Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anything too good to be true is just that - suspicious minds might suggest that there is another 3rd party behind the scenes that's doing the actual parenting - Barrett's role is limited to be seen parading them out in public!
If you listen to her she gives that credit to her husband. She says even the kids say he is a better cook than she is. They do have babysitters just like other working moms and dads do.
Lucky for her if she gets on the court, which I'm sure she will, she will have from June to Oct. to spend with her family. They can go on long summer/fall vacations in where in the world they choose to. Most families the parents still have to work all these months of the summer. They may get 2-6 weeks off but not 4-5 consecutive months as the Supreme Court Justices do.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
upload_2020-9-27_21-54-49.png

Amy Coney Barrett, a favorite to be President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, is affiliated with a type of Christian religious group that served as inspiration for Margaret Atwood's dystopian novel, The Handmaid's Tale.

"There is a sect now, a Catholic charismatic spinoff sect, which calls the women handmaids. They don't go in for polygamy of this kind but they do threaten the handmaids according to the biblical verse I use in the book—sit down and shut up."

While Atwood has not elaborated on which sect she was referring to, a New Yorker profile of the author in 2017 mentions that in a box of newspaper clippings the author collected while writing the novel, there is "an Associated Press item reported on a Catholic congregation in New Jersey being taken over by a fundamentalist sect in which wives were called 'handmaidens'—a word that Atwood had underlined."

How Charismatic Catholic groups like Amy Coney Barrett's People of Praise inspired 'The Handmaid's Tale'

upload_2020-9-27_22-20-16.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟935,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Enjoy your approximately two months of wreaking havoc with a 6-3 majority Supreme Court.

As to her being horrible person, you can save that question for 23 million patients on the ACA after November 17 and see what they say. They will speak much more elegantly and passionately than I can, and they might even evoke a few tears from Republicans who have hearts.

We have alternatives, and it will be necessary to use them.

BTW, the NY Times is doing a weekly series on several decades of Trump's tax returns they've obtained. The teflon man may finally go down.
I will enjoy years and years of that 6-3 majority. Years.
As for Obamacare, it’s the worst thing to happen to people in decades. I will celebrate when it’s done away with.
Oh, and taxes? NY Times? LOLOL You mean the NYT that has a reputation of making crap up? I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't win Pulitzer prizes for making stuff up.

They have the documents but can't compromise their sources who went to considerable risk to save our country from ruin.

You might say, "What's his crime? So he only paid $1500. In taxes over 12 years!"

And yet overstating income and assets to get loans and understating it for tax purposes is criminal fraud.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟935,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't win Pulitzer prizes for making stuff up.

They have the documents but can't compromise their sources who went to considerable risk to save our country from ruin.

You might say, "What's his crime? So he only paid $1500. In taxes over 12 years!"

And yet overstating income and assets to get loans and understating it for tax purposes is criminal fraud.
Too bad there’s no CF fact check. All lies.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟935,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The left hates religion, yet they are the most devout people I know. They have faith in their prophets and accept without question what they are told over the pulpit. They have dogma. They have symbolic rituals and they shame those who don’t participate. They have commandments and punish those who sin against them. And they really hate heretics.

But Catholics can’t be in government anymore. Well, I suppose they can, but only if their Catholicism comes 2nd to the Church of the Perpetually Woke.

Also, new commandment this week... interracial adoption is now bad. Adjust your scriptures accordingly and prepare for your ritual virtue signaling.
- Fr. Eric

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Too bad there’s no CF fact check. All lies.
Don't worry. Wait a few days. You can look at fact check, snopes, others.

But I think that people who continue to believe in him have better characters than those who know the truth and don't care because they want to dismantle the social safety net.

Since you believe in him, consider that a compliment.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The left hates religion
Most on the left are religious, so...

But Catholics can’t be in government anymore.
Biden is a Catholic.

Also, new commandment this week... interracial adoption is now bad.
That's not what he said and it's been thoroughly explained what he meant. It's clear to anybody with basic reading comprehension skills. If you interpret that tweet in such a manner, than you either lack those skills or you're being deliberately dishonest.

