Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Family,

What makes the house not empty?

What does this verse mean to you in regards to deliverance?

Matthew 12:43-45 King James Version (KJV)

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

~Natsumi Lam~

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What gets us to a place of being hurt by the world and bound by the enemy?
Things like: anger, bitterness, resentment... often rooted in unforgiveness. Also, sin, the occult, even just unwise decisions. Stuff like that, right?

So, say you get set free of that stuff. Let's say anger and bitterness by forgiving someone. What takes the place of that anger and bitterness in your life. If you have been holding on to it for a very long time. It can be unfamiliar to have it gone, like the empty, swept room.

Part of healing and deliverance is replacing what was once unclean, with that which is clean. It's not just getting rid of the bad, but filling up with the good. In place of anger, finding a way to love (doesn't mean you have to be best friends with someone that hurt you or something). Instead of bitterness, pursue joy (of the Lord). Say you were delivered from alcohol addiction, get addicted to God instead. Another way to look at it is to replace old bad habits, with new good ones.

If we don't replace the bad with the good. The space that our (in this example) anger and bitterness once held just remains empty. If it remains empty at some point something is going to fill it, and it will be very, very easy for us to let the bad stuff back in, because we are so familiar with it and haven't found an alternative. And, when we let it back in it, will only get worse.

Make sense?

Upvote 0