loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Americans Saw Trump Unfiltered and Recoiled in Horror
That brings us to the first presidential debate, last month. A debate is a chance to see both candidates relatively unfiltered. And given a rare chance to see the president at length, without filters or interruptions (except many of his own), many Americans looked at Trump and recoiled in horror.
tulc(thought this was interesting)

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The culture is ill and the infection didn't start with Trump..
Right he is the symptom not the cause. A significant part of America saw an aspirational part of themselves in him and put him in office. He is a reflection of almost half the United States, narcissistic, fearful, self centered and rude.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He is a reflection of an American population who is tired of the American government trying to please everybody but the American people. If that is self centered, then is properly so. Americans are right to expect their government to put their interests before foreign interests.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I for one recoiled, not in horror but amazement that the Moderator debated the President more than Mr. Biden did.
That is because he ignored the rules, as he always does.
Even Rex Tillerson said he had to keep the president from doing illegal things.
“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ned-doesnt-like-read-tries-do-illegal-things/

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is because he ignored the rules, as he always does.
Even Rex Tillerson said he had to keep the president from doing illegal things.
“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ned-doesnt-like-read-tries-do-illegal-things/

Two things - Rex wan't in the debate.

and - I am speaking, not of trying to control the interruptions from both sides - but the moderator stepping in and debating facts. If he wanted to debate, he should have run for office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I for one recoiled, not in horror but amazement that the Moderator debated the President more than Mr. Biden did.
The result of a personal agenda no doubt which interfered with the purpose of moderating but served the purpose of those within the network that had disagreed with giving Trump a platform.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The result of a personal agenda no doubt which interfered with the purpose of moderating but served the purpose of those within the network that had disagreed with giving Trump a platform.

Agreed - the media have become political operatives. It is not their place to decide who gets a platform -

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is not their place to decide who gets a platform -
The commission that regulates these things isn't doing very well either. It is like when the sower who casts seeds then takes it upon themselves to determine how they shall grow.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As if anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty should pay attention to another opinion piece written by another sanctimonious and patronizing pseudointellectual.

From the OP article, quote:

"The president was rude, shouty, and racist."

The charge of racism is the first recourse of the intellectually bankrupt. It is the charge of the crying child sitting in the corner screaming that the rules aren't fair. And in this case, just another pathetic lie.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Two things - Rex wan't in the debate.

and - I am speaking, not of trying to control the interruptions from both sides - but the moderator stepping in and debating facts. If he wanted to debate, he should have run for office.
So just let him deliver misinformation without challenge. Got it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So just let him deliver misinformation without challenge. Got it.

The point of a debate is point/counter point between two debaters

If Joe Biden is not up to speed enough to challenge information, it isn’t the moderators job to cover for him, nor is it the moderators job to debate one of the contestants.

A moderator is to be neutral, and ask questions so people can judge for themselves.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point of a debate is point/counter point between two debaters

If Joe Biden is not up to speed enough to challenge information, it isn’t the moderators job to cover for him, nor is it the moderators job to debate one of the contestants.

A moderator is to be neutral, and ask questions so people can judge for themselves.
And to enforce the rules which trump completely ignored. He turned it int a free for all.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If neutrality in the Supreme Court can't be accepted by some politicians and their minions, then why would they accept it in a moderator?

Upvote 0