• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

An OCD struggle

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone

I’m reaching out today for a very very hard struggle I’m facing,I’m sure people are familiar with how people with OCD are very introspective,that’s the case with me,I have no choice but to constantly examine motives and whaat I truly believe.

So today,my anxiety over apostasy is minimal,but it’s branched into something new,I have a tendency to worry about my hearts motives,etc. And im worried that my heart isn’t believing and im scared that I only believe on “the outside of my heart of hearts,and on the outside” and im even worried as to wether “im really worried” or worried on the “outside and not to the heart”

When I said the anxiety over apostasy branched into this I meant this by the parable of the soils.
Where apostates are people who didn’t come to saving faith in Jesus and only lasted awhile and feel away,I admit there are some things I wrestle with in the Bible but it’s scary to think that I “don’t truly believe,but only trying to,and living in a deceived state where I think I believe”
What started this was when I was playing a video game peacefully,then when I was thinking about Jesus being God in the flesh,

I thought “that sounds ridiculous” but then I was hit with “what have I just thought?!,I just thought that was ridiculous!,oh how horrible that is,I need to repent of that!”

Im having trouble with conviction of the spirit and evidence,I’m not objected to the truth, nor am I living as an unbeliever in disobedience,Im just constantly scared of my hearts condition,I’m scared of facing the lord and him saying “your heart was never inclined nor believing in me”

I just don’t understand why my heart just doesn’t have faith and believe.

PS:My parents don’t like me being online here,and may take my internet away,because of my increased anxiety.so I may be absent for awhile,please if that be the case;please keep me in your prayers and thoughts.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a tendency to worry about my hearts motives,etc. And im worried that my heart isn’t believing and im scared that I only believe on “the outside of my heart of hearts,and on the outside” and im even worried as to wether “im really worried” or worried on the “outside and not to the heart”

How did your vist to the physciricst go?

May I suggest something different.
Look at John 6:37 7 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

You areone of those that God the Father has chosen to give to Jesus as a believer.
Jesus is the one who is holding on to you, not you to him and he willensure that you are with him in heaven.

This doesn't mean your life will be easy, but if you trust in Jesus, then no matter what your ocd causes you to do, say, think or imagine, you will be kept by Jesus.

Try concentrating on praising Jesus for the positive things, count your blessings and thank God for them.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So today,my anxiety over apostasy is minimal,but it’s branched into something new,I have a tendency to worry about my hearts motives,etc.
full
Waiting...
(You should obsess more about treating/getting rid of it...)

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How did your vist to the physciricst go?

May I suggest something different.
Look at John 6:37 7 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

You areone of those that God the Father has chosen to give to Jesus as a believer.
Jesus is the one who is holding on to you, not you to him and he willensure that you are with him in heaven.

This doesn't mean your life will be easy, but if you trust in Jesus, then no matter what your ocd causes you to do, say, think or imagine, you will be kept by Jesus.

Try concentrating on praising Jesus for the positive things, count your blessings and thank God for them.
My psychiatrist visit is tomorrow,I’ll give an update on how it goes for sure

Upvote 0