• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

An I too bad for God?

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have these voices in my head that keep telling me I'm a horrible person and that God doesn't love me. One voice says if I were a good person, God would save me from the voices, but I'm not, so I will rot in hell. So, I worry a lot that I'm too bad to be saved. I feel like I'm guilty of really serious sins, and that God forgives the little sins but not the big ones. I keep thinking to myself, "If only I were a good person, God would love me." I keep saying, "If only I were good like most people are." Am I too bad for God?

All day long these voices talk to me and say that if I were good, God would save me.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Even if you have committed serious sins, you can still seek God's forgiveness. It sounds to me like you could benefit from talking to a pastor or a priest. May God grant you peace and my He guide you every day.

• Winner
Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0

Maryna S.

Nov 23, 2018
Sacramento
✟16,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have these voices in my head that keep telling me I'm a horrible person and that God doesn't love me. One voice says if I were a good person, God would save me from the voices, but I'm not, so I will rot in hell. So, I worry a lot that I'm too bad to be saved. I feel like I'm guilty of really serious sins, and that God forgives the little sins but not the big ones. I keep thinking to myself, "If only I were a good person, God would love me." I keep saying, "If only I were good like most people are." Am I too bad for God?

All day long these voices talk to me and say that if I were good, God would save me.

Hello there! First of all I am praying for you, can't imagine how hard that must be. No one is "too bad to be saved", all of us have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God Romans 3:23 . If you were good enough and did many good deeds, yet still did "little sins", you would still be under God's wrath and would have to pay for those sins on judgment day (Hell). God is a holy God and demands perfection, so how can we filthy, wretched sinners be forgiven, be called children of God, be heirs???? It is all by God's grace!!! "For by GRACE you have been saved through faith and that NOT OF YOURSELF, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works so that no one may boast." Ephesians 2:8-9. Salvation is a free gift to all those who believe, we do not deserve it, we deserve God's righteous judgment. If you think you are "too bad for God", ask yourself have you truly repented of your sins and put your trust in Christ? If not repent for today if you hear His voice do not harden your heart! Today is the day of salvation, because you do not know if there will be a tomorrow. If you have repented and are facing doubts, look towards Christ. Look at His promises. Ephesians 1:13 Once you believe in Christ you are sealed until He returns. We are still in our fleshly bodies that want to sin and do evil, everyday is a battle with the Spirit and the flesh. Romans 7:18-20 Romans 7:24-25 Press on to Maturity, don't doubt because Christ has done it all "It is finished!" we now need to trust in Him and his promises. For when has God's word not come to pass?

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the kind responses. I keep thinking that there are good people and bad people in the world, just like the wheat and the chaff. In The Bible, it says that some people are lambs and some people are goats. So, I keep thinking that the world is divided into bad and good people. I feel like I'm not good enough to be considered a "lamb."

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I keep thinking that there are good people and bad people in the world, just like the wheat and the chaff. In The Bible, it says that some people are lambs and some people are goats. So, I keep thinking that the world is divided into bad and good people. I feel like I'm not good enough to be considered a "lamb."
There are saved people who are devoted to Jesus and [not yet] saved people who are not.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @SnowTiger, remember that God knows who and what we are (sinners), but He chooses to save us anyway :amen:

Remember too that God is in the business of saving both the sick and the wicked, not those who believe themselves to be righteous.

Mark 2
17 Jesus said to them, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Romans 4
5 To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

--David

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I'm not good enough to be considered a "lamb."
You're not :preach: Of course, none of the rest of us are either ;)

In fact, the only reason that anyone will ever be considered to be, "good enough", is because of the One who died on the Cross in our stead (He also lived a life of perfect obedience and righteousness before the Father for us, the life that we needed to live before Him but could not).

So no worries, while you have no hope of being "good enough" on your own, the One who died on your behalf certainly is :amen: Jesus is our only innocence, our only righteousness, and the only atonement for our sins.

Yours and His,
David

2 Corinthians 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,917.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep thinking that there are bad people and good people. Some people are bad and some are good. I keep thinking that I'm just plain bad and there is no hope for me. :(

I am sure there were a lot worse people that became christians, the apostle Paul persecuted christians to kill them, you are a murderer, an adulterer or something? even if you are you can get forgiveness from Him, he paid the price for us.
You only need to be willing to change, if you cannot change yourself Jesus can change you. Seek Him and put your trust in Him and you are not going to get dissapointed.
Pray for a closer relationship with Jesus.

And those voices are lying to you!

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0