Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another translation.
Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?
It's a searching verse, especially when it comes to issues of fellowship, marriage, and so forth.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is extremely hard to walk together unless you are both of the same mind, because I think if they aren't in agreement then one person usually ends up being an influence over another.

For instance in marriage if the partner is not Christian then one will compromise hence our instructions to not be unequally yoked.

In a friendship also and I am by no means saying you can only be friends with a Christian but there will always be that closeness and fellowship that can only be found with a believing friend. I have a small circle of friends, other than two who live far away, they are not Christian sadly and there is that void there, even though they are nice people.
So I would say we can't truly walk together if we are not agreed.

• Agree
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is extremely hard to walk together unless you are both of the same mind, because I think if they aren't in agreement then one person usually ends up being an influence over another.

For instance in marriage if the partner is not Christian then one will compromise hence our instructions to not be unequally yoked.

In a friendship also and I am by no means saying you can only be friends with a Christian but there will always be that closeness and fellowship that can only be found with a believing friend. I have a small circle of friends, other than two who live far away, they are not Christian sadly and there is that void there, even though they are nice people.
So I would say we can't truly walk together if we are not agreed.
It's a strong principle that is mentioned in Amos 3.3...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reminds me of my daughter and her boyfriend. :)

What conversation are you hoping this thread generates?
(I have started a number of threads and I sometimes FYI them to ppl I have interacted with...)

Sounds like your daughter and bf are rather like-minded, then! :)

I think the Amos verse contains a very important principle, which can be applied to the NT fellowship theme.

Upvote 0