Franciscus12

Sep 9, 2010
✟7,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
An Ode to Corinthian Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres (I Corinthians 13:4-7)

Love so amazing! Love so sublime! Love so ecstatic! Love so divine!
Oh Corinthian Love how it alludes the human soul!
I cannot help but ponder upon such love each day but cannot grasp its full intent.
This love I have never seen heard or otherwise sampled.
It dulls the human senses to even comprehend.
Each day I ponder how to apply it to every situation I encounter or person I meet.
How can such a love exist?
How would I apply it to the most evil soul, one such as Adolph Hitler?
Why would he deserve such a love, my mere mortal soul cries out?
I never seem to have the patience it so demands.
Oh how can such a humble soul such as I achieve a love so great as this?
Mere mortal man’s most sublime definition fails completely in comparison.
How can he never right a wrong when in his world right is better than wrong?
Why is it seemingly impossible for man not to keep score of the wrong of others?
Did Jesus exemplify that love when he angrily drove the money changers from the temple?
When we execute a murderer or even jail one who breaks the law do we walk in that love?
To apply such love it would seem we are never to deliberately harm, injure or kill another for whatever reason whatsoever.
Such love I simply cannot fully fathom, but yet my soul deeply longs to obtain such a magnificent form of such love.
If one can achieve such love, mold it into every action one takes and words he or she speaks
marriages will last forever, friendships will never cease, wars shall be no more, true peace shall
reign throughout the earth, true justice finally triumphs, and righteousness shall prevail and evil shall be no more.
Oh such love may it penetrate my innermost being, may it encompass the whole earth and far beyond..
May it be absorbed by the oceans and even plummet the very bottom of this earth?
May it finally invade the depths of hell itself and cause the demons to flee who cannot understand any form of such love.
This world cannot survive nor the universe exist without it.
With its total absorption within us as believers we can finally return that
love back to the giver of it our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the alpha and omega of all perfect love.
Oh Lord, please fill me to overbursting with that love so as it bursts from my most innermost being
so it may be showered and absorbed by all with whom I meet. Amen!