Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
An Empirical Theory Of God
“In the end you will know that I am in you, you are in me and we are all one in God.”​

The entire physical universe is God. The universe is alive and aware and actively involved in “creation”. Just as the electrical circuits in our physical forms give rise to awareness and consciousness in our brains, so too the macroscopic “circuits” of the universe give rise to awareness and a consciousness on a truly cosmic scale. These myriad of interlaced and interwoven circuits of energy, and quantum interaction, give rise to an awareness and consciousness far greater and more powerful than the microscopic variety of awareness found on Earth. Awareness is therefore an intrinsic feature of the universe. Its presence and expression at the microscopic level of life on Earth is a direct result of the existence of awareness at the macroscopic level.

God is the sum total of everything that exists in nature and every physical thing in the universe. We live our entire physical lives inside the body of God, sustained by the body of God. The dirt we walk on, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the chemicals of our body, the sunshine that sustains life on Earth, all of it belongs to and is a part of a living being that humans call God.

The Electrical Nature Of Living Organisms.

Scientific research into living organisms demonstrates that the intricate structures of the brain give rise to awareness. The electrical exchange of energy between neurons, the circuits of the brain create a kind of ‘quantum awareness’ that is the sum total of the thinking processes, of an organized structure, over some period of time. The various exchanges of electromagnetic energy inside the brain provide “awareness” with a place to reside and function. The unique and specific arrangement of neurons, life experiences, and current flows of each individual give rise to an individual sense of awareness, a unique sense of identity.

This rise of awareness in humans has led to experiences of God and a belief in a creator in virtually every culture on Earth. Many cultures consider nature to be “sacred’. We must ask ourselves: Why?

The Electrical Nature Of The Universe.

Scientific research into nature and cosmology demonstrates that electromagnetic energy and current flows are not only an integral part of life on Earth, they are an integral part of the functions of the Universe. From the electrical discharges we observe in our own atmosphere, to the electrical discharges we observe in the solar atmosphere, to electrical discharges that generate solar wind, to high speed “cosmic rays” all the objects in space are bathed and electromagnetic energy. The EM field permeates space and time, far beyond the boundaries our solar system, it exists everywhere we look in space. We find direct evidence of magnetic fields that indicate the flow of current in cosmic scale structures large and small.

Only in past 100 years of so have we begun to understand and appreciate the electrical nature of our universe. Kristian Birkeland was one first scientist to seriously study the Northern Lights. He surmised that these events were related to electrical processes in the Earth’s atmosphere. To prove his theory, he hiked extensively through the northern polar region to setup stations to measure the magnetic field of the Earth during solar storms. He also created extremely sophisticated empirical experiments, with various control mechanisms to test various aspects of his theories. Over time he and his friends gathered extensive evidence of the changing magnetic field during solar storms that gave rise to aurora. In his terella experiments he demonstrated that aurora were caused by the bombardment of Earth with high speed charged particles. In his experiments, he bombarded a metallic sphere in an evacuated chamber with a cathode ray. In this manner he was able to replicate the aurora around the poles of his sphere.

Naturally his next question turned to where these high speed charged particles originated, and he then created a series of ‘solar” experiments by turning his metallic sphere into a cathode and giving it a plasma atmosphere. In these cathode sphere experiments he was able to replicate and predict many important solar system phenomenon. He was the first scientist to predict high speed solar wind. His experiments also predicted high energy coronal loop discharges, high speed polar “jets” and many solar features not observed until modern satellites made direct observations of the solar atmosphere beyond the atmosphere of Earth.

Irving Langmuir was one of the first scientists after Birkeland to work with “plasma” in controlled laboratory conditions. Langmuir was in fact responsible for giving the forth state of matter its scientific name. As a biologist, he was inclined to compare the behaviors of ionic plasma to the plasma of human blood. He saw that plasma isolated itself from charged surfaces via double layers, and he saw many similarities between the behaviors of plasma and plasma in the blood, hence the name he came up with to describe the forth state of matter.

In the 1940 and 50’s, Dr. Charles Bruce documented and demonstrated a link between “electric discharge theory” and many observed phenomenon in the solar atmosphere and in space.

Nobel Prize winning author, Dr. Hannes Alfven wrote extensively about the circuits and electromagnetic processes in solar activities and in space, culminating in a book called “Cosmic Plasma” that describes these processes via magneto hydrodynamic theory, or MHD theory.

All of these predictions of electrical discharges in space have been verified by modern satellite imagery.

Like our brains, the release of energy of the sun at the highest energy wavelengths is not constant, rather it is variable and prone to frequent changes over time. It exhibits 11 year “cycles’ of energy release patterns, the next major cycle to peak in 2012-2013. Particularly during active phases the sun’s energy exchanges with the heliosphere become highly variable and electrically active.

As we look further out into space we find that all galaxies have strong electromagnetic fields. We find evidence of “Birkeland currents” in very large structures over vast distances of spacetime.

