An Exposition of Eph.1:15-23. Christ's Resurrection! The power to enthrone His image over all creation, that the coming Age may come!

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
15 Because of this I also, having heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and the love to all the saints, 16 do not cease giving thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers,

Because of this I also
... because of our redemption which he just was speaking about in the previous verse, In the letter to the Colossians, the Apostle Paul says that this love that is manifested to the saints, is for the Hope that is laid up for them in the Heaven; the working service of building up the body of Christ, is for the hope of the appearing of Christ in the heavenly realm, and our appearing with Him in glory (Col.1:4-5,23,27; 3:1-4).

17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of the glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the recognition of him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, for your knowing what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance within the Holy ones.

Paul’s prayer is for growth of maturity, that they continually grow in wisdom and revelation from learning the truth of who God is in the person of Christ. In order that they may know what is required from them that they attain unto the hope to which they have been graciously called (Phil.3:12) (in how we will appear with Christ in the heavenly realm, Col. 3:1-4,). That this hope to which we have been called becomes a living reality. For us to know the greatness of the inheritance that God has allotted unto us, as His corporate image in the middle of the divine counsel (Col.1:12; cp.Ps.89:5-8); this becomes the driving force to endure, by growing in the loving presence of God, in our knowing Him, energizes us to fulfill the working service that has been given us (Eph.3:19-21; 4:12-30).

19 and what the greatness of His power to us who are believing, according to the working of the power of His might,20 which He wrought in the Christ, having raised him out of the dead, and did set [him] at His right hand in the heavenly [places], 21 far above all principality, and authority, and might, and lordship, and every name named, not only in this age, but also in the coming one;22 and all things He did put under his feet, and did give him -- head over all things to the assembly, 23 which is his body, the fulness of the all (the cosmic geographical locations), wherein all (of God’s glory) fills.

Paul is revealing the power that is accessible unto us who are believing in the operation of God, who are believing that God raised Christ out from the dead ones, and in our union with Him by the baptism of the Spirit (Col.2:12), His headship has been given to us over the evil powers in the heavenly realm; as the channel through which God’s liberates us through His life-giving power (Eph.2:5-8). Believing that as God’s power over came the forces of darkness and raised Christ out from the dead as head over the order of creation (Col.1:15-18), this same power is at work in us, to overcome the powers of the order of this present Age (Eph.2:1-3; 6:12); in order to redeem us unto our inheritance, and bring in the coming age, the times for the restoration of all things (Phil.3:20-21; cp. Acts.3:19-21).

When we are enthroned with Christ upon the thrown of the ages [1] at the investiture (the appearing of Christ) of the one New corporate Man as God's image (1Tim.1:17; 6:16; lit. King of the Ages. cp. Col.3:10), God’s glory will then begin the ordering process, turning the time wheel of the cosmos from this age, into the next age, where God’s glory will fill all of creation during the appointed seasons (Eph.1:10).

God’s power through the Head of the New man will bring in the New creation through His body, by redeeming us into our inheritance. This is why we are the fullness of all that is to be filled, it is Gods power flowing through us towards the perfection of the one New Man (Col.1:28-29; 3:10; 4:12; Eph.2:15; 4:13, 24, 30), that the day of our redemption may come, to bring in the filling of all that is to be filled.

[1] See Ezek.1:26; Heb. 1:2; 11:3; wrongly translated worlds, it should be translated Ages (i.e. Mt.24:3, used in the singular form. Age), the lord fixed the time of creation. The ages of the constellations (Job.38:31-33).
[2] Gen. 2:6-7; 10-14.

Last edited:

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
15 Because of this I also, having heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and the love to all the saints, 16 do not cease giving thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers,

Because of this I also... because of our redemption which he just was speaking about in the previous verse, In the letter to the Colossians, the Apostle Paul says that this love that is manifested to the saints, is for the Hope that is laid up for them in the Heaven; the working service of building up the body of Christ, is for the hope of the appearing of Christ in the heavenly realm, and our appearing with Him in glory (Col.1:4-5,23,27; 3:1-4).

17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of the glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the recognition of him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, for your knowing what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance within the Holy ones.

Paul’s prayer is for growth of maturity, that they continually grow in wisdom and revelation from learning the truth of who God is in the person of Christ. In order that they may know what is required from them that they attain unto the hope to which they have been graciously called (in how we will appear with Christ in the heavenly realm). That this hope to which we have been called becomes a living reality. For us to know the greatness of the inheritance that God has allotted unto us, as His corporate image in the middle of the divine counsel; this becomes the driving force to endure, by growing in the loving presence of God, in our knowing Him, energizes us to fulfill the working service that has been given us (Eph.3:19-21; 4:12-30).

19 and what the greatness of His power to us who are believing, according to the working of the power of His might,20 which He wrought in the Christ, having raised him out of the dead, and did set [him] at His right hand in the heavenly [places], 21 far above all principality, and authority, and might, and lordship, and every name named, not only in this age, but also in the coming one;22 and all things He did put under his feet, and did give him -- head over all things to the assembly, 23 which is his body, the fulness of the all (the cosmic geographical locations), wherein all (of God’s glory) fills.

