Mar 14, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟7,796.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
"Intentionally or stupidly, President Bush and his neocon overlords are on track for igniting general conflagration in the Middle East.

In placing America’s stamp of approval on Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s annexation of the West Bank, Bush jettisoned a half century of American diplomacy and broadcast to Muslims everywhere that U.S. armed forces are Israel’s Middle Eastern legions.

In giving his approval for the annexation, Bush acted as a dictator, consulting neither Congress nor the State Department nor our allies nor the UN. There was no debate. U.S. foreign policy now rests on power alone, exercised by the President alone."

"Our job is to bring freedom to the world, Bush says, on the point of bayonets."

"Neoconservatives declare that such a grand scheme is worth tens of thousands of American casualties and countless more wounded and maimed.

You, the public, wake up! Bush is leading us into a wider war that will consume our sons, our incomes, our freedom and our honor."

Full article by Paul Craig Roberts here

Bush reminds me of Lincoln, unfortunately.

Grace & Peace, Rab

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Technically it takes a declaration of war by Congress to put us into a war -- and we have not been in a declared war since September 1945, unless you want to argue that we never signed a peace treaty with Nazi Germany. But for what were initially good reasons, starting with Truman, Presidents have with Congressional approval committed American troops to "police actions" such as Korea, Lebanon, Vietnam, Grenada, Gulf War I, Bosnia, Somalia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, and now Gulf War II. This has come to be a part of the "unwritten Constitution," in the same way as actual treaties must receive the advice and consent of the Senate, but "executive agreements" with foreign powers can have most of the same effects as treaties and do not require Senate vote.

Upvote 0

Arturis

Naturalist & Free Thinker
Feb 27, 2004
Tri-State
✟15,683.00
Faith
Christian
This article is nothing more than liberal leftist [edited by moderator]. I am definitely not a liberal but I am no neo-con either and I can safely say that this article is rife with lies, half-truths, shortsightedness, ignorance, irrationalities and propaganda.

Calling Bush "stupid" and a "neo-con overlord" and using rhetoric, as "chest thumping" is ridiculous. Saying that Bush "betrayed the Palestinian people" is ignorant in its own right not to mention the [edited by moderator] statement calling "Israelis terrorists" (who is this guy kidding?). Calling what happened in Najaf as a "general uprising" is a boldfaced lie. Blaming America and appeasing Muslims as if they are right in using terrorism against us is both dangerous and stupid.

Seems to me that this guy needs to get over himself and take his own cue to "wake up".

Other than that I found this article amusing. :sleep:

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The world is much more unsafe since the Iraq War 2 than it was before. Moderate Muslims have been alienated and seem more willing to support their fundamentalist brethren. I know 9/11 was a terrible event and a shock to the US psyche, but I do feel that it has left the US Government commonsense impaired, and unsound judgements are being based on what will be just a footnote in the history of this planet.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tangnefedd said:
The world is much more unsafe since the Iraq War 2 than it was before. Moderate Muslims have been alienated and seem more willing to support their fundamentalist brethren. I know 9/11 was a terrible event and a shock to the US psyche, but I do feel that it has left the US Government commonsense impaired, and unsound judgements are being based on what will be just a footnote in the history of this planet.

Do you have any proof whatsoever for this claim? I see otherwise, most recently an Imam in Iraq calling for an end in Muslim radical violence, not to mention Libya stepping down and disarming. Moderate Muslims have been supporting their fundamentalist brethren since the beginning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CyNix

Worshiper of God
Jan 7, 2004
The "Thumb" of Michigan
✟274.00
Faith
Christian
Tangnefedd said:
I believe that the world does seem unsafer only because the recent wars have uncovered hidden dangers. Without the wars these terrorists lived quietly and peacefully until their time came to kill someone.

Upvote 0