An Olympics news story that may unify liberals and Christians:

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Keep making the uniforms smaller and they get less 'sexy' as far as I'm concerned. Oddly enough, if they kept the small bikini bottoms and wore a short skirt over them, then that would make it more sexy not less.

I live close to the beach and a lot of the girls go topless and seem to be wearing not much more than dental floss. But it's quite normal and no-one takes any real notice. But if a girl gets dressed, walks across the road from the beach and a gust blows up the hem of her skirt then you have cars driving off the road and guys walking into lamposts. Go figure.

I'm with the Norweigan girls. But they play beach volleyball in Norway? Summer temps are about 15 degrees. That's the average temp for Sydney this week and we're in the winter. They should be wearing tracksuit pants and a hoody.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm with the Norweigan girls. But they play beach volleyball in Norway? Summer temps are about 15 degrees. That's the average temp for Sydney this week and we're in the winter. They should be wearing tracksuit pants and a hoody.
Maybe they have an indoor arena?

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But they play beach volleyball in Norway? Summer temps are about 15 degrees. That's the average temp for Sydney this week and we're in the winter. They should be wearing tracksuit pants and a hoody.

We had consistently 25 to 30 degrees in Oslo in July. The sun is up 20 hours per day, and it never really gets dark even in the middle of the night

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We had consistently 25 to 30 degrees in Oslo in July. The sun is up 20 hours per day, and it never really gets dark even in the middle of the night

20 hours! I'd never get to sleep.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Summer temps are about 15 degrees. That's the average temp for Sydney this week and we're in the winter. They should be wearing tracksuit pants and a hoody.
full
Is this in Fahrenheit...?
We had consistently 25 to 30 degrees in Oslo in July.
full
This appears to be in Celsius...

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
full
Is this in Fahrenheit...?

full
This appears to be in Celsius...

All celsius. Oslo is a fair bit warmer than the average temp for Norway. And believe it or not, it's only the US, Myanmar and Liberia that still use Imperial units. Although places like the UK still use miles and pints. And, oddly enough, UK newspapers generally give you winter temps in C and summer temps in F.

Personally, even though I've used metric all my working life, if you say that someone is 150cm tall, I have to mentally convert it to feet. But if you say someone is 5 foot tall then I'll know straight away that they're quite short. And most Aussie surfers use feet for wave heights. Go figure...

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums