I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sun hung low behind the mountains, painting the sky above the jagged black horizon with warm colors bordered by violet hues. Fiery rays of sunlight lanced over the land and struck the surface of one lonely tower, shattering into thousands of tiny raylets upon its walls, so that the tower shone like fierce flame in the approaching dusk. For this tower, upon its hilltop in a faraway land, was like no other tower built by mortal man; its construction was of purest amethyst.

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Our orders are to find Kazic." The voice belonged to Aram. A tall youth about Jin's age, he stood with legs apart and arms folded, regarding Jin with unblinking eyes. His features looked as if they had been carved out of rough stone by a master artisan. "If we do not bring him back, our instructor will not be pleased."

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aram shook his head, then unfolded his arms and walked past Jin to the edge of the low cliff on which they stood. Coolly, he surveyed the rugged landscape. "To qualify for the First Test of Fire, we must complete this training on time," he said, with his back towards Jin. "Or else we will have to start over. If you need rest, I will find Kazic alone."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LightofHeaven

Reborn
May 31, 2007
In a house. You?
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jin regarded AraM with a glare. "Don't you remember what Instructor Dolaire said?" Jin took a step closer to his companion. Aram stood just inches taller than Jin, but Jin carried more thick layers od muscle in his body. "Our success depends on each other."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightofHeaven

Reborn
May 31, 2007
In a house. You?
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jin let out a frustrated sigh and followed Aram down the slope, stuffing his binoculars in a belt pouch beneath his cloak. "You're probably right." he said. But not entirely, tall fry. Dolaire believes in my potential to become a HAWK, and my emotions have nothing tro do with her being hard on me.

They reached the base of the clif within minutes and hurried along the riverbank in pursuit of the figure.

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When he reached the base of the cliff, Aram stopped. "Jin, wait!" But it was too late; Jin hurried by and started down the riverbank. Sighing, Aram took up his binocuulars again and quickly scanned the area. the figure was still there,, moving along ythe water's edge with that bundle on its back.

Aram's skin prickled with a premonition of danger. Storing away the binos, he took a crossbow bolt frrom his belt and loaded it onto a drevice strapped to his left forearm. Then he followed Jin slowly, searching the surrounding cliffs for threats.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Typical of you, Jin. Giving aaway the element of surprise. Aram raised his arm and aimed the crossbow bolt at the figure. The forearm device, when fired, was deadly accurate at a range of fifty yards.If this was a hostile entity, Aram would have one chance at a shot before it reached Jin.

Upvote 0

LightofHeaven

Reborn
May 31, 2007
In a house. You?
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At this closer distance, Jin could make out the figure's bulky form, which was covered by a mass of wet fur. It was cvery much ape, but the face was far from ape-like. It resemblied the head o a frog; its large yellow eyes stared fearfully back at Jin.

It's a gorpa. Jin thought. He couldn't see the bundle it carried behind it, but he could see a pair of little fists gripging handfuls of hair around the creature's broad shoulders. And it's got a baby. But...

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Standing on the bank above and behind Jin, Aram frowned. A gorpa? Gorpas were half-sentient amphibians native to the Tirja swamps, far to the south. They never left their habitat. Something wasn't right.

He kept hiis armbow steady, tightening his fingers around the firing grip.

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Standing on the bank above and behind Jin, Aram frowned. A gorpa? Gorpas were half-sentient amphibians native to the Tirja swamps, far to the south. They never left their habitat. Something wasn't right.

He kept hiis armbow steady, tightening his fingers around the firing grip.

Upvote 0