Amityville Horror situation again. Please pray.

E

Enkil

Well, having studied the topic of ghosts and haunted houses somewhat, I do not believe that termites would turn televisions off and on or making items disappear. However, based upon what you describe, thus far I see little evidence of demonic activity, with the possible exception of the issue of flies and they could easily have a natural explanation. It sounds more like you have a mischevious ghost. While this is disturbing enough, such is not nearly as bad as a demon. However, we cannot be certain.

I tend to agree that having a house blessed is probably a good thing. However, be advised that such is no guarantee that paranormal activity will cease. Sometimes a blessing even makes matters worse, though that is probably the case only if you have a demon or an evil spirit, as compared to a friendly or a mischevious ghost. Some claim that burning sage or incense candles into all corners of a haunted house helps. While I do not believe that this will help if one has a demon or an evil ghost, it might be enough to calm a friendly or mischevious spirit.

Some recommend it is advisable to do research on the home's history, to see if you can determine the source of the haunting, though I am skeptical that obtaining said information is of much value. I suppose it could be of benefit in a minority of cases. Personally, I would not put too much time and effort into this, but I throw it out for what it is worth.

I have often asked myself what I would do if I were confronted with such a situation. Here are a few ideas not yet mentioned. (1) Open up the curtains and let a lot of sun into the house, when possible. (2) Play hymns and other positive songs throughout the house. (3) If you conclude that the activity is that of a human spirit and not demonic, then I would offer up prayers for the ghost.

And from where in the Bible or anywhere else did you get the idea that there is such a thing as human ghosts haunting the living world?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorry if I missed anyone's questions, but I've had a long day and I'm kinda tired.

I wanted to let everyone know that things are much better due to your prayers and I wanted to thank everyone who prayed for me or left encouraging comments.

Edit to add: After I posted this, the TV started going on and off. I am doing better--but, please keep praying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some of you already know that my husband was probably involved in the occult. After his passing my house went into Amityville Horror mode. Doors opened and closed by themselves, the TV turned itself on and off, stuff like that. Most times it's not too bad and I try to ignore it. But lately it's gotten much worse (since I started doing a novena at home nightly).
Yesterday, I went into the bathroom and there was ONE fly buzzing around, so I went to get the fly swatter. When I got back to the bathroom (2 minutes later) there were 10+ flies flying all over the place. I left again and went to get some bug spray and when I got back there were NO flies anywhere.
I also have an ear infection that comes and goes (been to the doctor 3x over it).
Please pray a full covering of protection over me regarding my house and health. I pray 3 different prayers nightly from prayer cards from my church and I read the bible too. I go to church 2x-3x weekly and I just did confession last Sunday. So, I'm doing all I can to combat this. I need some prayer warriors to help me battle this.
Thanks and God Bless!
C J
P.S. As I type this, my computer is flickering. (It never does that normally.)

AGAIN - i implore you to get St Benedict medals. Place them over the doorways of the house and pray to St Benedict. And wear a medal.

The Medal of St. Benedict

There is indeed no medal which possesses such wonderful power and none so highly esteemed by the holy Church as the Medal of St. Benedict. Whosoever wears this medal with devotion, trusting to the life-giving power of the holy Cross and the merits of the holy Father St. Benedict, may expect the powerful protection of this great Patriarch in his spiritual and temporal needs.

benedict_small.JPG
The medal is approx 11/16" (dime size) and silver color aluminum - only 15¢ ea.

St. Benedict Medal

Upvote 0
B

Basil the Great

And from where in the Bible or anywhere else did you get the idea that there is such a thing as human ghosts haunting the living world?

If you would turn on the Biography Channel on Saturdays, you could watch real people who give their names that talk about their experiences. Celebrity Ghost Stories provides famous people and My Ghost Story highlights the stories of non-famous people. Maybe I am too gullible, but I tend to believe people, especially those who do not hide behind a wall of privacy, but are willing to give their names and be interviewed for all to see. I emphasize that many of these people have seen the ghosts of dead relatives or friends. Sorry, but to say that 100% of all hauntings are demons and that none at all are human souls flies in the face of many witnesses.