All of these pieces of empirical evidence point us toward the possibility that everything around us is a part of a living being called God.

• Informative
Reactions: Radrook

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Pantheism ain't that new. It's preSocratic in fact.

Perhaps it's as old a theology as humans have stared into space, but it's certainly enjoying a lot of scientific support in the 20th and 21st centuries. We've learned a lot both about human anatomy and much more about events in space over the past century.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Perhaps it's as old a theology as humans have stared into space, but it's certainly enjoying a lot of scientific support in the 20th and 21st centuries. We've learned a lot both about human anatomy and much more about events in space over the past century.
From what I can make out, the only supporting role science has in this is serving as a store house of information from which people such as yourself have chosen to pick and choose so as to construct the god of their choice.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
From what I can make out, the only supporting role science has in this is serving as a store house of information from which people such as yourself have chosen to pick and choose so as to construct the god of their choice.

Well, in this case there are in fact some limits set. In fact it I can't "pick and choose", I'm limited by empirical physics. Compared to some scientific theories, I'm rather limited on what I might chose from.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Okay... so what? How is this a useful conception of God? Does the universe work any differently because of this concept?

It's a "useful concept" because it's a purely empirical description of God. The universe has always worked the same way, so no, the definition itself has no particular effect on the functioning of the universe.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Considering the size of the Universe and the speed of light, this God must surely be the most dimwitted entity in existence.

Peter :)

How do you know where the "thinking circuits" are located? Is pure intelligence somehow adversely affected by the speed of light?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
It's a "useful concept" because it's a purely empirical description of God.
No more useful than declaring the mechanics of the internal combustion engine to be god. But if you find a god who's constituted as the laws of nature to be somehow satisfying and useful then all I can say is, to each his own.

Upvote 0

Wedjat

Spirited Apostate
Aug 8, 2009
Home sweet home
✟18,807.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How do you know where the "thinking circuits" are located? Is pure intelligence somehow adversely affected by the speed of light?
Yes. When a neuron fires it takes time (though admittedly very very little time) for the charge to be received and sent off to the next few neurons. Given the sheer size of the universe it would literally take decades, if not centuries, or even millennia for each individual "thinking circuit" to fire.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Yes. When a neuron fires it takes time (though admittedly very very little time) for the charge to be received and sent off to the next few neurons. Given the sheer size of the universe it would literally take decades, if not centuries, or even millennia for each individual "thinking circuit" to fire.

You seem to be assuming that the thinking "structures" are separated by vast distances?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
No more useful than declaring the mechanics of the internal combustion engine to be god.

Er, no. That wouldn't explain why and how humans have been "experiencing" God for thousands of years.

But if you find a god who's constituted as the laws of nature to be somehow satisfying and useful then all I can say is, to each his own.

Ok. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wedjat

Spirited Apostate
Aug 8, 2009
Home sweet home
✟18,807.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You seem to be assuming that the thinking "structures" are separated by vast distances?
You seemed to be implying that the entire universe was involved in the thinking bit, I apologize if I was mistaken.
So where are the "thinking structures"?

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Michael said:
Washington said:
No more useful than declaring the mechanics of the internal combustion engine to be god.

Er, no. That wouldn't explain why and how humans have been "experiencing" God for thousands of years.

So it's because of the electrical discharges in space that people "experience" god, is it. Sorry, but ya gotta prove, or at least give us very good reason for believing, that these electrical discharges necessarily instill a god experience. Mere "say so" ain't going to cut it. May just as well claim the mechanics of the internal combustion engine instill a god "experience."

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
You seemed to be implying that the entire universe was involved in the thinking bit, I apologize if I was mistaken.
So where are the "thinking structures"?

Well, I suppose it could be and probably would be a distributed system, but the "thinking circuits' could be buried in the core of the sun for all I know. I don't know why their would necessarily be a delay of decades from a direct effect on Earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
So it's because of the electrical discharges in space that people "experience" god, is it. Sorry, but ya gotta prove, or at least give us very good reason for believing, that these electrical discharges necessarily instill a god experience. Mere "say so" ain't going to cut it. May just as well claim the mechanics of the internal combustion engine instill a god "experience."

Well, let's start here:
Wired 7.11: This Is Your Brain on God

If the universe itself is one giant living EM field, that might explain a lot don't you think?

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic

Sorry, but I have no desire to plow through it all.

If the universe itself is one giant living EM field, that might explain a lot don't you think?
According to what little I did read of your link,
"[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]His theory is that the sensation described as "having a religious experience" is merely a side effect of our bicameral brain's feverish activities. Simplified considerably, the idea goes like so: When the right hemisphere of the brain, the seat of emotion, is stimulated in the cerebral region presumed to control notions of self, and then the left hemisphere, the seat of language, is called upon to make sense of this nonexistent entity, the mind generates a "sensed presence."

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]it appears that what you may be basing your god on is merely a construct of the brain. The sense of presence, and not any real presence. [/FONT]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.