America's Poor Live Better Than Most Of Humanity

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you might need to look at these statistics from a different perspective:

Please watch this video for the real truth:

Matt Mitchell Explains World Income Inequality - YouTube

Even poor Americans have a lot to be thankful for compared to a vast majority of the world's people.

Those statistics are way out-dated!!! That's almost five years ago before many people lost their homes.

People are in even worse condition now. Except for the wealthy.

Those statistics also don't account for the many homeless or squatters who are off the radar.

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A dictionary entry for envy as I understand the word:

1. 1 Painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage. 2 Malice 3 An object of envious notice or feeling

2. 1 To feel envy toward or on account of. 2 Begrudge to feel or show envy.

I do not want harm to come to others. To envy someone means you want harm to come to them.

Back to the post you replied to by yoder777, he might have thrown that post out there as others have in other ways as to suggest do not respond politically to disparity, which is a sloppy tactic to use. I have often read posts that claim people are envious, which is not true. What is true remains others' abilities to communicate political objectives.

Actions to debate from a great mind I admire are added. Imagine to get rid of the "kings, warlords, and theocrats" currently in power of the U.S. today using aggressive political recourse, major actions can occur. Enforce inheritance tax on great wealth. Take away tax exempt statuses for mega churches that preach prosperity theology. Shut down Washington's revolving door to get rid of the out of control military complex. And, enforce the Sherman Anti-trust Act.

Wow, I reckon people try to twist things to make their viewpoints correct at the expense of truth. Either that, or they are envious of what others have and can't believe that others are content.

Sure, I would love to win the lottery! Only, I don't play the lottery.

I enjoy bingo occasionally because I like the adrenalin rush I get when I'm in a roomful of people and I get to shout BINGO! But I haven't played bingo in a room full of people for over a decade.

I've been homeless before. I've lived on the streets and in the woods before. IF that doesn't teach you to be humble nothing will.

God has really blessed us and we don't need to envy other people, even though we live barely above the poverty level.

If I want something, I ask God about it. Surprisingly, He even gives me stuff I've wanted but didn't ask for.

I have a wonderful heavenly Father! He gives really good gifts to His children!

About a decade and a half ago, I prayed for food to can. He gave me bean baskets full of green beans that had been thrown out because the top layer weren't all nice and pretty. He gave me tomatoes, apples, all kinds of food to can.

I asked the owner of the produce stand why he didn't take the top layer off and sell the good stuff underneath. He said, "I don't have time. I just write if off as a loss".

When I needed furnishings for the house and clothes, I would get in the car or truck and pray and drive. Curb diving. I got brand new items with the price tags still on them sometimes, but you would be surprised how often I got exactly what I wanted.

Now, I was sitting in a Christian Forum over a decade ago sharing all of this when others were having difficult times and telling them that yes God will provide. And people were criticizing me and my God. Telling me, "Their God wouldn't expect that".

When the bubble burst, my home was paid for. My cupboard was well stocked with home canned produce, some from my garden and some from the produce stand. My freezer was full. I had all of the necessities I needed provided by God through unconventional means.

And I often wondered what happened to all of those horrible people that blasted me, ridiculed me, belittled me and my faith, because I know quite a few of them probably lost their jobs and their homes. There were so many of them.

And I also hoped and prayed that some of them saw the writing on the wall before they lost everything and that maybe some of them would remember what I wrote and at least had something to eat.

But no, I don't envy anybody. Most of the time I look around and just shake my head as I see the folly of the way most people live and they are nowhere near prepared for what is coming.

I trust in God, not in chariots.

Upvote 0

wintermile

Bioconservative
May 9, 2011
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I reckon people try to twist things to make their viewpoints correct at the expense of truth. Either that, or they are envious of what others have and can't believe that others are content.

Sure, I would love to win the lottery! Only, I don't play the lottery.

I enjoy bingo occasionally because I like the adrenalin rush I get when I'm in a roomful of people and I get to shout BINGO! But I haven't played bingo in a room full of people for over a decade.

I've been homeless before. I've lived on the streets and in the woods before. IF that doesn't teach you to be humble nothing will.

God has really blessed us and we don't need to envy other people, even though we live barely above the poverty level.

If I want something, I ask God about it. Surprisingly, He even gives me stuff I've wanted but didn't ask for.

I have a wonderful heavenly Father! He gives really good gifts to His children!

About a decade and a half ago, I prayed for food to can. He gave me bean baskets full of green beans that had been thrown out because the top layer weren't all nice and pretty. He gave me tomatoes, apples, all kinds of food to can.

I asked the owner of the produce stand why he didn't take the top layer off and sell the good stuff underneath. He said, "I don't have time. I just write if off as a loss".

When I needed furnishings for the house and clothes, I would get in the car or truck and pray and drive. Curb diving. I got brand new items with the price tags still on them sometimes, but you would be surprised how often I got exactly what I wanted.

Now, I was sitting in a Christian Forum over a decade ago sharing all of this when others were having difficult times and telling them that yes God will provide. And people were criticizing me and my God. Telling me, "Their God wouldn't expect that".

