Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, you made a claim and failed to back it up.

You want to try and tell me this is not a current talking point? Why did the Democrats bring up her faith? What was the reasoning?

upload_2020-9-29_1-11-30.png

upload_2020-9-29_1-12-6.png

upload_2020-9-29_1-13-8.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@RocksInMyHead

CONT... And why was racism even brought up concerning the adoption of Haitian children?

What was the seed being planted here?

There are hundreds of news articles and reports.

upload_2020-9-29_1-16-2.png

upload_2020-9-29_1-16-38.png

upload_2020-9-29_1-17-16.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 285286

Kendi wrote “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.” He continued, “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.” He added, “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.” These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”

Who is Ibram X Kendi? Scholar slams Amy Barrett, says White colonizers ‘adopted Blacks' to use them as props

Wow.... so this is where we are going with this nomination? I didn't know it could get this low. It seems Kavanaugh might have gone through daycare after the Dems finish with Amy Barrett. Are you going to tell me they are actually going to drag those kids through the mud by calling their mom a racist?

Kendi's basically just a racist pretending to be a scholar. He hates white people.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why shouldn’t this organization she’s a part of be relevant? This isn’t about Catholicism. And it’s pretty funny seeing conservatives pretend like religion doesn’t matter. If she was Muslim or Wiccan you all would be ALL over that.

No... by all means, define your own stance. I won't stop you. Why would the skin color of the children she adopted or what church she attends even matter?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your own quote:
“Kendi wrote “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.” He continued, “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.” He added, “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.” These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”

Are you not doing the very thing he describes? [Blue text]

Do you believe what he's saying Pommer? That some "white colonizers" are adopting black children in attempt to mask and hide their racism? To use them as props against accusations of racism?

This doesn't sound like the most ridiculous and racist claim you've heard in awhile?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I know homosexuals who married women to “pass” in straight society, (they’re [the wives] are known as “beards”).

Maybe he has a point?

There's no reason to make an 18+ year commitment to do something as loving as adopt a child to "avoid accusations of racism".

People would have to assume that you're racist in the first place for it to be necessary.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No... by all means, define your own stance. I won't stop you. Why would the skin color of the children she adopted or what church she attends even matter?
Neither should matter, unless they influenced her decision making as a judge. Then people will naturally be curious about them, since then it affects all of us. It’s not that complicated, just imagine what you might wonder if Obama had appointed a Wiccan, or an orthodox Muslim, to the Supreme Court. You’d have questions.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The sad truth is that this wouldn't even be a conversation if she was black or really anything but white. That's the only reason people consider it ok to question if she's racist.

The irony is that the conversation is led by Kendi....the guy that teaches liberals how to not be racist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You want to try and tell me this is not a current talking point? Why did the Democrats bring up her faith? What was the reasoning?
As I said in my initial response, they are questioning the potential influence of the fringe sect that she belongs to. That is not "attacking her for her Catholicism," as you claimed.

@RocksInMyHead

CONT... And why was racism even brought up concerning the adoption of Haitian children?

What was the seed being planted here?

There are hundreds of news articles and reports.
I'm not sure why you tagged me on this, since I made no comment on the matter. But I would surmise that it was at least in part a response to people claiming that she couldn't be racist because she had adopted two black children. I saw a comment to that effect on here last week, and someone else linked a tweet from Candace Owens earlier in this thread where she made the same claim.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I said in my initial response, they are questioning the potential influence of the fringe sect that she belongs to. That is not "attacking her for her Catholicism," as you claimed.

If she was a Free Will Baptist and people said it was a 'fringe sect'... would I be wrong in saying she was being attacked for her Baptist beliefs?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If she was a Free Will Baptist and people said it was a 'fringe sect'... would I be wrong in saying she was being attacked for her Baptist beliefs?
I don't know what a Free Will Baptist is or how their beliefs might differ from a normal Baptist, so I have no idea.

In Judge Barrett's case, the things being questioned are beliefs and strictures specific to People of Praise. They are not ideas shared by all (or even a significant percentage of) Catholics. Therefore, they are not attacking her for her Catholicism. As a Catholic myself, I do not feel at all attacked by the questions being asked of her.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 285286

Kendi wrote “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity.” He continued, “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.” He added, “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to “White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.” These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”
A lot of people believe White people are adopting black children. To use them as props. This is nothing new. Also he wrong, that people are adopting black people, so they don't look prejudice. I do know many black people don't trust white people to parent black children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pathfinder627

Sep 26, 2020
Texas
✟11,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what a Free Will Baptist is or how their beliefs might differ from a normal Baptist, so I have no idea.

In Judge Barrett's case, the things being questioned are beliefs and strictures specific to People of Praise. They are not ideas shared by all (or even a significant percentage of) Catholics. Therefore, they are not attacking her for her Catholicism. As a Catholic myself, I do not feel at all attacked by the questions being asked of her.

That's because the charismatic Catholics have the Holy Spirit and you don't. You're not even related. Why would you care?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why shouldn’t this organization she’s a part of be relevant? This isn’t about Catholicism. And it’s pretty funny seeing conservatives pretend like religion doesn’t matter. If she was Muslim or Wiccan you all would be ALL over that.

I will agree... I will never back or vote for a Wiccan, Satanist, Luciferian.... I would fight like crazy to keep them out matter of fact.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.