• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

An embarrassing men's health question...

jtrevor99

Feb 24, 2017
Minnesota
✟8,255.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone! While I have browsed these forums before, this is the first time I've ever posted. I have a rather embarrassing question which is why I'm asking it here, anonymously.

I am a 35 year old conservative Baptist male that takes God's call to physical and sexual purity extremely seriously. To that end, I have never had sex, do not look at things I shouldn't, don't touch, etc. However, I have been experiencing pain off and on for several years. I finally went to a urologist, who diagnosed it as "chronic noninfectious prostatitis". Basically, my prostate is inflamed and irritated for no obvious reason, and that's causing the pain.

The urologist prescribed three things: an increase in fluid intake, frequent pelvic floor exercises, and...well, the one I'm writing this post about. I am supposed to make myself [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] at least three times a week.

For many guys that wouldn't be a problem, but for me it is. I also cannot help but think it's an all-too-convenient excuse to do something I am chronically tempted to do. I've also wondered if it's God's way of telling me to use those parts as they were designed. Yet I need to try to manage the pain, and frankly the inflammation and pain could be in part from lack of use.

I need help understanding if, given my situation, I can follow the doctor's orders yet remain pure and sin-free in God's eyes. I'm very troubled with the idea of doing this.

Thank you.

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone! While I have browsed these forums before, this is the first time I've ever posted. I have a rather embarrassing question which is why I'm asking it here, anonymously.

I am a 35 year old conservative Baptist male that takes God's call to physical and sexual purity extremely seriously. To that end, I have never had sex, do not look at things I shouldn't, don't touch, etc. However, I have been experiencing pain off and on for several years. I finally went to a urologist, who diagnosed it as "chronic noninfectious prostatitis". Basically, my prostate is inflamed and irritated for no obvious reason, and that's causing the pain.

The urologist prescribed three things: an increase in fluid intake, frequent pelvic floor exercises, and...well, the one I'm writing this post about. I am supposed to make myself [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] at least three times a week.

For many guys that wouldn't be a problem, but for me it is. I also cannot help but think it's an all-too-convenient excuse to do something I am chronically tempted to do. I've also wondered if it's God's way of telling me to use those parts as they were designed. Yet I need to try to manage the pain, and frankly the inflammation and pain could be in part from lack of use.

I need help understanding if, given my situation, I can follow the doctor's orders yet remain pure and sin-free in God's eyes. I'm very troubled with the idea of doing this.

Thank you.
You are to be commended for your desire to remain pure. There are no guarantees that frequent ejaculations will solve your problem. It may make it worse in that you will be doing something you believe is wrong. If it were me, the first thing I would do is tell my Heavenly Father that I will not start masturbating to relieve my pain, but that I want to remain pure for Him and Yeshua. I would then ask Him to heal me of my prostatitis.

Also, I haven't looked into natural cures for prostatitis, but I'm sure there are several that work. You are at the age where you should start taking good quality supplements like saw palmetto, etc. for prostate health.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While MB is a topic that people are split on, I believe MB is healthy. Well as long as its done without lustful things (inappropriate content for example) getting you excited. Like if you wake up "Excited". And more and more medical studies have shown it decreases risks of cancer and other issues. Out with the old, in with the new... if you get my drift. Now if MB becomes an idol... like you do it every day, then well its an idol and also a sin.

Here is just one link that talks about benefits (don't worry, nothing bad to see on it):
7 Health Benefits Of Masturbation | Care2 Healthy Living

If you get married in the future then I'd stop MB. Especially because it affects the sperm count after each session. Which means less odds of getting the wife pregnant. Again, people are split on the act itself since many believe lust is the only way to get excited, but its not the only way. And when you are younger (before your teens) sometimes you wake up and have a wet front because your body did its thing already. So obviously it can't be a sin if you had no control over it.

