✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
American Muslims raise money to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
My heart is touched by the generosity of these Muslims.

I am reminded of the generosity of the very small Jewish community in my town when a local mosque was vandalized with swastikas and other graffiti. They immediately sent a huge flower arrangement to comfort their Muslim brothers and sisters.

May we all be inspired by their cooperation to work for interfaith cooperation.

American Muslims are stepping forward to support the Jewish community.

The most recent effort, a fundraising campaign started by Muslim-American activists to help repair a vandalized historic Jewish cemetery, had garnered more than $65,000 donations as of Wednesday morning – more than triple the initial goal.

The raised funds will now also be used towards supporting other vandalized Jewish centers across the country, according to organizers Linda Sarsour and Tarek El-Messidi.

“Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate, desecration, and violence in America,” they wrote on the crowdfunding website Launch Good.

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance with Islam is a one way street. In Western countries they cry for acceptance and protest that fear and Islamaphobia is irrational and yet in the Muslim dominated countries there is no acceptance of anything not Islamic. The future of Sweden, Germany and France is one of civil war with Islam as their size of population grows they will want Sharia and eventually over time will want to take over the whole government. This is certain. I am all for being a good neighbor but Islam and Christianity are incompatible. Christians believe Jesus is God the only begotten son of the Father and part of the trinity. Islam declares God never had or ever will beget a son. This here is an impasse. The statute of Liberty is a Masonic Illuminati symbol and it is appropriate that you use if for propaganda.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance with Islam is a one way street. In Western countries they cry for acceptance and protest that fear and Islamaphobia is irrational and yet in the Muslim dominated countries there is no acceptance of anything not Islamic. The future of Sweden, Germany and France is one of civil war with Islam as their size of population grows they will want Sharia and eventually over time will want to take over the whole government. This is certain. I am all for being a good neighbor but Islam and Christianity are incompatible. Christians believe Jesus is God the only begotten son of the Father and part of the trinity. Islam declares God never had or ever will beget a son. This here is an impasse. The statute of Liberty is a Masonic Illuminati symbol and it is appropriate that you use if for propaganda.
I agree, the two religions are worlds apart.
I have no trouble with anybody practicing their religion... as long as it does not break any of the laws of the land they live in, harm anyone else, respects the rights of the other religions, does not demand special treatment and or rituals that violate the laws of the land or the rights and freedoms of other people in the land.

I am really concerned that we do not see an outrage from the people of the Muslim faith when there are actions of violence and terrorism towards people of non Muslim faith.

When there is an act against the people of the Muslim faith, in my Country, there is public outrage against these unacceptable acts. The people then rally to support these people who are trying to live peacefully and worship in their own way....

However, outright blatant acts of violence against Christians and Jews, by people claiming to be of the Muslim faith, from what I can see, are answered with silence from the people of Islam... this concerns me.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am astonished, in a thread which demonstrates the extraordinary generosity of the Muslim community in assisting the grieving families at the desecrated Jewish cemetery, that it is followed by two posts criticizing Muslims.

I repeat. I am astonished--and horrified. The Muslim community initially tried to raise $20,000 in a month to help reconstruct the Jewish cemetery. Instead, they raised $20,000 in three hours. They have raised $65,000, and are saving it to help the Jewish community if other synagogues of temples are desecrated.

Think outside the box. Look around you. See the extraordinary generosity of people making an interfaith effort to improve relations and make a real difference.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am astonished, in a thread which demonstrates the extraordinary generosity of the Muslim community in assisting the grieving families at the desecrated Jewish cemetery, that it is followed by two posts criticizing Muslims.

I repeat. I am astonished--and horrified. The Muslim community initially tried to raise $20,000 in a month to help reconstruct the Jewish cemetery. Instead, they raised $20,000 in three hours. They have raised $65,000, and are saving it to help the Jewish community if other synagogues of temples are desecrated.

Think outside the box. Look around you. See the extraordinary generosity of people making an interfaith effort to improve relations and make a real difference.

I am not in the least bit surprised at the two posts criticizing Muslims. It seems to be the norm for many Christians, but if anyone dares to criticize Christians or Christianity, outcries of persecution and "Do Not Judge Me" posts quickly follow.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And thank you, @Fantine, for posting the article. It brings to my mind Jesus' parable of the Good Samaritan and it reminds me of his words, "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Well, here we go.....

"Horrified by the criticizing of Muslims".

That was your response.

Now, since you did not indicate by "quoting" my post, but since it follows directly after my post, I must assume that this is directed at me and another post.

Let me clear this up. I have no problems with Muslim People or their religion. I have no problem with them having mosques and time for worship. These are basic rights and freedoms of all people of all religions. And, they should be.

I think that it is fantastic that they have raised the money as you have stated. This same generosity was seen in Canada, in my home town when some moron burned their mosque.

This is the type of response, to vandalism and hatred toward any religious structure or monument or people, that should be the norm. Not some rare event.

However, in the past few years, support for the victims and outrage toward the activists, has been very silent when Christians and Jews have been terrorized, killed and publicly beheaded by people claiming to be of this faith.

If anything of this sort was to be done in the name of Christ, would you not expect to see obvious and substantial outrage toward the guilty and full support toward the people who were victimized?

This is what I am concerned about. Do you not see what I see?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jack, you said:
However, outright blatant acts of violence against Christians and Jews, by people claiming to be of the Muslim faith, from what I can see, are answered with silence from the people of Islam... this concerns me.

After I told you about Muslims raising $65,000 in three hours--you had your proof. But yet you said, "From what I can see, are answered by silence."

It seemed as if you read this inspiring news and decided to ignore it because you had your mind made up. I shared this news so that people would see interfaith relations in a different, more positive way, and have hope.

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jack, you said:

After I told you about Muslims raising $65,000 in three hours--you had your proof. But yet you said, "From what I can see, are answered by silence."

It seemed as if you read this inspiring news and decided to ignore it because you had your mind made up. I shared this news so that people would see interfaith relations in a different, more positive way, and have hope.
Actually, it is refreshing to see this. I think it should be something that becomes more common.

You must understand that I do not see this as the norm. I encourage it though.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0