When the bubble burst, my home was paid for. My cupboard was well stocked with home canned produce, some from my garden and some from the produce stand. My freezer was full. I had all of the necessities I needed provided by God through unconventional means.

And I often wondered what happened to all of those horrible people that blasted me, ridiculed me, belittled me and my faith, because I know quite a few of them probably lost their jobs and their homes. There were so many of them.

And I also hoped and prayed that some of them saw the writing on the wall before they lost everything and that maybe some of them would remember what I wrote and at least had something to eat.

But no, I don't envy anybody. Most of the time I look around and just shake my head as I see the folly of the way most people live and they are nowhere near prepared for what is coming.

I trust in God, not in chariots.

As the big squeeze tightens, it sounds like you are well looked after. That is a good thing.

I trust in Yeshua, not new age mysticism.

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those statistics are way out-dated!!! That's almost five years ago before many people lost their homes.

People are in even worse condition now. Except for the wealthy.

Those statistics also don't account for the many homeless or squatters who are off the radar.

No, it's based on statistics that were gathered by World Bank economist Branko Milanovic after the Recession:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/books/review/Rampell-t.html?_r=0

It's a simple fact that by working an eight dollar an hour job at Walmart, you'd have a higher standard of living than 68% of the world's people.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
No, it's based on statistics that were gathered by World Bank economist Branko Milanovic after the Recession:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/books/review/Rampell-t.html?_r=0

It's a simple fact that by working an eight dollar an hour job at Walmart, you'd have a higher standard of living than 68% of the world's people.
And now those who earn far short of a decent AMERICAN STANDARD OF LIVING should fall on their knees in thanks to a god who has them in an AMERICAN misery?

I'll ask again. Is that the whole point of this thread?

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And now those who earn far short of a decent AMERICAN STANDARD OF LIVING should fall on their knees in thanks to a god who has them in an AMERICAN misery?

The median household income in the United States is higher than 90% of the world's people. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If people have a pot and and window to throw it out of they should get on their knees and thank God! Some people don't even have that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The medium household income in the United States is higher than 90% of the world's people. Is that correct?
I'll ask again:

Is that the whole point of this thread?

It is a very clear question. What's the answer?

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll ask again:

Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him.

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll ask again:

Psalm 50:14, 15 AMP

14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High,
15 And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him.

Psalm 50:14, 15 AMP

14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High,
15 And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.
And you wonder why chicken poop like this turns off both those who don't believe and those who DO. :doh:

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll ask again:

Psalm 10:13-15

Amplified Bible (AMP)

13 Why does the wicked [man] condemn (spurn and renounce) God? Why has he thought in his heart, You will not call to account?
14 You have seen it; yes, You note trouble and grief (vexation) to requite it with Your hand. The unfortunate commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.
15 Break the arm of the wicked man; and as for the evil man, search out his wickedness until You find no more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 34:16-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles.
18 The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent.

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Majority of Texas Fast-Food Workers on Public Assistance

Fifty-nine percent of front-line fast-food workers in Texas rely on public assistance programs such as food stamps and Medicaid to support their families, according to a report released on Tuesday.

Nationally, more than half – 52 percent – of the families of front-line fast-food workers use at least one public assistance program, compared with a quarter of the total workforce, according to the report.
<snip>
Texas had the seventh-largest percentage of front-line fast-food workers on public assistance among the 24 states included in the report. Louisiana had the highest, 73 percent. The researchers omitted states for which there were too few fast-food workers in the census data sample.
PRAISE YOUR GOD! Sing Hallelujah! These folks are doing SOOO GOOD! They can't even make enough of a living to make it without your assistance, given as grudgingly as possible. Proof positive that God provides, even if you don't want to through your tax dollars.

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

<snip>
PRAISE YOUR GOD! Sing Hallelujah! These folks are doing SOOO GOOD! They can't even make enough of a living to make it without your assistance, given as grudgingly as possible. Proof positive that God provides, even if you don't want to through your tax dollars.

I find that hard to believe. I make minimum wage on my Social Security and don't qualify. And I just got remarried last year and now my husband doesn't qualify.

And of course, the assumption is that all these people are getting hundreds of dollars on their EBT cards when in fact, most of them probably get about $20 to $30 a month and mostly because they pay high rent.

Rent and utilities vs. how much you earn is the formula. NOT just how much you earn.

In different areas of the country the cost of living is higher than other parts. The scale of who qualifies varies based upon that.

Upvote 0

Ludicrus

Aug 25, 2013
✟15,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

<snip>

Bull manure!

I'll bet almost all of them have high speed wireless and cell phones. Wide screen TV's and the latest laptop.

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really don't like it when a nutty poster derails a thread, but then again, the thread has lasted for almost sixty pages anyway and there's nothing new I have to add to it. If you don't understand that because America is the richest country on earth, that the median household income is higher than 90% of the world's people, and that the bottom 5% of Americans live better than 68% of the world's people, that's honestly not my problem.

Upvote 0