Upvote 0

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Dec 29, 2004
Kentucky
✟1,343.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I emphasize that many of these people have seen the ghosts of dead relatives or friends.
They think they've seen the ghosts of dead relatives.

Sorry, but to say that 100% of all hauntings are demons and that none at all are human souls flies in the face of many witnesses.
Perhaps not all are demons, there could be other creations of God that exist beyond our current ability to understand... but I feel confident in saying that no perpetual haunting involves the spirit of a human being.

Witnessing means little, I could show you a room full of people(far more than the normal ghost sighting) that witnessed a woman getting sawed in half and put back together... it is illusion. It is deception.

God, who can do all things, can and perhaps does let us view our loved ones after they've died, but granny doesn't rock the chair back and forth every night after dinner time and little Timmy isn't in your kitchen moving the soups cans around when you aren't looking.

Chrystal, I am praying for you. The first thing you need to do is get an electrician out there. If you have high electromagnetic fields in your house they can cause all kinds of nasty side effects, including making you feel watched and even hallucinations. I'm not saying this is what is going on, but you need to rule out environmental factors too.

Also, I can't agree more with most everyone else... get your priest out there as soon as possible, let him know everything that is going on and what may have contributed to the situation.

Finally, stay strong in your belief and remember that God controls all things and that in God is omnipotence, the power to drive forth all evil from His sight and your house.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is a chaplet to St. Michael and all the angels.

One of my children has what I call "permeable boundaries." She has prophetic dreams, senses spirits, can feel when she is near a cemetery before she even rounds the bend.

She had a prophetic dream about chaos in an airport about five days before we were flying. On our trip home the plane was delayed several hours, followed by our boarding and deplaning for mechanical problems, followed by our boarding and deplaning for (allegedly) weather problems. After the second deplaning (which was the airline's lame excuse to try to get away with not covering lodging for the passengers--planes to similar destinations were taking off all around us) the scene was absolutely chaotic and angry and crowded and hostile...

Her dreams worry me, too.

When these symptoms are especially worrisome to me, I will pray this chaplet.

The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel ~ EWTN ~ Prayers

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟121,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry if I missed anyone's questions, but I've had a long day and I'm kinda tired.

I wanted to let everyone know that things are much better due to your prayers and I wanted to thank everyone who prayed for me or left encouraging comments.

Edit to add: After I posted this, the TV started going on and off. I am doing better--but, please keep praying.

Thinking of you-- I hope you had a restful night's sleep. :hug:

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The house is run down. I hope she finds a way to renovate it. I even took the time to come up with some ideas. No good? Ok. fine. Go to Lourdes and get some holy water there. If you wanna go supernatural you better do it extreme then.

Neit, it also has happened to her son and some friends of his at an apartment he lives in... just sayin.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've never dabbled in the occult, but have been around people who do. My babysitter as a child was a self described "gypsy" who was deeply into astrology. (She was from Hungry and was married by 13 years old.) She firmly believed in werewolves and Dracula. That was my first experience with the occult. (I was 5 years old.) She taught me how to read the astrological charts and talked about lucky charms and other things related to the occult. For example, she wouldn't let me take the back path home because a werewolf could get me. She always told me to take the public street home (even though that was more dangerous cuz of traffic) because werewolves can't be on public streets (something like that).
There was a long gap after that, then some of my sisters started doing seance type stuff at their parties and I saw that. I was about 10. Then, nothing after that until I met my husband. He didn't openly expose me to the occult, he kept that interest to himself. After he died, I found drawings and paintings that he created with Satan in them. (He's a good artist, so they looked very real--and scary!) I also found books with pictures of demons in them. He also was obsessed with Dantes' inferno and the levels of hell. He had hundreds of books about Hitler, Stalin and demons. He was obsessed. He would sit for hours and watch TV shows about Hitler. I couldn't stomach them, so I always stayed upstairs and watched something else. When I brought a Priest to his hospital room to give him last rites, I asked him if he wanted me to leave the room so he could do confession and he said "No--I'm good." If I was that close to the end, I would be confessing for hours. (But, I'm glad the priest was there to bless him anyway.) I've always had a feeling that something was around me, but it's never been this dark. Before, it was just a vague feeling that there was another plane of existence. I never had this kind of experience before my husband passed away. This is different. It's more negative and aggressive.

