• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

An all new low, and I need all the help I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onlythingavailable

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
✟274,178.00
Faith
Christian
I suffered from the same thing around your age. I downplayed it, though, and ignored it until I was around 17. At that age I simply couldn't dodge the issue anymore, so with God's help, I made a decision to stick to God and his wishes. I decided to combat any homosexual thoughts, and to quit masturbating. I tried for quite some time to quit. I kept failing, though, because I didn't quit watching inappropriate content, nor was I relying enough on God. Only when I stopped doing everything that was linked to masturbating, did God help me to break the addiction. I've had one relapse since then I think, but other than that God has set me free. And trust me, the freedom is worth everything that you're going through right now.

Don't despair, it's possible to conquer it. The thoughts will still come now and then, but you'll be able to control them, and they won't rule you anymore. I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AnomalousSilence said:
Some of you may judge me for this, and you have every right, and I might myself if I wasn't me. I was going to post this on the Sexuality Struggles forum, but this is more of a prayer request. If you just want to pray, skip to the bottom. If you want to know why, read on.

(WARNING: very grotesque!!!)

In 8th grade I was an atheist and bisexual and had this huge crush on a guy. Well, only recently have I accepted the Lord and am struggling with my gay inappropriate content and male attraction. I just hit an all time low. I have done this before, many months ago, but while I was doing these things this time, I knew the Lord was telling me not to and I've been reading the Bible. I mean, I've changed my life around unlike when I did this before. Well... in my grandparents house just now, on their computer, I watched all sorts of gay inappropriate content, and then I masturbated to it, multiple times. I've reached and all new low.

I need the Lord's help and as many prayers as possible to combat this, as I am not going to let it happen to me ever again. It is embarassing to post this, but I've sunk low enough that I have to do so. That said, please, if you will, spare a moment and pray for me to overcome this awful thing.

Lord, I lift your child up for healing. Lord, I pray you would wash through his mind and heart and bring him a renewed life in You. Lord, he is brave to bring all this stuff to you and he is learning to lean on You. May the Holy Spirit be in such presence in and around him that any attempts of satan can not break through to his mind. Saturate his soul and fill the room with the Holy spirit. Anoint him Lord from head to toe and keep his eyes on you alone. In the name of Jesus, I pray. amen
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as man can bear: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make also the way of escape, that ye may be able to endure it.
This would be a good verse to memorize and repeat it often. May the blessing of God be yours.

Upvote 0

Danielof the Island

May 31, 2005
✟415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
AnomalousSilence said:
Some of you may judge me for this, and you have every right, and I might myself if I wasn't me.
I don't judge those who seek help, only those who think it's OK to intentionally do wrong.

I was going to post this on the Sexuality Struggles forum, but this is more of a prayer request. If you just want to pray, skip to the bottom. If you want to know why, read on.
I already ready, and I think it fits here. It's a prayer request for a struggle.

In 8th grade I was an atheist and bisexual and had this huge crush on a guy. Well, only recently have I accepted the Lord and am struggling with my gay inappropriate content and male attraction. I just hit an all time low. I have done this before, many months ago, but while I was doing these things this time, I knew the Lord was telling me not to and I've been reading the Bible. I mean, I've changed my life around unlike when I did this before. Well... in my grandparents house just now, on their computer, I watched all sorts of gay inappropriate content, and then I masturbated to it, multiple times. I've reached and all new low.
First off, congradulations in accepting Jesus Christ into your heart as Lord and Savior! :clap: ^_^ Did the Holy Spirit tell you not to do it, yet you did it anyway? If so, it sounds like Satan or one of his demon minions is trying yanking you one way while the Holy Spirit is trying to yank you the other way. My advice is to grab onto the Holy Spirit with both hands and hang on for dear life. Pray for Angels of God's choice to protect you and fight off demonic influence. Further, every time you do the icky deed, think of Jesus as if he were sitting in a chair in the room with you, watching. Think about that every time. Eventually, the guilt will build up, and you simply won't be able to do it anymore. I find this works with all sins. :thumbsup:

I need the Lord's help and as many prayers as possible to combat this, as I am not going to let it happen to me ever again. It is embarassing to post this, but I've sunk low enough that I have to do so. That said, please, if you will, spare a moment and pray for me to overcome this awful thing.
Don't be embarrased. You took the first step by telling people. It's probably easier to tell strangers on the internet then people you know, but you still told someone, everyone who reads your post, actually. The first step to bringing an end to sin is to tell someone and not keep it a secret.

