An Intro to the Biblical "High Holy days" (Fall Feasts)

RabbiJames

Jan 21, 2006
San Salvador
✟83,767.00
Country
El Salvador
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ROSH Hashanah or YOM TERUAH

A time of reflection, the king is coming, how do you want Him to find you? Where are you? Where are you supposed to be? Are you where you are supposed to be? Spiritually speaking? You know what is right and wrong. You know what the Torah teaches. Adonai’s instructions speak loud and clear, in black and white, is there interference? Static? If we are not where we need to be, we must “Shoov” ourselves around, before we end up in the deep end without knowing how to swim.

We must “turn” “repent” have a “change of mind and heart. We must “turn” and “return” back to the basics of the faith, back to the Torah of Adonai. If you fail and test, you must “return” to the books and study some more. You forgot your car keys, so you “return” to your house to get them. Or else, the car isn’t going anywhere, and neither are you. If our carnal self has overpowered your born-again, spiritual nature, then you must “return” to Yeshua, and repent of our sins. He told the adulterous woman; “I forgive you, go and sin no more”. Forgiveness and a change of heart and mind go together. Forgiveness…of our sins…. Completely…

Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah is also the beginning of the Civil New Year. The religious new year begins on Nissan 1, this is during the time of Passover, yet we celebrate during Rosh HaShannah (Head of the year) the birthday of the physical earth.

How do we know that the world was created on Rosh HaShannah many will ask? Rosh HaShannah is on the 1st of Tishrei according to the Hebrew calendar. The first word in Genesis is “B’reisheet” (In the beginning).

What happened in the beginning? Elohim created the heavens and the physical earth.

How do we spell “B’reisheet?” (Beit, Resh, Alef, Sheen, Yod, Tav). With these same letters (minus the Beit) we also spell “Tishrei Alef” (the 1st of Tishrei) (Tav, Sheen, Resh, Yod, Alef) So, is this coincidence? Or is there something to this idea?

So, “Return” “repent” and receive redemption. Make amends to those whom we have offended. Prepare for the coming King. On this day, sometime in the future, our King Yeshua will return at the last sound of the shofar. He will come to marry his bride, set up his kingdom, and rule for one thousand years. So rejoice, we are included.

YOM KIPPUR

Once every year, the high priest went into the Holy of Holies. There he met with YHVH. Could we say; “Face to Face?” if one could call the “Shekinah” above the mercy seat, God’s “face” (P’nei Elohim). He didn’t come empty-handed; he took blood in with him. The blood of animals was on his hands. It was sprinkled 7 times on the mercy seat. Under the mercy seat were the stone tablets of the commandments, the whole ones and the broken ones. Those broken commandments show our sinfulness, yet when the “Shekinah” looked down upon the mercy seat, He saw the blood before He saw the broken commandments. That blood “covered” man’s sins.

The blood of a bull, of a ram, of goats, of sheep. The bull symbolizes the strength of Adonai, the ram reminds us of the substitute for Yitzchak. Yitzchak was a sinner like we all are, yet the ram was innocent. We are sinners, Yeshua was not, yet He took our place, He is our substitute. The goats and sheep, remind us of Pesach, the “Lamb of G-d” who took upon Himself the sins of the world. The goats? Our sins that we nailed to the cross, and that we cast away, never to return.

Jewish tradition teaches that on Yom Kippur, the “Books are closed” and that “Judgment is final” but, is that really true? Does that show a God of mercy? It certainly does not. There is a lot of tradition in Judaism, some of it is based on Torah, some is just “man’s belief or idea” So, when are the “books closed” and “Judgement is final?” AT DEATH! We all have every opportunity to accept Yeshua as our LORD and Savior, Redeemer for our sins, and become part of “B’nei Elohim” (sons of God) as long as the breath of life is within us, but after physical death closes our eyes, then, judgment is indeed “Final” in whatever condition our soul is at death, it will be so for all eternity. Either lost or saved, there is no in-between.

