An Atlanta cyclist helped apprehend a murder suspect by lending an officer his wheels

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article-

(CNN)A cyclist assisted Atlanta police in the capture of a murder suspect by loaning an officer his bike for the chase.

On Tuesday, officers were canvassing an area in the city's Old Fourth Ward where a fatal shooting occurred when they spotted the suspect, according to a news release from the Atlanta Police Department.
The man immediately fled the area on a bicycle and rode onto the BeltLine, a popular multi-use trail that runs through the city, the release said.

Stephen Willard told CNN that he bicycling to his home when he noticed the police chase.

"I'm riding home from work... and the next thing I see is APD officers jogging towards me," Willard said. "The next thing I know one of the officers is waving his arms and flags me down and says, 'Hey, ma,n let me borrow your bike!' "

Willard got off his bike and handed it to the police officer.

Body-cam video the police posted online captures the officer pedaling down the BeltLine and onto busy city streets while keeping the suspect in sight. In the audio, he provides updates on the suspect's location.

After a few minutes, the officer on the bicycle pulls up to Ponce City Market, a mixed-use development. Another officer is already taking the suspect into custody.
"We got him, we got him, we got him," the bicycling officer says.

Continued below.
A cyclist helps apprehend a murder suspect by lending an officer his wheels - CNN