Also, I'd like to point out that this is ONE tweet by ONE guy, and you're copy and pasting it like everyone on the left has said the same thing. I doubt anyone on this forum even knew who he was before today, but suddenly he's this major Democrat representative. But if I posted something from someone on the right spouting some crazy nonsense on Twitter and tried to act like his voice is a common one among Conservatives, you and others would immediately take me to task over it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If they rerun the Kavanaugh bit I suspect the Democrat hammer will break on the Barrett anvil. This could easily turn the election.
Who's "they"?

The actual Dem Party power people, or just any weirdo you can drag up from the internets?

Because Senate Dem strategy is already clear: go after her on issues, not personality.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who's "they"?

The actual Dem Party power people, or just any weirdo you can drag up from the internets?

Because Senate Dem strategy is already clear: go after her on issues, not personality.

Clear according to who? The general public or some weirdo posting on the internets? If we go by the interrogation following her nomination to the Seventh Circuit Court it will not be limited to issues at all.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Clear according to who? The general public or some weirdo posting on the internets? If we go by the interrogation following her nomination to the Seventh Circuit Court it will not be limited to issues at all.
It will be issues. Her worldview is an issue.

It wont be about personality stuff like: is she a jerk, who has she abused, etc. Seems like there's nothing to go after on those fronts, tho I dont know for sure. The D's certainly dont want that kind of fight. She actually sounds like a nice person.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly... right now I am searching Twitter poking around for the incoming attack we know is coming.

Don’t you have anything better to do?

Want to find extreme views on pretty much anything? Look on social media. Want to engage with the actual views most people have? Ask, read the news you regularly dismiss as fake without ever reading it - you know, like real world stuff, relevant information. Why would you think that the ideas of this or that person on this or that social media site is going to tell you anything useful? You’re aware that your own prez regularly launches bizarre personal attacks on people using twitter, yes? No-one takes him seriously, and yet you think the views of some other guy are somehow representative of - who exactly?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is pure slander tbh. These are Godless people. Im not american, but democrats have a reputation around the world of being borderline satanic in their policies. Abortions, the worship of women above men, taking bibles out of schools, normalizing degeneracy, racism against white people. I mean republicans are also evil, but not as deranged as Democrats.

Did you forget to take your meds?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
My cousin was born in Korea and adopted by my aunt and uncle. So I am somewhat wary of this notion that adopting a child of another race is wrong. I would be tempted even to say "it's none of anybody else's business". But remember Rachel Dolezal? Her parents had a similar fundamentalist Christian cult mentality as the PoP. We all know how well that turned out.

Just because a group or person isn't explicitly racist doesn't mean discussing these kinds of motivations should be unacceptable.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Don’t you have anything better to do?

Want to find extreme views on pretty much anything? Look on social media. Want to engage with the actual views most people have? Ask, read the news you regularly dismiss as fake without ever reading it - you know, like real world stuff, relevant information. Why would you think that the ideas of this or that person on this or that social media site is going to tell you anything useful? You’re aware that your own prez regularly launches bizarre personal attacks on people using twitter, yes? No-one takes him seriously, and yet you think the views of some other guy are somehow representative of - who exactly?

The democrats are never going to stop until Trump is out of office. Neither will I. You have to stay in front of them... do not give them one inch, or they will use it to tear you down. The democrats run all of it. The new media and social media. You will find commonalities in congruent taglines thru out multiple platforms. Oftentimes the entire message is verbatim on all platforms. All one has to do is find the taglines and you found the next big 'bombshell' sensation about to be dropped on the public.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The democrats are never going to stop until Trump is out of office. Neither will I. You have to stay in front of them... do not give them one inch, or they will use it to tear you down. The democrats run all of it. The new media and social media. You will find commonalities in congruent taglines thru out multiple platforms. Oftentimes the entire message is verbatim on all platforms. All one has to do is find the taglines and you found the next big 'bombshell' sensation about to be dropped on the public.

Chill out. If you just made some time to read the press each day, actually read it, you’d know what is actually contains rather than having a jumble of notions someone else strung together.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.