STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just saw an OP that brought up old memories for me. A time of backsliding that led me to an encounter with demons. Two to be precise, but don't ask me how I know this, I just do. I would wake up in the morning to the tune of old spiritual hymns, but the lyrics would be changed to the blasphemous. I had just returned to the Lord from a terrible backsliding and I prayed he would take the demons from me. He did almost instantaneously, as though it were just a matter of my asking. Those demons remained outside the perimeter of my backyard fence for awhile, and then were gone. I don't think it was a year later, I suddenly felt the presence of one of those demons who I percieved was departing and said to me as he left "a little piece of [bad word] like you". Immediately I understood it was the demon returning just as the Lord said they do (Luke 11:24-26), and the Lord was sending him away again but had allowed me to perceive it.

Not sure why I'm sharing this, maybe someone out there going through something similar. But if anyone else has an experience they would like to share, feel free.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just saw an OP that brought up old memories for me. A time of backsliding that led me to an encounter with demons. Two to be precise, but don't ask me how I know this, I just do. I would wake up in the morning to the tune of old spiritual hymns, but the lyrics would be changed to the blasphemous. I had just returned to the Lord from a terrible backsliding and I prayed he would take the demons from me. He did almost instantaneously, as though it were just a matter of my asking. Those demons remained outside the perimeter of my backyard fence for awhile, and then were gone. I don't think it was a year later, I suddenly felt the presence of one of those demons who I percieved was departing and said to me as he left "a little piece of [bad word] like you". Immediately I understood it was the demon returning just as the Lord said they do (Luke 11:24-26), and the Lord was sending him away again but had allowed me to perceive it.

Not sure why I'm sharing this, maybe someone out there going through something similar. But if anyone else has an experience they would like to share, feel free.
I can relate. When I turned away from hypocrisy towards the truth I began to experience entities as well. It almost felt like they were very upset that I turned to light instead of darkness. They are long gone now.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can relate. When I turned away from hypocrisy towards the truth I began to experience entities as well. It almost felt like they were very upset that I turned to light instead of darkness. They are long gone now.
Blessings.

There are some who like the feeling of power they give them. Personally, I didn't even know demons were involved until I returned to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was constantly mentally attacked by demonic forces for a while. I had constant, crippling fear, and I was too scared to read the Bible, because I thought that they would attack me more if I did. Eventually I had a dream where I was possessed or something, and every time I opened my mouth, I blasphemed God.
I talked to my parents about it, prayed, and started reading the Bible again, and the fear started to go away.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was constantly mentally attacked by demonic forces for a while. I had constant, crippling fear, and I was too scared to read the Bible, because I thought that they would attack me more if I did. Eventually I had a dream where I was possessed or something, and every time I opened my mouth, I blasphemed God.
I talked to my parents about it, prayed, and started reading the Bible again, and the fear started to go away.

Thank you for sharing that. One sure way of knowing demons are involved is that it involves torment. In fact, that's what I told the Lord when I asked him to drive them away.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Eventually I had a dream where I was possessed or something

I had a dream where I was possessed too. It depressed me for a long time as I felt they had won and gotten to me through my dreams.

There's lots of demonic activity in my little neck of the woods. There's a demon that takes the form of a little girl that roams about these parts. She's been seen by my great grandmother, my grandfather, my mother, and other people within the 1/4 mile radius.

Our house was 'haunted' for some time because my grandparents just thought they were cute little ghosts and welcomed them in. Took my parents and a minister to exorcise the demons from the property. It's usually quiet here now, but occasionally they like to pass through and turn on lights and slam doors and stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's lots of demonic activity in my little neck of the woods.

They have strong holds. I heard a preacher once say that demonic activity was stirred up when the Lord came the first time, and will so again when his return is near. I'm seeing it in the frequent outbursts of anger (few realize demons are behind these).

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

well... if your looking for a Christian testimony from someone who used to be in a full-on demon worship cult and was freed by the power of Jesus Christ --

Here he is giving his full testimony -

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well... if your looking for a Christian testimony from someone who used to be in a full-on demon worship cult and was freed by the power of Jesus Christ [/MEDIA]

Thanks, it will take time to watch, but should be interesting.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They have strong holds. I heard a preacher once say that demonic activity was stirred up when the Lord came the first time, and will so again when his return is near. I'm seeing it in the frequent outbursts of anger (few realize demons are behind these).

There was an Indian settlement 1/4 from my house and the spill over was on my property. Archaeologist from University of Buffalo came to our place and excavated graves and could tell where the longhouses had been. We've got artifacts in the closet; arrows; marbles; grinding stones etc. It's believed that the Seneca Indians came and slaughtered the Indians that were at these settlements. So there's a long history here, and it seems demons stay in areas that have been inhabited for a long time, especially in areas that have seen a lot of bloodshed. Gettysburg for example, is rife with demons.

So I agree with you that they have strong-holds, and the Indians that were here were involved in demonic activity (had welcomed them). And were engaged in warfare often.

