Georgetown
✟15,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the link below, from which the following excerpt is taken, contains an apt depiction of the history of the Body of Christ. Let me know what you think.

“… The “consummate” mission, begin with an expeditionary force of “one” conscripted on the road to Damascus (cf. Act 9:15), baptized and indwelt by the Spirit, and empowered with the “provisional” gifts of the Spirit.

Paul with the gift of all knowledge, spoke “with the tongues of men and of angels” (cf. 1Co 13:1), and with the gift of prophecy (cf. 1Co_13:2) he literally spoke forth the Word of God as he circumnavigated an empire…”

An Expeditionary Force of One

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ben and welcome

As your first post, to me it was a winner.

Right at the end where Paul is describing who stayed where and about his cloak, I believe that God opened my eyes to the fact that Paul was describing the beginnings of what we know to be the Great Apostasy (Falling away) and that the majority of those that did fall away were the Jewish Believers, not the Gentiles, if this is true, then what we see in the Scriptures about losing ones Salvation can be explained in these verses.

At this point right now I am so full, I just needed to tell you what I think I saw and understand, thanks for the link

Be Blessed in Christ.

Upvote 0

Ben5708

Sep 7, 2019
Georgetown
✟15,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ben and welcome

As your first post, to me it was a winner.

Right at the end where Paul is describing who stayed where and about his cloak, I believe that God opened my eyes to the fact that Paul was describing the beginnings of what we know to be the Great Apostasy (Falling away) and that the majority of those that did fall away were the Jewish Believers, not the Gentiles, if this is true, then what we see in the Scriptures about losing ones Salvation can be explained in these verses.

At this point right now I am so full, I just needed to tell you what I think I saw and understand, thanks for the link

Be Blessed in Christ.

Upvote 0

Ben5708

Sep 7, 2019
Georgetown
✟15,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your kindness.

I felt the same when God opened my eyes some time ago when first confronted by the reality that the church in Paul’s final epistle was already was nigh to “ruin” ─ yet, how could that be?

Then discovered that Darby had made the same observation almost 150 years earlier.

It appears that Paul’s “last days” description of the church of his day, is a semblance of the “last days” church of today.

Yet, could it be that “the last days” have ever been “at handin all ages and in all dispensations?

Upvote 0