A youth once asked a Messianic Rabbi the following question; “Rabbi, when is a good time to accept Yeshua as my LORD and personal savior?” to which the rabbi responded; “Well, about 5 minutes before you die. That would be a good time.” To which the youth responded; “But rabbi, I don’t know the time of my death, no one knows the time of one’s own death!” “All the more reason to accept Yeshua as your LORD and Savior right now!” replied the wise Rabbi

When we accept the sacrifice of Yeshua for our sins, He looks at us as if we were “white as snow” the blackness and darkness of sin contrasts with the pure white of holiness, of “tahor” and “Tamim”

As I said, it is a question of black and white, no in-between. The sacrifice of Yeshua puts our names in the “Book of Life” that is if we accept His free gift of “Yeshuah” “Yeshua” offers “Yeshuah” (a play on words or reality?). When we know we are saved, secure, forever, through the sacrifice of Yeshua, not once a year, year after year like in the days of old, but once and forever, not just “covered” but “completely atoned for” the debt paid once and forever, then, we should be happy! Joyous! Full of gladness! We thank Adonai that He came to earth as a man, a man who was God, and God who was man….which leads us to……………..

SUKKOT or THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES

On or around this time of year, our Messiah came to “tabernacle” among us all. Born as the Bread of Life, in the “House of Bread” (Beit-Lechem) He was born to teach Torah, to build things of wood, to heal the sick, to open blind eyes (both physically and spiritually), and finally, to pay of sin debt in full. It was the Father’s plan, from the beginning of time.

He lived among those who lived back then, and now He lives within us. He “tabernacles” inside our “tabernacles” made of flesh, bone, and blood. His spirit is alive within us. It is a week of rejoicing that He came and He made it possible for us to have fellowship once again with our Heavenly Father. It was when Solomon dedicated the first Temple. The reason for the eight lights of Hanukkah, remembering the Feast of Tabernacles, and yes, the “eighth day” When Yeshua said, “I AM the Living Water” (Ani HaMayim Chayim)

We celebrate the Bread of Life, who was born in the House of Bread, who is the Living Water, We need bread to live, we need water to live. He is BOTH. He created the water we drink, the bread we eat, the fruits of the trees, the willows and myrtles, the lemon-like etrogs, We can celebrate Sukkot as a time of Thanksgiving. (sure, you can eat turkey too during Sukkot) God created the gobblers too.

So….Turn and repent…..because He paid the price………so now REJOICE!

Rabbi Ben Avraham

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
King Yeshua will return at the last sound of the shofar. He will come to marry his bride, set up his kingdom,

The last trumpet blast is the longest.

Do you believe it can last for 10 days?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
What is happening in Yom Kippur is regarding the war for the minds of men and God’s ultimate purpose. It is in the minds of men that the real battle is fought, and when you only see the manifestations of it, in the action of those around us, you may miss the significance of what is really occurring. It is often the case where you can not see the forest because of the trees. For others it is you can not see the trees for the forest. Either end of the spectrum, it is a real spiritual battle that is taking place now. God’s true temple, where He wants to reign, is our minds. The feasts of God are the spiritual feasts that prepare us to become perfect children of God. The positions that God has planned for us since the beginning are services in His kingdom as His priests and kings. We are to enter into His kingdom knowing our responsibilities and all our duties that the different positions imply. All of which have been established from before the beginning. We are to be the Temple of God. We are the Temple where He wishes to dwell.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟169,995.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Shalom,

Just in today a very special day Yom Kippur, Greetings to all here.

I have ever taken part in Beijing Jewish Synagogue in Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur. Shared apple and honey in YOM TERUAH. It seems Most Jewish accept Rosh HaShanah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot as a series of high holy days. They would say: "Wish you a happy new year like Sweet honey."

And this is a whole view of Jewish holidays that I have learnt from my Messianic fellow:

Appointed Time
Christological Meaning

Sabbath (Shabbat) (Lev. 23:2-3)
Sabbath rest of creation, the final redemption and 1000-year reign of Messiah

Passover (Pesach) and Unleavened Bread (Lev. 23:4-8)
The Last Supper, Messiah our Passover Lamb, His death and burial

First Fruits of the Barley (Omer) (Lev. 23:9-14)
Messiah’s resurrection.

Pentecost (Shavuot) (Lev. 23:15-21)
The outpouring of Messiah’s Spirit just as the Torah was given at Sinai.