Also because of the heavy influence around here, when I get irritable or depressed sometimes it's because they're broadcasting emotions. As my father said, the only good thing about having had to deal with these all our life, is we're sensitive to their presence; we can recognize when they're around and we know we can cast them out through Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing that. One sure way of knowing demons are involved is that it involves torment. In fact, that's what I told the Lord when I asked him to drive them away.
I think fear (at least, irrational fear) is always from demons or Satan. God did not give us a spirit of fear. Fear entered the world when sin did. Rational fear can be good. It can keep you safe. But irrational fear does nothing but harm you.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think fear (at least, irrational fear) is always from demons or Satan. God did not give us a spirit of fear. Fear entered the world when sin did. Rational fear can be good. It can keep you safe. But irrational fear does nothing but harm you.

Yes, one of the things that drove me to backsliding was self-medicating an anxiety condition with alcohol. And one thing led to another. After I returned to the Lord and he healed my backsliding, he also healed my anxiety condition. His exact words "I will strengthen you and I will strengthen you again". I still don't understand the second part, but I know my anxiety condition is completely gone, which I had had since a young child :)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe by the end of 2022 we will have more and more Christian testimonies of demonic activity and perhaps even some seemingly ordinary Christians seeing demons by then. I've had my turn in the apple cart so to speak with them. Coming off back sliding and the most powerful when seeking ministry. It's all quiet now but I know we have the authority as born again believers to send them on their way if they begin to intrude. By pleading the blood in Jesus name they must depart when commanded to. Don't try that if you don't know if you are reborn or not. As scripture says " Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you"? Acts 19:15.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, one of the things that drove me to backsliding was self-medicating an anxiety condition with alcohol. And one thing led to another. After I returned to the Lord and he healed my backsliding, he also healed my anxiety condition. His exact words "I will strengthen you and I will strengthen you again". I still don't understand the second part, but I know my anxiety condition is completely gone, which I had had since a young child :)
Wow that’s great! It’s amazing how quickly and how completely God can eradicate fear and worry.

Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
By pleading the blood in Jesus name they must depart when commanded to. Don't try that if you don't know if you are reborn or not. As scripture says " Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you"? Acts 19:15.

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant; it seems like some denominations have different meanings to being born again. I assume you mean it as one who has been baptized or one who has committed themselves to God, rather than people who believe but haven't actively taken a step to sign an eternal contract with God yet.

Regardless, I disagree with your above statement. I don't think knowing your own spiritual status is relevant; it's one's faith in Christ. It's the power of Christ that casts out demons not us. Anyone who thinks they have the power is misinformed; we don't have the power, the power is God's and God can extend his power through people or on His own accord.

When I was a child, before baptism, and demons would bother me--if I couldn't run to Dad and have him cast them out--I would pray myself and the demonic activity ended/they left. I remember my dad specifically asking God to 'send his angels to remove them'. So if someone doesn't have Christ in them--like a small child, who hasn't been baptized--God can still use his angels to remove demons. Angels and demons can see, talk, and engage each other in a battle of wills.

But we still have to ask for help in Christ's name, and He will send us the help we need. Whether that's by the Holy Spirit in a converted member of the church or by sending angels who stand guard over His little children.

Matthew 18:10 "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe by the end of 2022 we will have more and more Christian testimonies of demonic activity and perhaps even some seemingly ordinary Christians seeing demons by then. I've had my turn in the apple cart so to speak with them. Coming off back sliding and the most powerful when seeking ministry. It's all quiet now but I know we have the authority as born again believers to send them on their way if they begin to intrude. By pleading the blood in Jesus name they must depart when commanded to. Don't try that if you don't know if you are reborn or not. As scripture says " Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you"? Acts 19:15.

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant; it seems like some denominations have different meanings to being born again. I assume you mean it as one who has been baptized or one who has committed themselves to God, rather than people who believe but haven't actively taken a step to sign an eternal contract with God yet.

Regardless, I disagree with your above statement. I don't think knowing your own spiritual status is relevant; it's one's faith in Christ. It's the power of Christ that casts out demons not us. Anyone who thinks they have the power is misinformed; we don't have the power, the power is God's and God can extend his power through people or on His own accord.

When I was a child, before baptism, and demons would bother me--if I couldn't run to Dad and have him cast them out--I would pray myself and the demonic activity ended/they left. I remember my dad specifically asking God to 'send his angels to remove them'. So if someone doesn't have Christ in them--like a small child, who hasn't been baptized--God can still use his angels to remove demons. Angels and demons can see, talk, and engage each other in a battle of wills.

But we still have to ask for help in Christ's name, and He will send us the help we need. Whether that's by the Holy Spirit in a converted member of the church or by sending angels who stand guard over His little children.

Matthew 18:10 "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."

I think both of you have valid points

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Of Course It's By The Power Of Christ !

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi i believe you. Spiritual warfare is very real. Prayer is our weapon.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here's some Scripture to support what's been posted. Demons exist and this supports spiritual warfare. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph 6:12) (think it needs to be done under the guidance of Holy Spirit).

Human behavior affects the earth "You must not make the land where you live unclean. The land is not holy when people are killed..." (Num 36:33)."The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant." (Isa 24:5).

Influenced by the enemy, too. "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" (Eph 2:2).
Also, "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)." (John 10:10).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.