But thats just my take. And I should point out pray first for healing. I'd also say try taking cranberry supplements for awhile. My doctor had me take them for kidney stones and because after my last scoping (scope up your... you know) it did something to my prostate, so the cranberries seem to help their too.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
While MB is a topic that people are split on, I believe MB is healthy. Well as long as its done without lustful things (inappropriate content for example) getting you excited. Like if you wake up "Excited". And more and more medical studies have shown it decreases risks of cancer and other issues. Out with the old, in with the new... if you get my drift. Now if MB becomes an idol... like you do it every day, then well its an idol and also a sin.

Here is just one link that talks about benefits (don't worry, nothing bad to see on it):
7 Health Benefits Of Masturbation | Care2 Healthy Living

If you get married in the future then I'd stop MB. Especially because it affects the sperm count after each session. Which means less odds of getting the wife pregnant. Again, people are split on the act itself since many believe lust is the only way to get excited, but its not the only way. And when you are younger (before your teens) sometimes you wake up and have a wet front because your body did its thing already. So obviously it can't be a sin if you had no control over it.

But thats just my take. And I should point out pray first for healing. I'd also say try taking cranberry supplements for awhile. My doctor had me take them for kidney stones and because after my last scoping (scope up your... you know) it did something to my prostate, so the cranberries seem to help their too.

MS millions of times and didnt stop pregnancy!

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And more and more medical studies have shown it decreases risks of cancer and other issues. Out with the old, in with the new... if you get my drift.
The Almighty created man to get the old out and new in naturally. It is called a nocturnal emission.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Thank you.

The idea that masturbation is sinful is man's idea, not God's. You will not find masturbation even mentioned in the Bible, let alone cited as a sin.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think you should do exactly as your doctor recommends.

Or if you think it's absolutely wrong to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] outside of a woman you're married to...you can always get married.

Any other comments I might have are, I guess, off-topic.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee

I had a brother tell me once this scripture referred to masturbation.

Honestly, I think if every brother that ever rubbed one out. Had to cut off their hands.

The Church would look like an amputee ward.

And we'd have a bunch of people waving & clapping their stumps together. My opinion only.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jtrevor99

Feb 24, 2017
Minnesota
✟8,255.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts so far, and for taking this topic (relatively) seriously. It is, perhaps obviously, something I don't like to discuss.

I have been and will continue to pray about the pain, and I have been taking general multivitamins. I have not considered the other supplements mentioned but should look into them. As for comments around marriage, I agree that that would resolve the issue; and I would have no need to do anything myself. But that is not an option right now.

More thoughts?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee

I had a brother tell me once this scripture referred to masturbation.

Honestly, I think if every brother that ever rubbed one out. Had to cut off their hands.

The Church would look like an amputee ward.

And we'd have a bunch of people waving & clapping their stumps together. My opinion only.
In this instance, I think the "right hand" is "refusal to touch". This self-imposed rule is harming the OP and should be cast aside.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I am supposed to make myself [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] at least three times a week.
You've been given a mission. Go forth bravely and do the best you can, for King and country!
It does give a green light to touch though, which is good news for those who feel guilty about doing it.
Hope you can solve this one in all seriousness.

Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Please quote the "green light" verses.
And God said to Paul "Paul, I forgot to tell them directly. Can you? It's OK now and then to touch. To get rid of stress. Just don't get addicted and avoid inappropriate content at all costs.It just objectifies women, devalues them and spoils your ability to communicate with them as human beings."

Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And God said to Paul "Paul, I forgot to tell them directly. Can you? It's OK now and then to touch. To get rid of stress. Just don't get addicted and avoid inappropriate content at all costs.It just objectifies women, devalues them and spoils your ability to communicate with them as human beings."
^_^ Where can I buy that version? ^_^

Here is the bottom line as I see it; Masturbation is a selfish act of feeding the lust of the flesh. It is the exact opposite of "mortifying the deeds of the body" (Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5).

Upvote 0