I feel it's more the people I was around than me myself. I've always been interested in the bible and learning about religion. It took me a while to find my way--but, I think I'm on the right path now. I'm going to church often, praying and reading the bible. I grew up in a Catholic family that wasn't very devout. We would go to church, but religion was never a part of our daily lives. So, I was often confused and uneducated regarding the Church. I kept going to church over the years (sporadically) but it wasn't until I joined the church I'm in now and started reading the bible that my knowledge took off. (That was about the time this "haunting" got really bad.) So, it could be related.
I'll stop here since this post is so long. Hope it cleared things up for you.
Thanks and God Bless all!
C J

It sounds a lot like my mother and when I was a kid... she believes (still does to a point) in a lot of crazy stuff and we were exposed to a lot thanks to her. and she had a grandmother who openly practiced voodoo and the like, she wasn't around her though and my grandmother tried to keep her away from it but it still influenced her.

I do not have huntings, thank the Lord but I have a lot of other stuff to deal with and it's my very own personal belief based on nothing other then what I think, but I think we do become targets due to someone else exposing us to the garbage and I dunno but I personally find it too ironic that you would grow up to marry a man who was into it un be known to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Neitz . . cell phones that have been dead for a year just don't suddenly turn on and begin ringing...... there is no natural phenomena that would explain that.

A

Reminds me of a woman i know in another forum who is atheist. Her husband died [youngish] in his 30's. Anyway - she made a thread asking how she was getting a phone call from her dead husbands cell phone that showed his name on caller id.
This happened in the evening and the next morning.

I tried to explain that it was possible since God calls us all the last hour before death [or minute] that he accepted God and is in purgatory and needs prayer.
That is what ghosts are... souls in need.

She absolutely refused to believe that. SO for in case he is one of the souls in my intentions.

The thing is, his cell was shut off. When he died the cell was turned off and the number would not have been redistributed without a new name on it. Anyway, she called his work and asked and they did not turn it back on for anyone. This occurred in Wales..
She also called the company who gives out the numbers and they did not reassign it at that time.

Soooooooooo - the spirit world will find ways to contact us. She refused to pick it up tho, i think i would have.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It sounds a lot like my mother and when I was a kid... she believes (still does to a point) in a lot of crazy stuff and we were exposed to a lot thanks to her. and she had a grandmother who openly practiced voodoo and the like, she wasn't around her though and my grandmother tried to keep her away from it but it still influenced her.

I do not have huntings, thank the Lord but I have a lot of other stuff to deal with and it's my very own personal belief based on nothing other then what I think, but I think we do become targets due to someone else exposing us to the garbage and I dunno but I personally find it too ironic that you would grow up to marry a man who was into it un be known to you.
I have Facebook and someone posted a NDE of a teen who shot herself went to hell, and returned after first seeing Heaven.

Any-who, i ended up watching an ET interview about satanists [because youtube usually gives you options to see related materials]... and this known satanist who taught others about satanism, was dying [happily so they said - because satanist want to die] and before he died he kept saying 'this is a mistake, this is a terrible mistake.... what have i done?'

:crossrc:

I honestly do not think ppl suffer from their relatives choices. Rather what they did in life was to conjure up evil and the evil stays. Like they open a doorway, and the evil has an easier access. This doesnt mean the family is cursed, but rather the instruments they used need disposed of, and bless the places they used curses and such.

