✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
continued:
<snip>

Science agrees.
Can't really tell, from what you have written.

You haven't yet addressed the issue with point #1. Try making the list again, but for each one, include how we would test it, and how it is falsifiable.:wave:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just spent a ton of time responding and post it and it says the post has been closed. So where does my post go...oblivion?
Here you are:
continued:

5. And God said: 'Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear.' And it was so.
The creation narrative predicts that early earth had water on its surface.
Science: It was once thought that earth was too hot for any water to be on early earth. NASA - NASA Scientist Confirm Liquid Water on Early Earth

6. And God said: 'Let the earth put forth grass, herb yielding seed, and fruit-tree bearing fruit after its kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon the earth.' And it was so.
The creation narrative predicts that early earth would have grass, herb seed, fruit trees.

Science: There is no scientific evidence in support of this narrative. There is also no evidence of the earliest time period on earth as that has been mostly destroyed.

7. And God said: 'Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years
and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth.' And it was so. And God made the two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; and the stars.
The creation narrative predicts that there would be stars, sun and moon in the heavens after earth was created.

Science: Dating of the sun, moon and earth are very close. The earth's age has been somewhat elusive. Based on information we have presently, we can surmise that it is at least 4.5 billion years old. However, the oldest materials of earth have never been found...until recently. It will be very interesting to find out what these new discoveries will tell us about the age of earth.

8. And God said: 'Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let fowl fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.' And God created the great sea-monsters, and every living creature that creepeth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after its kind, and every winged fowl after its kind; and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.'nd God said: 'Let the earth bring forth the living creature after its kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after its kind.' And it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after its kind, and the cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.
The creation narrative predicts that life began in the water and that there should be swarms of life found there. After life in the waters then God moved His attention on land. There we see birds are multiplying on earth. Then we move on to the later mammals.

Science: We know that life did indeed start in the water and that according to the Cambrian explosion it swarmed with many living creatures.
Evolution 101: The Big Issues
We know that birds were present prior to the mammals listed in the narrative.

9. And God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.'
The creation narrative predicts that man would be late on the scene of creation.

Science agrees.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shortened version:

Originally Posted by Oncedeceived
I do indeed.

Ah, and there you are. What best fits the observations is what we "know" at present which can and does change. I totally agree that popularity is not an indicator of validity.

I agree and disagree. I do agree that the BB theory doesn't actually prohibit our universe existing prior to the expansion. However, the BB theory supports the Bible narrative and the Bible is what is doing the predicting.
It doesn't even look like it supports your interpretation of it.

Really? What seems to be unsupported?

The Bible claims that God created the heavens and earth.
Explain how we are to test that claim. Or is it of no significance?

We have no way to scientifically test this claim presently. It is as significant I suppose as any other claim made about origins.
We don't know what the singularity held or what came before either by the Bible or science.
You appear to be claiming to know.

The Bible is silent about what came prior to the creation of the heavens and the earth. I am not claiming I know either. :)

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Oh, by the way, gradyll?

I think it is aptly speaking of the "electrocuted mud puddle"

You're wrong. Your quote mines say nothing about an electrocuted mud puddle. And it's impossible to electrocute a mud puddle, because to electrocute something is to kill it with electricity, and you can't kill a mud puddle.

So. Yeah.

No scientist ever - certainly no biologist in his right mind - said that life started by lightning striking a mud puddle. This is a strawman that creationists have been beating for decades, and it really needs to stop.

Upvote 0

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, by the way, gradyll?

You're wrong. Your quote mines say nothing about an electrocuted mud puddle. And it's impossible to electrocute a mud puddle, because to electrocute something is to kill it with electricity, and you can't kill a mud puddle.

So. Yeah.

No scientist ever - certainly no biologist in his right mind - said that life started by lightning striking a mud puddle. This is a strawman that creationists have been beating for decades, and it really needs to stop.

Good luck with that. Strawmen that useful are never put to bed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, by the way, gradyll?

