United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is regarding Mr Barack Obama.

Love him, hate him doesn’t matter. I think it is A fascinating observation that for seven of his eight years virtually every negative thing that happened in the United States was because of his predecessor.

https://www.usnews.com/news/obama/articles/2010/02/09/obama-wont-abandon-blame-bush-strategy

And now positive change to our country is because of him.

https://ntknetwork.com/obama-blames-bush-for-his-economy-takes-credit-for-trumps/

When it comes to the economy keep in mind that the Excelerator changes happened after Mr. Obamas regulations and policies were reversed.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Love him, hate him doesn’t matter. I think it is A fascinating observation that for seven of his eight years virtually every negative thing that happened in the United States was because of his predecessor.

https://www.usnews.com/news/obama/articles/2010/02/09/obama-wont-abandon-blame-bush-strategy

https://ntknetwork.com/obama-blames-bush-for-his-economy-takes-credit-for-trumps/

When it comes to the economy keep in mind that the Excelerator changes happened after Mr. Obamas regulations and policies were reversed.
Yeah, I wonder if he writes the monologue for Jimmy Kimmel?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well after being ushered into office by Supreme Court Republicans, Bush II only gave us 2 of the longest wars in US history, one of which was based on total fabrications and caused literally hundreds of thousands of deaths. Oh and the global financial meltdown.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep every failure of Obama was blamed on Bush and every victory of Trump is given to Obama. Funny how that works.
Actually Trump's victory with Gorsuch was due to Mitch McConnell throwing out Senate precedent.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you continue the policies of the predecessor then eventually you share in the responsibility. As I dabble in statistics, rather than have a subjective lag of time in which one has to take responsibility, I prefer a set, predetermined time period that can be tested statistically. Now I know that every policy area would differ, but rarely would a t-2 (2 years) not be enough to see the results of a policy change.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep every failure of Obama was blamed on Bush and every victory of Trump is given to Obama. Funny how that works.
Truth hurts.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Did you get tired of posting negative stories about Democratic contenders in 2020?

Funny that your article is from after only one of his eight years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

What if it is true?

Sometimes the Truth hurts. You infer that Obama's policies were hurting the economy? Really? Well, lets look at some data and see if the actual real data supports what you imply

Unemployment-Rate_September.png

no. The data does NOT support you.

Look at the unemployment rate that Obama inherited, then look at the employment rate for EVERY YEAR HE WAS IN OFFICE, see that nice downward Trend? Notice the momentum that Trump inherited?

I know it is painful for GOP types to admit Obama did a good job, I know you'd rather pull your own teeth out with a pair of pliers. But the data does not lie.

Obama inherited 2 wars and a recession that almost was a world-wide Depression and yet GOP types have the memory of goldfish and conveniently forget all the stuff Obama did to include getting Osama Bin Laden. Obama restored US relations with the world but the GOP saw that as "being weak" yet when Trump kisses Kim Jung Un's backside on the world stage that is apparently to the GOP's liking and a sign of strength and being smart???

Ugghhh... I just wish the GOP would stop with the lying and red-washing of all things Obama and the incredible spin of all things Trump.

The truth hurts, and the truth is that Obama was awesome and Trump is horrible.

Now, the frustrating thing from my standpoint as an independent is that Trump has/had the potential to be awesome. He has/had the potential to go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents ever... but his own ego and narcissism and ignorance is getting in the way. For every step forward he takes he jumps two steps backwards... It is very frustrating to watch and doubly so to read his embarassing tweets on an almost daily basis...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well after being ushered into office by Supreme Court Republicans, Bush II only gave us 2 of the longest wars in US history, one of which was based on total fabrications and caused literally hundreds of thousands of deaths. Oh and the global financial meltdown.

Why didn’t Mr Obama end both of those wars, why did we loose more people during his terms than Bush’s?

Was economy down when he took office? Yep

Let’s see, 911, then more than 1,000,000 people transient after the hurricane

Those two events had great effect on the economy.

I didn’t like Bush’s spending methods, and that doesn’t excuse the economy, but those two national events sure did have an effect.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What if it is true?

Sometimes the Truth hurts. You infer that Obama's policies were hurting the economy? Really? Well, lets look at some data and see if the actual real data supports what you imply

View attachment 251816

no. The data does NOT support you.

Look at the unemployment rate that Obama inherited, then look at the employment rate for EVERY YEAR HE WAS IN OFFICE, see that nice downward Trend? Notice the momentum that Trump inherited?

I know it is painful for GOP types to admit Obama did a good job, I know you'd rather pull your own teeth out with a pair of pliers. But the data does not lie.