Upvote 0

bannaboat101

Whom The Sun Sets Free Is Free Indeed
Dec 12, 2005
✟8,467.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
AnomalousSilence said:
Some of you may judge me for this, and you have every right, and I might myself if I wasn't me. I was going to post this on the Sexuality Struggles forum, but this is more of a prayer request. If you just want to pray, skip to the bottom. If you want to know why, read on.

Dear Heavenly Father
I come here to you along with everyone else to pray for this Young Man. He needs your help more then anything and right know show him that there is a true way out of this mess. So far you have changed his religion to what you want and know you are going to change is oreintation and his way of think tremendously. I pray for him right know that you givehim the courage that you gave me to change my life so that he may change his life. Father You are the almighty one and you also said that when there are more then one in aggrement then it should be done. I also pray for him that his faith grows beyond belief and it will be so strong that he can say to a mountain move. God I pray for him and I know you will change him like you changed me. In your heavenly name I pray Amen. And All those is aggreement say Amen Too.

Buddy you are getting a PM From me and You know what I said is true but if you want to talk more I will be online this Thursday. I know God has a Major plan for you and I think you see it too.
God Bless Man
Mike

Upvote 0

beth1447

Dec 8, 2004
Canada
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anomalous, I applaud you for working to overcome this. I have a close friend who has come out to me recently, and who is newly saved, and I'm praying desperately for him to start taking the steps you are to overcome this. I'll definitely be praying for you.
Remember that you can do all things thru Christ who gives you strength!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
AnomalousSilence said:
I did it again tonight, and the attractions have done nothing but worsened. :(
I will pray you learn to accept yourself for who you are, and realise the feelings you have aren't wrong or disgusting.

Reactions: Protinus
Upvote 0

2401 Penitent Tangent

Jan 31, 2005
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get away from that as soon as possible. Get rid of all provisions to the sin. Put a internet filter on your computer and make sure that there is always someone around when you are using the computer. Move the computer to a more public place like the kitchen and avoid it whenever you can. This kind of sin takes drastic measures to get rid of. Whenever you feel tempted to go touch or look at inappropriate content STOP. Get your thoughts away from the temptation, flee from it and go to God. Pray, read the bible, just DO something to get away from the sin. There is a site that has help me a lot with my fight against inappropriate contentography, it is www.settingcaptivesfree.com

May God Bless and help you walk forward in victory.

Upvote 0

ttreg

Myself
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Visit site
✟23,432.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I am fighting against bisexuality and gay inappropriate content also.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2006
✟15,119.00
Faith
Christian

My thoughts and prayers are with you. But do not look to yourself for strength. Look only in Jesus, for He offers you not only his strength but an odd sort of protection. I have also had a long running history with inappropriate content and mastrubation. I despise it above all other things, yet I too feel the tug of the Lord calling me from sin. Time and time again He will pull you out of the mire that is this sin. All you have to do is to ask Jesus for help in your time of need. (keep a strong heart, Jesus isnt' by any means a "quick fix" to all sin)

I find this God of ours very strange. Don't you think? This Jesus is quite a character. As Rich Mullins once said "if you want a religion that makes sense, find something other than Christianity." (something like that) I wish I could give you a verse from Scripture, but I am also a very early believer, that is, I am not yet mature in my faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