So. Yeah.

hey btw if you hit "quote" at the bottom, it should post your responses clearly, it looks like you are hitting something else and then posting quotations. but the quote thing works a little better, no one told me I just had to figure it out. So anyway yeah electocuted methane is different than elecrocuted mud puddles. But to say that no one ever believed that is a lie I think because you have to believe the first celled organisms were jump started to life somehow, what better than an electocuted mud puddle? The organisms were dead already and the electricity started life, right?

how about these other illustrations I use....in order....(tell me this isn't your view of evolution) if not please give some peer review or in your own words explain it.....

Evolution (by gradyll)

(and by bigbrother who originally came up with the illustrations)

Evolution is where....

1. nothing explodes, (Big Bang)
    (=stellar evolution)
  2. where an electrocuted mud puddle turns into a dinasaur? (abiogenesis)
    (=chemical evolution)
  3. where this dinasaur craws up a tree and starts flying around like tweetie bird. (=macro evolution)

I think I have an idea what evolution entails, but I am missing a few points, just three. I will add later. For now the point is going across. No matter how much time is involved, could be trillions of years, it's still what it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, by the way, gradyll?

So. Yeah.

ok well let me correct it,

electrified mud puddle

and I also know the big bang did not explode but what is a one word description of what happened with the big bang, I can correct that one too.

but the dinasaur turning into tweetie bird, thats all you guys.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good luck with that. Strawmen that useful are never put to bed.

well it's the benefit of the doubt I could always say

a mud puddle just sprang to life

but that would be even worse in my opinion.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
yeah electocuted methane is different than elecrocuted mud puddles.

First off, stop using the word 'electrocuted' when what you mean is 'electrified'. They mean different things.

Secondly, it said nothing about electrified methane. Or electrified anything, for that matter. Electricity wasn't even mentioned.

But to say that no one ever believed that is a lie I think

I didn't say 'no one ever', did I? I said no scientist. I'm sure there is someone who believes that life started from an electrified mud puddle. There are people who still believe the world is flat and that the Sun revolves around it. These people have no effect on the actual science in question, so there's little point in mentioning them in a scientific discussion.

I repeat - no scient ever stated that life started from a mud puddle. Saying that this is representative of the consensus on abiogenesis is a lie. Plain and simple.

The organisms were dead already and the electricity started life, right?
No one ever proposed such a thing. No.

if not please give some peer review or in your own words explain it.....
Why should I bother? You don't care what the actual consensus is.

1. nothing explodes, (Big Bang)
    stellar evolution
  2. where an electrocuted mud puddle turns into a dinasaur? (abiogenesis)
    chemical evolution
  3. where this dinasaur craws up a tree and starts flying around like tweetie bird. (macro evolution)
No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You could say that, yes. It would still be a strawman that no scientist ever stated, but yes, you could say that.

do us all a favor and make a positive statement on abiogenesis. Or are you just going to sit in the peanut gallery all day.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
If you want to learn about abiogenesis, I'll help you.

Let me google that for you

There. You won't find anything about lightning striking a mud puddle on any reputable scientific site. I promise.

Now, back to the topic at hand - you're lying. You have yet to produce any source from any scientist that ever said lightning struck a mud puddle and started life. So why do you keep repeating this lie?

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
Pottsville, NSW, Australia
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
do us all a favor and make a positive statement on abiogenesis. Or are you just going to sit in the peanut gallery all day.

I can do that....

Life first arose on this planet through a process involving a form of self-replication, examples of which are available for us to observe now...eg, crystal formation...

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you want to learn about abiogenesis, I'll help you.

Let me google that for you

There. You won't find anything about lightning striking a mud puddle on any reputable scientific site. I promise.

Now, back to the topic at hand - you're lying. You have yet to produce any source from any scientist that ever said lightning struck a mud puddle and started life. So why do you keep repeating this lie?

I didn't think you would do it.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can do that....

Life first arose on this planet through a process involving a form of self-replication, examples of which are available for us to observe now...eg, crystal formation...

crystal formations?

thats all you got for how a mud puddle sprang a reptilian dinasaur with lungs?

crystals?

ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.