United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Liz Peek: Americans will never allow Bernie and Liz to stomp on our freedoms

Forget their embarrassing “he said- she said” bickering, a made-for-TV moment if ever there was one.

This is the reality: neither Bernie Sanders nor Elizabeth Warren is going to be elected president – not this year or any time soon. Why? Because they want to squelch our personal freedoms, and that is something Americans will always reject. 

Beto O’Rourke found that out the hard way, but he won’t be the last. The former Texas congressman’s campaign collapsed when he vowed to take away Americans’ guns and restrict our religious freedom.

Those policies were anathema to millions, but are minor league compared to how Sanders and Warren want to take control of our lives. They want to decide what kind of house we should live in, what kind of car we drive, how we earn our living and so much more. 

This is not an exaggeration and helps to explain a recent poll, which shows the United States taking a surprising and unexpected lurch to the right.  

In 2019, even as Democrat presidential hopefuls Sanders and Warren rallied millions to their cause, wagging their fingers over income inequality and railing about the downtrodden middle class, Americans walked away from their message by becoming – shockingly – more conservative. 

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Beto O’Rourke found that out the hard way, but he won’t be the last. The former Texas congressman’s campaign collapsed when he vowed to take away Americans’ guns and restrict our religious freedom.

Shocking, any link where he "vowed to take away Americans´gun" ?

or

restrict "religious freedom" ?

They want to decide what kind of house we should live in, what kind of car we drive, how we earn our living and so much more. 

This is not an exaggeration

Funny how it really does look like an exaggeration.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Funny how it really does look like an exaggeration.

Well, the sky's the limit
for the runners on the left these days.

Young kids have been brain washed
(most) older ones have a little more sense.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do know that at one time he stated to CNN host Don Lemon that churches who oppose gay marriage will lose their tax exempt status.

From IRS

Exemption Requirements - 501(c)(3) Organizations | Internal Revenue Service

"To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates."

So if gay marriage is legal and this seems to be the case.

Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia

Churches opposing gay marriage could be seen to be "an action organization" as meant in section 501(c)(3)

I do not really see this as "restricting religious freedom"

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, the sky's the limit
for the runners on the left these days.

Young kids have been brain washed
(most) older ones have a little more sense.

M-Bob

These generations of kids will one day govern our nation.

I hope I'm with the Lord and will not have to witness what they will do to America.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Liz Peek: Americans will never allow Bernie and Liz to stomp on our freedoms

Forget their embarrassing “he said- she said” bickering, a made-for-TV moment if ever there was one.

This is the reality: neither Bernie Sanders nor Elizabeth Warren is going to be elected president – not this year or any time soon. Why? Because they want to squelch our personal freedoms, and that is something Americans will always reject. 

Those policies were anathema to millions, but are minor league compared to how Sanders and Warren want to take control of our lives. They want to decide what kind of house we should live in, what kind of car we drive, how we earn our living and so much more. 

This is not an exaggeration and helps to explain a recent poll, which shows the United States taking a surprising and unexpected lurch to the right.  

In 2019, even as Democrat presidential hopefuls Sanders and Warren rallied millions to their cause, wagging their fingers over income inequality and railing about the downtrodden middle class, Americans walked away from their message by becoming – shockingly – more conservative. 
NEVER under-estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
From IRS

Exemption Requirements - 501(c)(3) Organizations | Internal Revenue Service

"To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates."

So if gay marriage is legal and this seems to be the case.

Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia

Churches opposing gay marriage could be seen to be "an action organization" as meant in section 501(c)(3)

I do not really see this as "restricting religious freedom"

Easy answer: look back to what happened in France during the Revolution.
Priests were arrested, and jailed, churches were closed, and only the holocaust killing of a group of nuns stopped the wholesale destruction and slaughter of Catholics.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
But unfortunately, the lesson wasn't learned there. It continued!

In America, the Native Americans were disrespected, forcibly gathered up into camps against their will, and some remain there today.
In Germany, it was the Jews who were gathered up, set apart, tortured, and killed.

It happened again in Poland, China, Mexico, and other countries. And it hasn't stopped yet.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These generations of kids will one day govern our nation.

I don't see these generations of kids even having that as an option one day. Surely the 2nd coming of Christ will have already happened way before these generations of kids are even old enough to govern our nation one day.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't see these generations of kids even having that as an option one day. Surely the 2nd coming of Christ will have already happened way before these generations of kids are even old enough to govern our nation one day.

I can't see America being who she is today at the second coming of Christ. The anti-christ will have a grip on the world in that day.

Somehow America will be taken out of the way. How, I don't know. But I believe the far left will have something to do with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a politician in US that does not ?

I think the real question that's hidden behind the guise of "Does this politician claim to be a person of faith?" is "Does this politician pander to devout conservative voters?" I think the latter question is a more accurate representation since it was demonstrated in the last presidential election that as long as a potential candidate identifies as a Republican and they politically pander to devout conservatives (while viciously attacking Democrats and all things liberal at the same time), then it wouldn't be held against them if they are a seral adulterer or if they paid off a sex worker to buy their silence or if they bragged about how they could get away with sexually groping someone because they are a celebrity.

It wouldn't be held against them if they were forced to pay a $25 million dollar settlement because they ripped a lot of people off in a fraudulent university scam or if they were fined $2 million dollars for misusing charity funds to boost their campaign. They could even take God's name in vain, be foul-mouthed and use profanity to disparage people, and maliciously degrade anyone who opposes them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Americans will never allow Bernie & Liz to stomp on our freedoms ...

Perhaps not.

Thankfully, these aren't the only Democratic options available ...

That's true, but it has to be admitted that each of these two has a reasonable chance of becoming the Democratic Party's nominee and of winning the 2020 election.

The more threatening development of recent years is that there are hardly any Democrats in Congress anymore who will break ranks with the majority of the party...and that majority is very much in the corner of Sanders and Warren, ideologically speaking.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true, but it has to be admitted that each of these two has a reasonable chance of becoming the Democratic Party's nominee and of winning the 2020 election.

The more threatening development of recent years is that there are hardly any Democrats in Congress anymore who will break ranks with the majority of the party...and that majority is very much in the corner of Sanders and Warren, ideologically speaking.
I don't agree.

I think that it's much more the Republican party which is becoming narrower in scope ...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't agree.

I think that it's much more the Republican party which is becoming narrower in scope ...

"Narrower in scope" wasn't what I was speaking to. Rather, it was the policy of not breaking ranks with one's own party.

Have you paid much attention to the votes in Congress? No matter what issue it is, the number of Democrats who do not vote with the Democrats are nil. That IS NOT the case with the Republicans (as the failure to repeal Obamacare, the uncertain outcome of the Kavanaugh confirmation, and the speculation about defections in the current impeachment trial in the Senate testify to).

Upvote 0