This voodoo crap is not stronger than the Lord. Unfortunately this could be telling why New Orleans is so polluted with wandering souls.

All things evil exist... and they are capable of allowing evil in, but faith in God - like the Saints had - is protection.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If you would turn on the Biography Channel on Saturdays, you could watch real people who give their names that talk about their experiences. Celebrity Ghost Stories provides famous people and My Ghost Story highlights the stories of non-famous people. Maybe I am too gullible, but I tend to believe people, especially those who do not hide behind a wall of privacy, but are willing to give their names and be interviewed for all to see. I emphasize that many of these people have seen the ghosts of dead relatives or friends. Sorry, but to say that 100% of all hauntings are demons and that none at all are human souls flies in the face of many witnesses.

True true.

I do not lie when i say i can feel the difference between evil demons nearby and souls who need prayers.

There is a very distinct difference.

And i would say 90% are souls needing prayer.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have Facebook and someone posted a NDE of a teen who shot herself went to hell, and returned after first seeing Heaven.

Any-who, i ended up watching an ET interview about satanists [because youtube usually gives you options to see related materials]... and this known satanist who taught others about satanism, was dying [happily so they said - because satanist want to die] and before he died he kept saying 'this is a mistake, this is a terrible mistake.... what have i done?'

:crossrc:

I honestly do not think ppl suffer from their relatives choices. Rather what they did in life was to conjure up evil and the evil stays. Like they open a doorway, and the evil has an easier access. This doesnt mean the family is cursed, but rather the instruments they used need disposed of, and bless the places they used curses and such.

This voodoo crap is not stronger than the Lord. Unfortunately this could be telling why New Orleans is so polluted with wandering souls.

All things evil exist... and they are capable of allowing evil in, but faith in God - like the Saints had - is protection.

New Orleans is a mixed bag, its not all Voodoo all the time, its really not the identity its just whats portrayed. Its very historically Catholic but the Haitians who were taught to practice Catholicism never gave up their occult practices and they would hide them under the guise of Catholic practices.

So I guess that's why you can go into one of those tourists "spiritual" shops and see Catholic stuff sold right along occultist stuff.

Anyway my mother's father's family was not from New Orleans. The "hills of Carolina" is where I'm told the voodoo stuff came from.

My grandfather and his father (who was divorced from his voodoo practicing mother) is who came to New Orleans.

My mother did not get her occultism from being a product of New Orleans but from this family who wasn't from here.

And I do not believe the occult is stronger than God and I know that if you are dedicated to God and you are in a state of grace, it can't hurt you, just scare you and aggravate you. He can't take your soul but he sure can mess up your life while your here.

But I'm referring to something a little different and that is the devil targeting ppl to get them to curse God or what ever. Family members can indeed bring this to others and... I don't want to get into it. N/M.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not creeped out a anymore becuase I know the devil has no power if you are seriously dedicated to God.

If you aren't and you are more of a fake then anything- then what you need to fear is your salvation- not that the TV turns on by itself, although one could not help but be afraid of that.

The constant temptation to give on on God is what one needs to fear.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In New Orleans tarot card readers set up shop in the park across the street from the cathedral. My daughter had started having dreams about a "skinned dog" and when we visited New Orleans for her choir trip, she saw the skinned dog on the leash of a tarot card reader outside the cathedral.

Life can be very difficult for those who have dreams and visions....and I don't think pretending that they're not real or not "Catholic" is helpful to them. Prayer helps, but they were born with this "ability," and they are powerless to change it. My daughter did "pray away the ghosts" who sometmes follow her for about six months, but they gradually came back. Now she's trying to pray them away again.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟121,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember, as a baptised Catholic, the Holy Spirit lives in you.

Holy Spirit is your fortress.

Nothing can defeat the Holy Spirit.

With the Holy Spirit on guard, nothing can break in.

:amen:

Upvote 0