Long dry summer months without appointments
Messiah’s absence.

Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah, Rosh HaShanah) (Lev. 23:23-25)
The trumpet blast of the return of Messiah. The trumpets of the last days.

Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) (Lev. 23:26-32)
The atoning work of Messiah’s blood. The day of final judgment.

The Feast of Booths (Sukkot) (Lev. 23:33-44)
Sabbath rest of creation, the final redemption and 1,000-year reign of Messiah who will tabernacle among us.

I don't know the meaning of Jewish holidays deeply. Intrestingly Yom Kippur in Beijing time has passed, but in New York time it is still going. Wish you enjoy this special day though repentance offen brings painful rememberance. A song says: A Day a thousand years and a thousand years A Day. Yom Kippur is just this kind of day.

Thank you for your precious friendship. And pray for the relationship between Christians and Jews.

Yusuph :hug:

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟169,995.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Shabbat Shalom,

Sukkot is over here. I find I am hiding from Jewish traditions, because the Church does not like it. After I preached on last Sunday, In my local church I found some liked Jewish and Middle Eastern viewpoint but one of the leaders disliked. She has some opinions, E.G. “The Church is real Israel” ,”The Church has no sins”. But to me the ones who have true circumcision in heart are real Israelite. True Israelite would love Israel. The Israel Nation has the right of trade mark of the word “Israel”. If the church has no sins, the blame of Holy Spirit to the seven churches in Rev. is wrong.

And I translated Rabbi James's article "Yeshua loved Judas the Betrayer truely, Judas still had a chance to repent though he failed enventually" into Chinese (partly). Parasha "B'Shalach" (when he let go) EX 13:17-17:16

Anyway, Wish you a blessed Sukkot, and May the Lord live in you as a tabernacle.

Yusuph Hai

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
where did you find that in scripture Tone?
Yeshua himself invokes the imagery when he says, “They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.”

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeshua himself invokes the imagery when he says, “They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.”

yeah, i was asking where the 10 days of the final trumpet could be found in scripture:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
yeah, i was asking where the 10 days of the final trumpet could be found in scripture:)
This is why Joel says that Christ will come in the first month, both for the first coming and for the second, both in the spring and in the fall. Interesting that you find seven trumpets in Revelation and not many people have made any connection with the Feast of Trumpets. It would take understanding of the Feast of Trumpets throughout scripture and prophecy of

Old and New Testament prophets to glean concepts and understand the significance of the Feast of Trumpets. The Feast of Trumpets is about remembrances, a memorial, but the Bible does not tell us what we are supposed to remember! Neither the name of the festival or the meaning of the festival is made explicitly clear in the Bible. The symbolism of this festival is something of a mystery, a sort of Bible riddle begging to be solved. The Bible grants us only two sparse verses to explain the festival:

Leviticus 23:23,24 In the seventh month, on first day of the month, it will be for you a sabbath, a trumpet blast memorial, a sacred assembly. 24 All regular work you shall not do, and you shall cause to be brought near to the LORD an offering made by fire.

This memorial is yet to have an event to memorialize it. We have yet to fulfill this event. By faith we are to keep it. By faith, we are to understand it. So let us begin with the offering made by fire. To be tried in the fires, the cleansing spoken of, is to have a purification effect which will be total and complete just as it is in Yeshua. We are the offering, the sacrificing of our sins in the flesh, that we may live the spiritual life with Yeshua. The sacred assembly will be those who are looking forward to the fulfillment of the Feasts of Trumpets.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Remember Ephesians chapter 4 where it says this will not happen till we come together as a perfect man. Who do you suppose that one man is in type? They came together in type in the seventh month as one man and they began to build. Seventh month is when the Feast of Trumpets begins to sound. Another reason given for the blowing of the trumpet on the Feast of Trumpets is for to remember the resurrection of the dead. Understand the words of Isaiah 18:3 to be a prophecy directed to the dead. "As a banner is lifted on the mountains, you will see, and as a trumpet is sounded, you will hear." This was understood to mean that when the final trumpet will be blown, the dead would rise and see and hear again. One of the soon to come to pass events that we need to remember. The coming of Yeshua includes a great trumpet blast which wakes up those sleeping in the dust.

