understanding of the weight and seriousness.

In my color-dream, there were unseen players in the situation that had unclear intentions -- and as the understanding of the dream became clearer, I saw that they were behind the scenes in the situation, and were meant to be unseen and distanced.

Everything in a dream can have meaning and nuance, so write down every little thing that you sensed and observed, and what you felt about each object and person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angel_of_the_Lord

I shall serve God.
Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry this has nothing to do with the interpretation, but do you have any fam or friends who think you are operating in a demonic realm, and not a heavenly realm?

Did you know what that word meant before God showed you, or did you have to research it?

In the first dream, you were not too concerned or moved with the impending bad weather(physical) but were more concerned with the 'spiritual' bad weather, much the way you are in real life, correct?

brown represents sheep, blue can represent sky or the heavenlies, or a wound.

God will give you the complete interpretation if you ask.

No, no one has made a connection between my workings and the demon realm. The few people I've told about this dream thought it was from the Father, as did I. I've always been rather close to the spiritual realm, as I've been able to "sense" things. Not in a psychic way, but a discerning way.

I had also never heard of the word beforehand. I searched my existing knowledge to find if I had ever heard it or read it before, but I had not.

I wasn't worried about the weather in my dream, as I remember telling my family that the Lord has given us power to halt storms. When I saw the words scroll across the screen, I wasn't so much scared as curious. As in, I froze, narrowed my eyes, and thought, "What in the world...?" It was when I woke up I felt scared.

As for the symbolism of the book, I found that it looked, in detail, like this:

The whole book was huge and ancient. The outer cover was brown and very weathered. It seemed a bit tattered in places. The pages were the tinge of clean yellow that a well preserved book's pages turn over the course of many years. A royal-like red bookmark made of thin, shiny cloth marked a spot in the book- I can't remember whether it was the page it showed me or not. It may have been marking something else that may be revealed to me, but only time and the Creator will tell. Oh, the end of the bookmark had two points on it like a ribbon; like an upside down triangle had been cut out of it. It gave the bookmark the appearance that it would be in a book owned by a king.

The bookmark didn't give off any demonic influence. It was a beautiful red color, not satanic-looking. Perhaps representative of my Lord's blood.

The Creator will indeed reveal it to me, I'm sure. I'll understand it better by and by.

Upvote 0

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, no one has made a connection between my workings and the demon realm. The few people I've told about this dream thought it was from the Father, as did I. I've always been rather close to the spiritual realm, as I've been able to "sense" things. Not in a psychic way, but a discerning way.

I had also never heard of the word beforehand. I searched my existing knowledge to find if I had ever heard it or read it before, but I had not.

I wasn't worried about the weather in my dream, as I remember telling my family that the Lord has given us power to halt storms. When I saw the words scroll across the screen, I wasn't so much scared as curious. As in, I froze, narrowed my eyes, and thought, "What in the world...?" It was when I woke up I felt scared.

As for the symbolism of the book, I found that it looked, in detail, like this:

The whole book was huge and ancient. The outer cover was brown and very weathered. It seemed a bit tattered in places. The pages were the tinge of clean yellow that a well preserved book's pages turn over the course of many years. A royal-like red bookmark made of thin, shiny cloth marked a spot in the book- I can't remember whether it was the page it showed me or not. It may have been marking something else that may be revealed to me, but only time and the Creator will tell. Oh, the end of the bookmark had two points on it like a ribbon; like an upside down triangle had been cut out of it. It gave the bookmark the appearance that it would be in a book owned by a king.

The bookmark didn't give off any demonic influence. It was a beautiful red color, not satanic-looking. Perhaps representative of my Lord's blood.

The Creator will indeed reveal it to me, I'm sure. I'll understand it better by and by.
The fact that you've never seen the word is evident that this is a GOD dream. There's only been one time I've ever seen anything(written) in a dream. It was a name, and the name had a spiritual implication(which was good btw) It came to pass about 1 yr later. It was personal, and didn't have anything to do with the 'world', or revelations(chapter) etc.

All I can say to you is be watchful while in a constant state of prayer &praise.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was thinking of other spellings of "glesh," and realized I would naturally spell it as glesch, which sounded either German or Welch-Scottish, maybe.

Doing a search for Glesch yieled all sorts of results. It is a suburb of Bergheim, Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergheim,_North_Rhine-Westphalia

Niederaussem Power Station with world's tallest cooling tower is nearby.

"After the German retreat from the Ardennes, the 99th re-equipped and engaged in aggressive patrol action until February 1, 1945, when it attacked enemy forces in the Monshau Forest area and continued to advance and mop up enemy remnants until February 13th. A rest and training period followed until March 2nd when the 99th advanced towards Keln, crossed the Erft Canal near Glesch, and then cleared several towns west of the Rhine. "

http://www.jfgvictoryverlag.com/battlebabies/pg2.html

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
MAP and stats:

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/GM/7/Glesch.html
http://www.indexmundi.com/z/?lat=50.9666667&lon=6.5833333&t=p&r=19140&p=glesch&cc=gm&c=germany

The German word glesch appears related to gleich, which means alike, equal, momentarily.

(Ecke is corner, angle... hexen is witches) Gleich um die Ecke ist ein ... "Directly around the corner is a..."

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=h5ueE.&search=gleich

"At GLESCH, Task Force "Hogan" found a bridge that was not completely destroyed. About four platoons of infantry scrambled across on the remains to establish the first shallow bridgehead. Very heavy mortar and artillery fire and considerable small arms fire pinned this force to the ground.

"Meanwhile, bridging operations at GLESCH were held up because of direct enemy fire on the site. The small infantry force that had been able to cross could not advance sufficiently to take this fire off the site.

"The bridge at GLESCH continued to receive heavy mortar and artillery fire. At noon it collapsed, and repairs were not finished until midnight. At that time there were three crossings available. "

http://www.3ad.com/history/wwll/spearehead.west/g3.chapaters/rhineland.htm#anchor1045975

Upvote 0