Obama inherited 2 wars and a recession that almost was a world-wide Depression and yet GOP types have the memory of goldfish and conveniently forget all the stuff Obama did to include getting Osama Bin Laden. Obama restored US relations with the world but the GOP saw that as "being weak" yet when Trump kisses Kim Jung Un's backside on the world stage that is apparently to the GOP's liking and a sign of strength and being smart???

Ugghhh... I just wish the GOP would stop with the lying and red-washing of all things Obama and the incredible spin of all things Trump.

The truth hurts, and the truth is that Obama was awesome and Trump is horrible.

Now, the frustrating thing from my standpoint as an independent is that Trump has/had the potential to be awesome. He has/had the potential to go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents ever... but his own ego and narcissism and ignorance is getting in the way. For every step forward he takes he jumps two steps backwards... It is very frustrating to watch and doubly so to read his embarassing tweets on an almost daily basis...

And it all resulted in one of the slowest recoveries in history.

As soon as his regulations and restrictions were removed it roared to life.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let’s see, 911, then more than 1,000,000 people transient after the hurricane

Those two events had great effect on the economy.

I didn’t like Bush’s spending methods, and that doesn’t excuse the economy, but those two national events sure did have an effect.

You think that hurricane Katrina and 9/11 lead to the Great Recession?

I used to teach the causes of the Great Recession. I'm laughing right now. Out loud. At you. My cat is worried.

The great recession was caused by excesses borne of deregulation, full stop. Credit default swaps and derivatives were exempted from key regulations late 1999 through 2003 allowing banks to invest depositor assets in highly risky and lightly-reported derivatives markets. This provided many of the incentives that lead to predatory lending practices in the mortgage industry. Because of the proliferation of credit default swaps on mortgage backed securities pushed on predatory (fraudulent) mortgages, the systemic risk of widespread financial collapse was too great for world governments to risk in the 2008 time frame and the bailout happened. The bailout took the form of short term loans to shore up the illiquidity in short/medium term lending markets AND the bailout pretty much paid for itself despite the press tossing around scary numbers like $1t.

Interestingly, the bailout in the US and Europe provided a nice, neat economic experiment. The 2009-2012 elections in Europe led to more conservative parties coming in to power. They favored contractionary policies and belt-tightening, while in the US Obama and the administration pushed for expansionary policies. Policies that the GOP criticized as reckless. Economists for the most part said the expansionary fiscal policy planned by Obama wasn't enough. Guess what happened? Growth in Europe fell off of a cliff, growth in the US was sub-par but positive => slow-recovery but MUCH better than what happened in Europe.

Meanwhile the right wing fever swamp (financial edition: Zero Hedge etc) came up with some nasty post-hoc rationalization that it was all Carter and Clinton pushing the Community Reinvestment Act [a response to racial redlining] and forcing banks to lend to the colored, poors. This was of course, rightfully shredded by analysts at the time (for instance, the overlending/foreclosure crisis also hit commercial properties in equal proportion to residential properties and commercial properties are not subject to the CRA but whatevs... the GOP had their line and would't let reality get in the way: filthy poor black people caused the crisis enabled by the Democrats)

There's your cliff notes version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And it all resulted in one of the slowest recoveries in history.

As soon as his regulations and restrictions were removed it roared to life.

What are you even talking about? Which "regulations and restrictions" that the Obama admin enacted, were removed by Trump, whose removal *has already gone into effect*, and caused additional, measurable GDP growth?

Do you know why we had a slow recovery? Boehner wouldn't give Obama the fiscal stimulus package anywhere near what we needed.

Guess what provides a natural experiment to that? Conservatives in Europe were swept into power 2009-2011 and THEY enacted MUCH tighter fiscal policy than even the modest amount Boehner let through. Guess who recovered faster? It was us.

Boehner choked us out. Not Obama.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

It's pretty common knowledge and can be checked with verifiable facts that the financial meltdown didn't start until January 20, 2009. Everybody knows that and so President Obama has no one to blame for the financial trials of his administration but himself. Everyone also knows that the stock market and employment stayed near 6,000 and near 12% respectively until January 20, 1017. All of that is just common knowledge and I can't imagine President Obama trying to take any credit for having done anything good for this country.

Owww! I bit my tongue. That always happens when I leave it in my cheek.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why didn’t Mr Obama end both of those wars, why did we loose more people during his terms than Bush’s?
The same reason American troop levels peaked in Vietnam Nam during Nixon’s term. Both inherited messes.

Obama’s Middle East and Central Asian policies were not much of an improvement and Trump has only stirred the stew. Bush had a vision that was based in the past. Obama just hoped it would go away and Trump can’t figure out how to please both Putin and the Saudi royals.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to teach the causes of the Great Recession. I'm laughing right now. Out loud. At you. My cat is worried.
. FYI

I stopped reading after this sentence.

Upvote 0