In his letter to the believers at Colossians, Paul states that all of the Biblical Festivals are "shadows of things to come, the substance of Christ." From the above list, it is obvious that the fall feasts are about the things to come. The list of remembrances reads like a synopsis of Jewish and Christian apocalyptic expectations in their proper order. The warning of impending judgment, the call to repentance, the fear of the Day of the LORD, the Ingathering of Israel, the rebuilding of the Temple, the final judgment, the resurrection of the dead and the coronation of the King are all familiar prophetic themes which both Jewish and Christian communities associate with the coming of Christ. It is clear that the Festival is ripe with end-times implications.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I lean more towards the seventh trumpet sounding long and hard throughout the last days from the Feast of Trumpets, through the Day of Atonement, and on through the Feast of Tabernacles right up to the eighth day. I think Joshua's encounter with taking Jericho is prophetic. Joshua had entered into the Promise Land, but they hadn’t taken any of it yet. Yeshua is face to face, talking with Joshua as the Captain of the Host.[1]

Jericho is going to fall in just a few hours. Joshua with ill-trained troops was about to embark on an impossible task of destroying this double wall fortified city, Jericho then but for us it is the spiritual Babylon that is about to fall.[2] Early in the morning, Joshua gets up early to see what the Lord has in store for them, and to discuss with the Lord how this all will come to pass. He sees this man with a sword drawn all the way out in a vision. This is a picture of Yeshua with the Word of God, sword fully drawn and plain for all to see. Not half way out but all the way out and totally revealed. It will be cutting, dividing the truth from the dross. Joshua sees it all and it gives Joshua the confidence to go and take the city. Seeing all of the Word of God in its true light will give you all the confidence you need to go and take the city promised. It is time for the whole book to be seen in its true light of Yeshua. [3]

At this point, the devil is bound up. He can’t come in or go out. The walls of lies come down, the truth is revealed, and there is no one to stop it this time. There is no one to twist it around and confuse the matter. With the marching around Jericho with the trumpets blaring and being lead by the priests carrying the Ark of the Covenant. Joshua is a type of Yeshua. They walked six days around this fortified city and they blew the trumpets.

There is something else very interesting about this story. Joshua, as a type of Yeshua, has not told His believers why until the seventh day. He has known for all this time but it was not until the morning of the seventh day that He tells them. We are approaching the morning of the seventh day?

Let’s read what he said. “And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into yours hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour. And you shall compass the city, all you men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt you do six days you will go around the city and it says, and seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day you shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets. And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.[4]

Notice that it is one shout, a great shout. Everybody will shout together. This is when the people shall ascend up with Him. There is a taking of the land next which will be when we return with Yeshua descending down in the City of God. There is a rising up in spirit that must take place before you can take the land. Joshua knew this but the people didn’t know it and yet seven times they encompass the city.[5]

That is the light of the dawning of the seventh day and the end of the sixth. The end of the sixth day is now. At the end of the sixth day, we are going to do more in one day than all of the six thousands years before. We are going to be totally involved in the finished work in one day. [6]

As it was in the days of Joshua many will not know it till the end of the sixth day and the beginning of the seventh what was about to happen. The world has been walking around for six thousand years wondering what believers are doing this for. But, praise God, at the dawning of the seventh day, Yeshua our Joshua stands up and says, "Shout; for the Lord has given you the city!"

You may have heard this before but, this clear sounding trumpet blows and you will hear it from your Heavenly Father. You are now going to know exactly how defeated the devil is and how you will rise up and Jericho will fall all in one day. When is that day? In

Revelation 4, John never left the earth but the Bible said he heard a truth and it was a voice speaking to him. You know what that voice said? “Come up hither.” He never left the earth. He left in spirit and came up and went higher until he saw a throne and one seated on that throne. That is the revelation we must see. We must see Yeshua on the throne high and lifted up. It has to do with coming into the marriage, Day of Atonement.

[1] Joshua 5:13-14
[2] Zephaniah 1:16
[3] Joshua 6:1
[4] Joshua 6:2-5
[5] Joshua 6:15
[6] Joshua 6:16

Upvote 0