11MAN

Feb 19, 2006
✟142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi, I feel to write to you and tell you of the salvation Jesus has given me and freedom.
God created you and loves you so much that He sent Jesus for you. God is no respecter of persons. Homosexuality is a sin, as is stealing. Yes it is a sin. This is a good first step, that you acknowledge it as sin.
I struggled with homosexuality through my teenage years and early 20's, I was suicidal and hated myself, the world and life. I began a 2 month homosexual friendship, after it ended I wanted to die, I felt so alone. An athiest friend of mine looked at me one night and said "you are going to be punished." great fear came upon me and a hail and lightning storm came over my house, lightning hit my house and Jesus spoke and told me to repent, or he would destroy me.
I cried out and after 10 days of continual prayer (luke 11) temptations and satanic spirits speaking to me, I felt God's Holy Spirit come upon me and totally transform me.
I will ask you three questions that you don't have to answer to me, butplease be honest with yourself and God.
1) Do you have hatred, unforgiveness or resentment towards your father and/or mother?
2) Do you regularly watch television, computer games and or any other type of screen related entertainment?
3) Were you sexually abused, molested or raped as a child?
Why these 3 questions? The keys to understanding homsexuality and the solution are in the word of God. But there are factors we need to explore.
Satan's power is in accusing mankind to God, for our transgression of the Law. (The Accuser of the brethren)
Satan is a legalist and if we sin he has legal ground to torment us.
Honoring our parents in the Lord is the first commandment with promise (Ephesians 6:2)
If we curse our parents, our light will be put out in obscure darkness (Proverbs 20:20.)
My background in homosexuality, was a byproduct of earlier rebellion towards my parents, in cursing them and having hatred towards them, I allowed Satan, ground's for my downward spiral.
If you do have anger, hatred or have cursed your parents, take it to the Lord, humble youself in apologizing to your parents and bless them, speak life and blessing into the life of your parents. My parents are both divorced and my dad is remarried and is living in Adultery. I should never agree or condone sin, but I need to pray for him, bless him and interceed to God for his salvation and love him. "death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit" (Proverbs 18:21)There is power in the tongue!
Television is the most destructive modern form of Idolatry there is. Exodus 20:4 forbade Israel from making images depicting anything in heaven, earth, sea or underneath earth or sea. Image worship and worship of created things (mankind, the sun, the earth and nature etc.) Is the root by which homosexuality and other sexual perversions spawned. Please prayerfully read and study Romans 1:18-32.
God is a Spirit and desires to be worshipped in Spirit and in truth (John 4:24) When mankind makes idols and worships them, he is choosing to serve a false god. God is jealous for mankind's love and attention.
We are living, in what Paul prophesied of, as perilous times. Idolatry has consumed the whole world, with Satan's kingdom of Babylon (confusion) reaching its final pinnacle, before the Antichrist and the spirit of antichrist is destroyed by Jesus' return.
Many liberal christians would call this belief fundamental, some even accept homosexuality as a normal alternative lifestyle. I pray you will never let your mind or heart be decieved into believing this.
As a Born again Christian being plucked out of the fire of homosexual slavery, I have seen the power of Christ to transform and overcome, same-sex lust.

The third question of sexual abuse, can be critical in being set free. If you have been sexually abused, you may be being tormented by a vile wicked spirit transferred through sex or molestation. Spirits transfer
through intercourse. You may need deliverance from them.
Sodom and Gommorah (Genesis 19) were completely corrupted by homosexuality. the whole town came out desiring to have sex with the two angel's sent by God.
Testimonies of straight men being raped in jail and then becoming gay is proof of the satanic power of homosexual corruption and evil spirits transferring through sex.
Some scriptures to encourage you with are Hebrews 4:15 (Jesus was tempted at all points, yes, Jesus was tempted with homosexuality and resisted the sin.)
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Paul's letter to Corinthians comforted ex-homosexuals of their salvation and sanctification through repentance and faith in the Lord.
Jude verse 24 The promise that Christ is able to keep us from falling (see also 2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to deliver the godly from temptations)
I pray this has been helpful, to let you know that others have been through what you are going through, that you can overcome this if you seek Christ and believe with all of your heart.
May the Lord Jesus bless you and your family
J

Upvote 0

Dragons87

The regal Oriental kind; not evil princess-napper
Nov 13, 2005
London, UK
✟4,572.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
YOU ARE FORGIVEN!

"And the law came in addition, to make wrongdoing worse; but where there was much sin, there was much more grace:" Romans 5:20

You can rejoice when you are tempted and struggling, because it means that Satan now has to actively fight with you and God is increasingly in your life. It's not going to be an easy journey, but with God on your side, who do you fear?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.