Paul is revealing the power that is accessible unto us who are believing in the operation of God, who are believing that God raised Christ out from the dead ones, and in our union with Him, and His headship over the evil powers in the heavenly realm, that has been given to us as the channel through which God’s liberates us through His life-giving power (Eph.2:5-8). Believing that as God’s power over came the forces of darkness and raised Christ out from the dead as head of the new cosmic order, this same power is at work in us, which is able to redeem us unto our inheritance, and bring in the coming age of the new creation.

When we are enthroned with Christ on the thrown of the cosmic time wheel of the ages [1] at the investiture (the appearing of Christ) of the corporate New Man, God’s glory will then begin to flow out and begin the ordering process of the appointed seasons, transitioning this age, into the next age of the new creation, where God’s glory will fill all.

God’s power through the Head of the New man will bring in the New creation through His body, by redeeming us into our inheritance (Phil.3:20-21). This is why we are the fullness of all that is to be filled, it is Gods power flowing through us towards our perfection, that the day of our redemption may come, to bring in the filling of all that is to be filled.

[1] Ez.1:26.
"cosmic time wheel of the ages" ??

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"cosmic time wheel of the ages"
sorry for not giving more information on that description, i have to prepare more, and study it more before i felt i could explaine it. but here is a quote from Michael Heiser that i think will help.

“The wheels within wheels under a platform were cherubim, four faces facing in different directions. On top of them you have around flat throne dice, with the throne on top for the deity or the king. Every element of that description is found and known from Babylonian iconography or Phoenician iconography, In some cases Canaanite iconography. But the Babylonian stuff is important. Why? Because Ezekiel is still in Babylon. What he's actually doing is not describing a spacecraft, he's describing an enthroned deity. But who does he have on the throne? He has the God of Israel on a throne that people both from Israel and Babylonians would understand. That it's the Israelites, God that is in control of time and space, the universe, the heavens, the flow of history, all this and you say, why do you put it in those terms? It's because of the cherubim It's not an accident that the four faces of the cherubim are the four Iconographic images. Of the cardinal points of the Zodiac in Babylon (the astrological ages, my comment), what is being described here is who is the deity. The question is asked who is the deity that controls the flow of time? Who's on the heavenly throne in charge of what is happening? It's not Marty of Babble. It's the God of Israel, and so Ezekiel 's message to the captives there sitting by the river Kabar. Is yeah, you're in a bad place. Yes, Nebuchadnezzar just conquered you. And you might think that Marduk has conquered our God, but he hasn't. That God is in charge. The God of Israel is in charge of you here, and He knows. And dictates and directs how history is going to run from this point on.” (Michael S. Heiser)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I changed the way i wrote it in two places underlined. and added a foot note. this is a working progress but if the language that i wrote seems strange look at the back of the dollar bill. hope you will understand what i mean.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because of this I also
... because of our redemption which he just was speaking about in the previous verse, In the letter to the Colossians, the Apostle Paul says that this love that is manifested to the saints, is for the Hope that is laid up for them in the Heaven; the working service of building up the body of Christ, is for the hope of the appearing of Christ in the heavenly realm, and our appearing with Him in glory (Col.1:4-5,23,27; 3:1-4).

Paul’s prayer is for growth of maturity, that they continually grow in wisdom and revelation from learning the truth of who God is in the person of Christ. In order that they may know what is required from them that they attain unto the hope to which they have been graciously called (Phil.3:12) (in how we will appear with Christ in the heavenly realm, Col. 3:1-4,). That this hope to which we have been called becomes a living reality. For us to know the greatness of the inheritance that God has allotted unto us, as His corporate image in the middle of the divine counsel (Col.1:12; cp.Ps.89:5-8); this becomes the driving force to endure, by growing in the loving presence of God, in our knowing Him, energizes us to fulfill the working service that has been given us (Eph.3:19-21; 4:12-30).

Paul is revealing the power that is accessible unto us who are believing in the operation of God, who are believing that God raised Christ out from the dead ones, and in our union with Him by the baptism of the Spirit (Col.2:12), His headship has been given to us over the evil powers in the heavenly realm; as the channel through which God’s liberates us through His life-giving power (Eph.2:5-8). Believing that as God’s power over came the forces of darkness and raised Christ out from the dead as head over the order of creation (Col.1:15-18), this same power is at work in us, to overcome the powers of the order of this present Age (Eph.2:1-3; 6:12); in order to redeem us unto our inheritance, and bring in the coming age, the times for the restoration of all things (Phil.3:20-21; cp. Acts.3:19-21).

When we are enthroned with Christ upon the thrown of the ages [1] at the investiture (the appearing of Christ) of the one New corporate Man as God's image (1Tim.1:17; 6:16; lit. King of the Ages. cp. Col.3:10), God’s glory will then begin the ordering process, turning the time wheel of the cosmos from this age, into the next age, where God’s glory will fill all of creation during the appointed seasons (Eph.1:10).

