✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi All,

Lately we have had a marked increase in reports from members of this forum teaching, debating, and goading members of TAW in their congregational forum. We have also seen an increased and marked tension between the two groups manifested in a number of complaints from both sides. This needs to stop please.

Here is a friendly reminder about the congregational posting rules located here.

Congregational Forum Restrictions, Christian Only Forums, and Off-Topic posts
Do not teach or debate in any Congregational Forum unless you are truly a member and share its core beliefs and teachings. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

This means that a member of one congregational forum can not go into a congregational forum where they are not a member and correct what they perceive to be an error. It also means that honest questions are allowed but veiled attempts at teaching or goading are not. It means that a member of another congregational forum can not come into OBOB and do the same.

Secondly, all posts and threads in the congregational forums are subject to CF's site wide posting rules. If a thread is started in any congregational forum that flames another denomination please report the thread instead of replying in it. Please let staff resolve the situation. If anyone has a question related to any posting issue please start a thread in the Member Services Center here. All inquiries, complaints, suggestions, etc. will be addressed.

Thanks for reading this and for your cooperation. May God bless you.

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟14,992.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you.

After yesterday's fiasco, this is needed.
I understand that OBOBers can't teach in TAW, but there is one member who seems to fly off the handle every time Catholicism is mentioned. A simple thread asking a question asking if the Orthodox view Mary in a similar way to Catholicism and they're making the accusation that the Non-Catholic OP is somehow trying to disturb the peace. Even to the point of making OP uncomfortable.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Because - and remember the thread to which you allude was posted before the statement by Hentenza , there were justified fears that there would be , before very long , posts telling us how our understanding was wrong .

I just looked at the thread and foresaw problems .

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you.

After yesterday's fiasco, this is needed.
I understand that OBOBers can't teach in TAW, but there is one member who seems to fly off the handle every time Catholicism is mentioned. A simple thread asking a question asking if the Orthodox view Mary in a similar way to Catholicism and they're making the accusation that the Non-Catholic OP is somehow trying to disturb the peace. Even to the point of making OP uncomfortable.

The thing is that the same complaint is mutual, hence, this thread. The perception of goading is an issue for both sides. Reputation seems to follow usernames. I have seen one start a question thread and all go well while I have seen others ask the same or similar question and all hell brake loose. Sometimes intentions are assigned and sometimes they are correct and sometimes they are not. All of us should know by now the sensitive topics.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear <fellow OBOBers>: Stay out of TAW. If you have a question, google it or read a book. It's been what, 600 years? Chances are someone has asked it better than you're able to and someone has answered it better than they're prepared to. Let them fellowship in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear <fellow OBOBers>: Stay out of TAW. If you have a question, google it or read a book. It's been what, 600 years? Chances are someone has asked it better than you're able to and someone has answered it better than they're prepared to. Let them fellowship in peace.

I edited your post. I know you meant it tongue in cheek but lets not go there. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
957 years.
It depends upon the time from whence the separation is measured:

The 'Photian Schism': 1,200 years, approx.

The 'Great Schism': 960 years, approx.

The Schism after the Council of Florence: 580 years approx.

In any course, one takes we've centuries to go and 'miles to go before we sleep'.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just extend the same courtesy of not debating or teaching that we ask for ourselves.

And also be respectful to not throw stones so to speak from behind the protection of OBOB. Both TAW and OBOB welcome fellowship and questions but teaching and telling them what they believe or need to do is not something we should be doing. Just like we don't like it when it happens to us.

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0