God’s power through the Head of the New man will bring in the New creation through His body, by redeeming us into our inheritance. This is why we are the fullness of all that is to be filled, it is Gods power flowing through us towards the perfection of the one New Man (Col.1:28-29; 3:10; 4:12; Eph.2:15; 4:13, 24, 30), that the day of our redemption may come, to bring in the filling of all that is to be filled.

[1] See Ez.1:26; Heb. 1:2; 11:3; wrongly translated worlds, it should be translated Ages (i.e. Mt.24:3, used in the singular form. Age), the lord fixed the time of creation. The ages of the constellations (Job.38:31-33).
[2] Gen. 2:6-
What are your thoughts as to COL 2:12 where you wrote Baptism of the Spirit and Col 2:12 does not have SPIRIT in that verse or did you leave out a verse ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your thoughts as to COL 2:12 where you wrote Baptism of the Spirit and Col 2:12 does not have SPIRIT in that verse or did you leave out a verse ?

dan p
The context of the circumcision that was made without hands, likewise the baptism (Rom.6:1-4;1 Cor.12:12). This is spiritual identification with his death, life, and ascension. "Forgiving us all our trespasses". freeing us from the powers (Col. 2:10-13)

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry for not giving more information on that description, i have to prepare more, and study it more before i felt i could explaine it. but here is a quote from Michael Heiser that i think will help.

“The wheels within wheels under a platform were cherubim, four faces facing in different directions. On top of them you have around flat throne dice, with the throne on top for the deity or the king. Every element of that description is found and known from Babylonian iconography or Phoenician iconography, In some cases Canaanite iconography. But the Babylonian stuff is important. Why? Because Ezekiel is still in Babylon. What he's actually doing is not describing a spacecraft, he's describing an enthroned deity. But who does he have on the throne? He has the God of Israel on a throne that people both from Israel and Babylonians would understand. That it's the Israelites, God that is in control of time and space, the universe, the heavens, the flow of history, all this and you say, why do you put it in those terms? It's because of the cherubim It's not an accident that the four faces of the cherubim are the four Iconographic images. Of the cardinal points of the Zodiac in Babylon (the astrological ages, my comment), what is being described here is who is the deity. The question is asked who is the deity that controls the flow of time? Who's on the heavenly throne in charge of what is happening? It's not Marty of Babble. It's the God of Israel, and so Ezekiel 's message to the captives there sitting by the river Kabar. Is yeah, you're in a bad place. Yes, Nebuchadnezzar just conquered you. And you might think that Marduk has conquered our God, but he hasn't. That God is in charge. The God of Israel is in charge of you here, and He knows. And dictates and directs how history is going to run from this point on.” (Michael S. Heiser)

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Contested Rule: The Divine Warrior in the Jewish Scriptures

For modern readers, the idea of God participating in warring activities might on first glance appear out of place. Yet a careful reading of biblical texts and other documents from the ancient Near East reveals images related to deities in battle. Babylonian and Canaanite writers perceived the cosmos to be contested territory. In these texts, the gods vie for sovereignty over the world and must earn their rightful place on the cosmic throne by winning victory over contenders. Adela Yarbro Collins’s summary of the paradigm of divine conflict provides a helpful starting point:

The pattern depicts a struggle between two divine beings and their allies for universal kingship. One of the combatants is usually a monster, very often a dragon. This monster represents chaos and sterility, while his opponent is associated with order and fertility. Thus, their conflict is a cosmic battle whose outcome will constitute or abolish order in society and fertility in nature. (Combat Myth, 57) (Scott C. Ryan).

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Believing that as God’s power over came the forces of darkness and raised Christ out from the dead
The forces of darkness have not been overcome yet on earth. Indeed, they are nothing in power , nothing at all, to God , yet the deception continues overwhelmingly.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The context of the circumcision that was made without hands, likewise the baptism (Rom.6:1-4;1 Cor.12:12). This is spiritual identification with his death, life, and ascension. "Forgiving us all our trespasses". freeing us from the powers (Col. 2:10-13)
In your verse in Col 2:12 reads BURIED with him in BAPRISM , and your thoughts as to what the Greek BAPTIISM means is it WATER BAPRISM ?

Or is it SPIRIT BAPTISM ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because of this I also

[1] See Ezek.1:26; Heb. 1:2; 11:3; wrongly translated worlds, it should be translated Ages (i.e. Mt.24:3, used in the singular form. Age), the lord fixed the time of creation. The ages of the constellations (Job.38:31-33).
[2] Gen. 2:6-7; 10-14.
Do you see the 1,000 years for Israel to rule over the nations, (under Christ)?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you see the 1,000 years for Israel to rule over the nations, (under Christ)?
And if you do believe that Israel will rule for 1000 years over the nations , under Christ , I am with you !!

dan p

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0